// As predicted; Airport scan pictures published on the net....
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The essence of knowledge is to know what obedience and worship are - abu Hamid al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: As predicted; Airport scan pictures published on the net....  (Read 1508 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« on: Nov 22, 2010 04:43 PM »

salam

So you know how the airport security people were saying the scans would be immediately deleted....guess what.

They were stored, and retrieved under the freedom of information act (or whatevah), aaaaaand published on the net!

The pictures published in this newslink aren't clear (alhumdulillah), the ones I saw this morning in the paper, made me turnover quick!!! Shocked

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1330327/Airport-security-breach-naked-body-scanner-images-leaked-online.html

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2010 06:24 PM »

Walaikum Asalam,

Thank you Fowzia sis for sharing and like you stated this isn't exactly a surprise. The quality of the pictures in the article shown are very bad but I have seen sharper images by newer models that you can make out pretty much everything, astaghfirullah.

I truly hope this starts a reaction to where people decide to stand up for their rights and privacy. One of my classmates told me the government is talking about passing a law to where they can keep track of any social networking sites and use that information to prosecute people...I guess the patriot act wasn't enough. May Allah keep us all safe inshAllah.

Assalamu Alaikum
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2010 10:01 AM »

Salams,

On my last trip to Saudi around 10 years back, my sex organs very thoroughly 'hand-scanned' by the security officer there. I would leave the other details aside !!

These images making it to internet and print media is a huge security breach in and of itself though. But when it comes to x-ray body scanners (and IMO there is no real nudity in the original scan unless you process it further with a software), I think they are a better choice than having someone press your private parts...

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2010 02:57 PM »

salam

The pictures which were published in the papers were actually very clear.

You can clearly see what the person looks like naked.

I've been physically searched before at airports. These pictures are way more invasive.

I'd not go thro these scanners.

I hope the people who's pictures have been published sue for invasion of privacy & personal distress and whatever else they can think of, I hope they get billions out of this.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
sofia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
sofia has no influence :(

Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob thabbit quloobana ala deenik

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2010 05:55 PM »

As-salaamu alaykum,

This is a note especially for those sisters who are nervous about traveling through airports with the new scanners.
I had to travel from JFK to Zurich to Qatar this November, and the minute the security saw me (hijaabed), the female ones took me aside to a private room, where they did a regular scan/manual check. Relatively quick, professional and respectful. It was no worse than before the scanners, which I'm glad I didn't have to go through it at all. It was almost like they *knew* I would refuse it.
 purplehijabisis
That may just be my experience, but it was at more than one airport.
-sofia

"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Qur'aan 20.114)
"Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!" (23:109)
"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves..."(3:10)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: