Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hajj 1431/2010 Photos  (Read 1770 times)
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reps: 519

« on: Nov 15, 2010 04:39 PM »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aljazeeraenglish/sets/72157625389697492/show/

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2785

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2010 09:55 PM »

Another set of awesome pictures from the big picture:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/11/hajj_2010.html

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2010 05:15 PM »

I gotta admit, the Boston ones are the best each year, which you've always shared with us Sis Jannah . . got the link from my now-famous NY Baji . .  Smiley . .  before checking in here; the one I put up is supposed to be updated as the rituals went on, so hope there are more there now . .

desibro
BABA

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2010 03:12 PM »

3 Days in Mina from Al Jazeera (Flickr): http://blogs.aljazeera.net/middle-east/2010/11/17/gallery-three-days-mina

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2010 03:01 PM »

This is video, but since it is simply highlighting the ritual sites, thought I would stick it here:

View from above: Hajj AJE Web Exclusive

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2010 02:26 PM »

Muhammad al Shareef posted this to his fb today! How awesome, looks like hes in the control room.

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2010 04:48 PM »

Yes, this is sooo lovely- I got his Tweet on this Grin

Best "control room"  - EVER  Smiley

BABA
 desibro

akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2010 05:00 PM »

That is the first time I've seen a picture taken from inside the control room..it well might be the only one.
I wonder how he got in there Huh?

My dad and uncle got a chance to go inside the Kaaba..how I wish they had a camera back then Tongue

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2010 07:35 PM »

He went to school in Madina and he goes every year to Hajj I think. Perhaps he has friends in high places now Smiley

Would LOVE to pray inside the kabah but I think only top royalty get that chance Sad

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2010 08:21 PM »

That is the first time I've seen a picture taken from inside the control room..it well might be the only one.
I wonder how he got in there Huh?

My dad and uncle got a chance to go inside the Kaaba..how I wish they had a camera back then Tongue

NO WAY!!! That is awesome, ma'sha'allah.

He went to school in Madina and he goes every year to Hajj I think. Perhaps he has friends in high places now Smiley

Would LOVE to pray inside the kabah but I think only top royalty get that chance Sad

Wow, I didn't know that Sis J - yeah, he MUST have some connections! Um, correct me those of you how have been or just know more history, but I was told/read that if you pray inside the area that is marked off adjacent to the Kaaba with the stones (which shows the original boundaries of the Kaaba) that it is as if you prayed inside it.

BABA
 desibro

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2010 02:27 AM »

From the US one can go to Hajj every year, no restrictions! And I'm pretty sure he goes every year or almost. MashaAllah! One of the (only?) perks of being a well known Imam/Shaikh Smiley That was one of the top questions in our Amazing Race Muslim style? competition a few years ago here on the board.  "Go to Makkah and pray inside the Kabah and let us know how you did it" lol. A number of ppl got it right mashaAllah. We should get that game going again it was alot of fun.

There's also a hadith that the prophet saw wanted two doors on the Kabah so people could pass inside through it. That would have been interesting!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: