Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

All the world's a dars.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We need help with a seemingly impossible problem....  (Read 1261 times)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« on: Nov 17, 2010 10:35 PM »

Assalaamu Alaykum, everyone.  And Eid Mubarak!

Here's the problem.  My husband is working over in Saudi Arabia.  My son, age 22 and in college, wants to go visit him over winter break.  We've been studying/analyzing the Saudi Embassy website for over a month, and this seems an impossible task.

Does anybody know how to do this?

We went to this website (for visiting a family member) and we were totally baffled.
http://www.saudiembassy.net/services/family_visit_visa.aspx
Look at number 4.  They want "the number and the date of the visa issued".   Huh?  We are in the process of applying for a visa.  How would we have that? 
And then look at number 8.  It says to go to this website and fill out the form. https://enjazit.com.sa/.  This form asks for all sorts of weird stuff like "sponsor ID number".  Does my husband's sponsor have to sponsor our son just for a visit?  He just wants to go for a couple of weeks to visit his dad.  Is that sooooo impossible? 
Someone suggested just to go for umra, but umra is closed until January 13th, or something like that.
Does anyone have any suggestions, or know anything about this process?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2010 11:01 PM »

salam

If it's anything like Dubai, then anyone from a non western country will need a sponsor  to obtain a visa. It safeguards against people entering the country & then disappearing to stay illegally I guess.

I haven't looked at the application as its late here but I'll look at it tomorrow inshallah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2010 01:41 AM »

wsalam,

Try calling them... you might have to go through a few people and be very assertive but you might get some answers!! Also, ask your husband to go to the embassy there or ask people around him how they go about it. He might be the one who has to do the whole visa application for the son first, as Fozia mentioned. Good luck!!

akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2010 01:48 AM »

Assalam Alaikum
Ask your husband to get your kid's visa done in Saudi itself.Then he can mail you a copy and you can get it endorsed at your local Saudi embassy/consulate.
That's how my dad does it.It's much easier that way.
http://www.mofa.gov.sa
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2010 01:51 AM »

Oh..your husband will be your son's sponsor,not the kafeel.
And the sponsor ID number will be your husband's Iqama(residence/work permit) number.
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2010 03:14 PM »

Hey, guys!

Thanks for your help.
I'm going to see what hubbie can do at his end.
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2010 03:58 PM »

salam

OK so here is the deal, if you don't work in Saudi Arabia, the only visa you can get outside of hajj season is an Umrah visa. 
Apply for an Umrah visa. 

If your husband's work has not sponsored you and your son as dependents of your husband, then you can't apply to go on your husbands working visa.  They don't usually issue tourist visas. 

take care
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: