// Latest updates...
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: I believe in the religion of Islam. I believe in Allah and peace. --Muhammad Ali
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest updates...  (Read 6328 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #25 on: Sep 28, 2010 08:01 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Nice to have a brKhalid sighting! U were missing all ramadan and we didn't even get a diary  sad sad

I know, I know, I can’t even begin to describe how insanely preoccupied I was during the month such that even the beloved Madina and the Diaries had to take a back seat this year 

If I had one word to describe Ramadhan this year I would use the word ‘unreal’ which is why I’m probably struggling in coming back to reality Wink

Rest assured, though, you guys were all in my dua’s, especially during the last ten nights.

Out of sight but not out of mind as they say bro

As for the diary I’m slowly working my way through it and am actually enjoying the process of reflecting back on the month.

InshaAllah, if I get the time to finish it, I will post it up.

In the meantime, here’s a small snippet:

Now that the month has sadly passed us by, I can’t help but feel its loss.

Life just isn’t the same; praying and reading the Qur’an just isn’t the same and unfortunately those avowed enemies come back to haunt us and the life of this world slowly starts to impinge on our concerns.

There is no doubt a reason why it is recommended to fast more in the month of Shaban preceding Ramadhan and to follow it up with the six fasts of Shawwal post the holy month.

As with all strenuous physical exercise, one needs to warm up carefully before undertaking such activity and there is also a requisite warm down needed. The same can be said no doubt for matters of a spiritual ilk.

But yet, as Ramadhan leaves us, one realizes that the month is indeed only a means to an end; that end being Allah swt.

The month really does show us what we are capable of when our minds our focused on the real goal in life, but we love Ramadhan not in of itself but because it brings us closer to our Creator. Truly we should love what our beloved loves.

Alhamdulillah Ramadhan gives us the opportunity to fast more, pray more, recite more, sleep less and eat less but without the sincerity in doing these things to please our Lord all we get in return is hunger, thirst, sleeplessnees and fruitless works.

Tarawih and Qiyam ul Layl are not social functions whereby we can say that ‘we were there’ but opportunities to draw closer and be thankful for the blessings we have been given.

Hence we love hearing the Qur’an being recited and willingly stand in the middle of the night pondering over its verses because we know Allah sees us and inshaAllah appreciates the efforts we make. In turn, striving in His cause becomes even more beloved to us.

On occasion, however, our sometimes incessant infatuation with the means leads us to loss of sight of the ultimate goal and indeed it is said the ability to see the goal through the means is a reward for the people of insight.

I have always thought the word ‘insight’ was interesting. There is a sense that insight is different from external sight and indeed it is often said that the eyes are to the external sight in much the same vein that heart is to inward sight (or ‘insight’)

Imam Ghazali in his Ihya mentions the benefit of reducing the different avenues entering the heart such that our inward sight becomes more focused as our heart becomes less polluted. It reminds me of the saying that our eyes are actually the veils covering us from seeing reality as it truly is. Indeed when we really want to concentrate on something and reflect carefully we all have a tendency to close our eyes in order to ‘see’ better.

Ramadhan, therefore, always gives us an opportunity to withdraw from all such superfluous avenues affecting our heart, increasing our taqwa and drawing us nearer to our ultimate Goal.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #26 on: Oct 02, 2010 07:20 PM »

Salams ppls,

I believe the attachment issue has been fixed. Hopefully they all work now. If you find one or two that don't, like a msg comes up that says "attachment not found 404" click on "report post" or let me know iA and I can fix those manually.

Alhamdulllah! Ok next weekend onto fixing the chat inshaAllah Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: