Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: If a gem falls into mud it is still valuable. If dust ascends to heaven, it remains valueless. - Saadi al-Shiraz
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gingerbreadmen  (Read 919 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« on: Dec 13, 2010 10:09 PM »

salam

These were fantastic, and very easy to make.

Ingredients
    * 75g softened butter
    * 50g caster sugar
    * ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
    * 50g golden syrup
    * 2 egg yolks
    * 250g plain flour
    * ½ tsp ground cinnamon (I used 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon as I'd run out of ground cinnamon and couldnt be bothered to grind anymore, and 1/4 tsp allspice)
    * ½ tsp ground ginger

1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
Beat together the softened butter with the caster sugar until creamy.
Stir in bicarbonate of soda, golden syrup and the egg yolks.
Sift in the plain flour and ground cinnamon and ground ginger then bring together with a wooden spoon.
Shape into two balls, knead until the dough comes together, then chill for 30 mins. Roll out one ball at a time, to about 2 x £1 coin thickness.
Stamp out gingerbreadmen with a 7cm cutter, then re-roll the trimmings. Lift dough onto greased baking sheets and bake for 10-12 mins until slightly risen and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Will keep in an airtight container up to a week.

I also then decorated with plain icing, my icing was too runny tho.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Nafs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2010 02:20 AM »

Those look yummy!

Thanks for sharing =) Did the girls help you make them?

Did you make the icing by yourself? and could you use frosting instead :| lol
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2010 03:33 PM »

salam

Girls did indeed help.

I made the icing myself, icing is english for frosting I believe!!!! Cheesy

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: