// [FAQ] How do I attach a picture or file to my post?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.  - Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAQ] How do I attach a picture or file to my post?  (Read 3269 times)
Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« on: Mar 05, 2010 08:21 PM »

Q. How do I attach a picture or file to my post?

A.   Click on "Additional Options..." link when you are posting something. The attachments feature allows you to attach files to your posts in much the same way as most email clients, so you simply have to browse to the relevant file(s) on your computer before clicking Post. You can delete your attachment(s) or add more by modifying your post, but please note that:

* The permitted file types and sizes are set by the forum administrator(s).
    * Although most forums are likely be configured to display attached images as part of the post, it's not possible to preview attachments so you should always browse to and attach your files just before you finally post your message.
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2010 05:58 PM »

Ok...

This frustrates me to tears... :'(

I attached the picture, but it doesn't end up in the post.  I just ends up an attachment at the bottom of the post.  I want it to be IN the post. (It's a jpeg, 33 kb)

What am I doing wrong?

I've posted pictures before.  Why's it not working now?  I don't get it...

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2010 03:56 AM »

wsalam,

the only way to attach a picture IN a post is to upload it to a different site so you have the url of it. so something like imageshack.us is a free way to upload images:

Directions:

1. Go to  http://www.imageshack.us In the middle you will see a box to upload your images.

2. Browse through your files to find the image that you want.

3. Continue by clicking on the "Host It" link and upload to the site.

6. Record the URL given.. This URL can be used to put the image onto websites, emails, forums or other locations on the web.
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2010 02:35 PM »

Not to be dense...
but,
I posted a picture before (the picture of the Baklava) and I didn't have to go thru all that..... Huh?
My son suggested using the public file in our dropbox.  We tried that, and the url just showed up.
I'll try imageshack. 
But I was just wondering if you've changed things since last I posted a picture...?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2010 01:35 AM »

What's the url I'll try to post it?

We never had the ability to position pictures IN the posts, but you can attach pictures and they show up at the end.

ws
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2010 02:10 PM »

Okay, so here is a cheat that you can use.

1. Attach a pic to your post, and submit it.
2. Then copy the link of the recently upload image by right clicking it.
3. Now paste that link in these tags by editing your post [ img ] [ /img ] (remove extra spaces from tags)

And voila... you wouldn't have to upload pic to another server.

Here is an example:

Trying to post pic in message body

Done

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: