// Is WikiLeaks for real?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Calmness: The Prophet said: 'Calmness and determination is from Allah and haste is from Satan.' (Sunan At-TirmidhĂ®)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is WikiLeaks for real?  (Read 909 times)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« on: Dec 01, 2010 09:56 AM »

My friend put this up as his status on Facebook..it struck me that this can be a a possibility  Huh?

"WikiLeaks is scaring the hell out of the US..or is this is one of the many games played by the CIA,where the rest of the world is a mere actor?" - Veerraju Chitturi http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000574737452
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2010 10:52 PM »

Because of wikileaks the US government lost support from the little support they had left. The documents revealed, although is of no use now except to reveal the secrets of the past did just do that. It revealed the US kept secrets and many if not all Americans would have strongly opposed and asked for some type of action. Also from what I've read, the recent leaks on the site targeted states other than the US as well so not exactly sure how fake it can be if everyone's secrets are being revealed.

Another thing to ponder, what would the CIA gain from releasing such documents to the public? Definitely not trust or support from other government officials since their own documents which are meant to be a secret are now in someone else's hands. Nor do they gain support form the public since they realize how much of the crimes and mistakes were hidden from them.

Assalamu Alaikum
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2010 01:10 AM »

What you're saying is true but still,there could be a possibility because there was no major damage,most of the docs contained candid conversations between diplomats.Intelligence agencies are not always what they appear like on the outside.

Nonetheless,we'll never know even if there is a hidden angle to this story.
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2010 03:49 AM »

You're right, we may never know the whole story behind any of this. However I don't like the "what if" arguments because there are infinite possible ways you can finish that statement. What if the CIA is trying to take over the government? What if wikileaks is only showing us a fraction of the documents it has in order to blackmail the government? What if wikileaks wants to take over the world and create a new world order? What if there really aliens in costumes?

See what I mean? We have to take things as they come, can't really think too much about them in the "what if" manner otherwise tomorrow we'll be thinking about what happened today.

Assalamu Alaikum
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2010 03:56 AM »

From what I read so far there hasn't been anything too incriminating against the US gov't except that it has his hands in basically every country, manipulating everything that's going on. I think we all knew that? Other than that middle east countries are out to stab everyone in the back, especially Iran, to protect their own interests...again to most of us nothing new. There might be some diplomatic gaffes like king abdullah's statement about zardari but will that change anything?

These were diplomatic cables, not pentagon internal memos or cia stuff, so nothing too secret about what really goes on. I doubt very much these were leaks on purpose because it is embarrassing to the US government. Having to explain their leaks and all. And they are certainly hunting for Julian Assange (the website founder) ready to destroy him to the ends of the earth. So again, doubt it was a purposeful leak and a shame it didn't give us anything REALLY interesting like 9/11 stuff, or the truth about certain terrorists/fake plots etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: