Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 24, 2014 09:54 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: A rakah a rakah! My kingdom for a rakah!'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hydroquinone warning!!!  (Read 3303 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Nov 11, 2010 09:14 AM »

So so sad. Why can't we accept ourselves the way we are.

Everywoman - Skin Bleaching

Thought this was a great documentary by this girl in London on the subject of how south asians are obsessed by color:
#1 Lighter Skin Is More Beautiful, So Use a Bleaching Cream - #1 of 4
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2010 02:41 PM »

I remember when I was young and my family and I went to Florida for vacation.  My father actually yelled at my sister and me to go out and get a tan!  He didn't want us to go back north and have people see us without a tan.  When I was a teenager, my friends and I spent hours and hours laying out in the hot sun trying to get a good tan.  It was hot, sticky, and miserable, but having white skin was considered horrible!  You had to be tan.  Also, tall, thin, blond and blue eyed.... you know, just like Barbie...

I guess we just can't be happy with what we've got....

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2011 11:23 PM »

Hi again ladies (no I'm not stalking the Sister's Spa) but came across this video and I knew you had a thread going somewhat recently, so did the search and found this thread - though it was appropriate enough place, instead of starting a new thread. Got the video via Twitter actually from a brother that passes along great stuff, both his own work and those of others. There is some mature language used, but you all are big girls, so I think you can handle it  Tongue

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/16210769?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p>
Shadeism
from Shadeism on Vimeo.</p>

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: