// DOABM videos and discussion..
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: One of the signs of relying on deeds is loss of hope when a misstep occurs. - Ibn Ata'illah Iskandari
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DOABM videos and discussion..  (Read 8187 times)
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« on: Jan 08, 2011 12:47 AM »

Diary of a bad man

waa gwan bruv?  

This guy is a bit of a youtube sensation.  Very funny desi humour and a nice moral to each story. Gotta watch it till the end.  

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2011 07:50 PM »

orangetree that is the funniest thing i've ever seen in a long time!!! so wroong on so many levels but many i had tears crying... hysterical...
orangetree
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2011 03:04 PM »

orangetree that is the funniest thing i've ever seen in a long time!!! so wroong on so many levels but many i had tears crying... hysterical...

Tee hee!  I know right?  I knew it tickle your funny bones! 

He's done four episodes so far and the fifth one is eagerly awaited.  I'm now subscribed to his youtube channel.

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2011 08:34 PM »

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!! I have to agree, that was some hilariously funny stuff!!!!

Have to admit, makes me feel guilty though! Yup, every time I hear that hadith - BABA feels bad.

Yeh mera plumber!

hahahhahahha, love it!

SHUT UP!! JUST SHUT UP!

That had some Bollywood vibe to it.

Dhaaaaaal?Dhaaaaal?  . . . . .Dhaal is ok, dhaal is ok!!!

hahahha!

Loved the handshake he had with his mum during the "ups" times.

OK, hope that doesn't ruin it for people! hehe, I loved making comments on different parts! Tongue

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2011 01:31 AM »

I watched all of them including the bloopers!! The best one is the Eid one... when he started dancing I was gonna cry... so hysterical... the guy is a comedic genius and he's roped in some good characters. I'm glad he has a little "moral" in the videos but I think it should just be taken as what it is desi (muslim) comedy gold  Grin
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2011 11:10 AM »

as salaamu alaykum,

omg.... those are hysterical, I have to go watch the rest now Smiley

I'm glad he has a little "moral" in the videos but I think it should just be taken as what it is desi (muslim) comedy gold  Grin

dude he has more than A MILLION hits per video, I think it's great he tries to put a positive message in there.  very smart of him to take advantage of the popularity to do something good!

rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2011 03:12 PM »

Wow...

Ah...

Sorry, folks....

I really didn't find this funny at all.  In fact it was incredibly irritating...

Guess I'm just turning into an old fogey.... oldshaykh
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2011 04:33 PM »

rahmaa haha i think ppl will either find them hysterically funny or not at all.  it's really over the top desi comedy.

also have to know a lot of british slang and in-jokes... ie "blud" "bledrens" =dudes  "safe"=cool "boom"=awesome "wahgwan/wag1"= wassup  "buff"= good looking "butters" = ugly "079 me"= call me and a little urdu/hindi/punjabi.

eid one is close to 2 million views!!

se7en the thing with putting some type of "islamic message" is that ppl will object to every single thing in the video (ie why is there music, why are there girls, why is the mum beating the kid, why iphones/blackberries/gangster culture and expensive cars etc etc) and most muslims don't have a sense of humor (u know it's true).  and they'll ask why there wasn't quran verses and shaikhs and etc etc and declare it haram and what not.  so i think it's really good he stuck to desi comedy and general good messages to the kids and didn't make it "overly islamic". stuff like this IS dawah but ppl won't see it as such because of all those other things. also it helps create a shared 'british muslim desi culture', even living in amreeka there was so much we could relate to.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2011 03:13 AM »

I think this discussion deserves a thread of it's own... and here's an interview with the bad man himself:

WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2011 07:31 PM »

Thanks for the interview Sis J. I don't know if anyone else thought about this, but after seeing the interview, it did remind of me of Baba Ali's story and how he started out simple, started getting views and then built of up his popularity and of course, as we knew, moved into other areas of media. I think there comedy is different and of course, delivered in a different medium, style, but I think they each have their own unique style.

YES, the E'id one was definitely the best. I am all caught with the episodes now! Good lessons though for sure!

Pretty intense stuff at times, but of course, very hilarious! I actually didn't know a lot of that Brit slang that you listed Sis J, but some in general familiar environment and what not, given I've spent time in England over the years with family, etc.

Should be interesting to see what Ep. 5 holds for us!

BABA
 desibro

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2011 08:03 AM »

NEW EPISODE!!!!!

Diary of a bad man 5.mov

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2011 09:11 PM »

Salams,

Watched it!!! Thought it was good, but didn't have that quite biting sharp humor the others did. I think it's perhaps the editing/sound wasn't quite as good, voice seemed really low and editing seemed jerky and a little off. And he didn't use as much crazy british slang that was fun. But still silly and very enjoyable Smiley I think they should avoid being overly Islamic, I know crazy right...but having an Islamic message in one place at like the right time makes more of a difference!

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #12 on: Mar 19, 2011 10:52 PM »

Hey, came across this recently - some Brit Desi's that went to the Bride Show at Wembley, along with Bad Man, the Dentist from the videos and others. So kinda get to see what he's like - as you can imagine, the ladies are crazy about him.

Here's the channel of the guy who does the videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/terrymardi
Just click on the videos entitled: Wideo Diary of A Bad Man.

BABA
 desibro

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2011 07:29 AM »

New Episode!

Diary of a Bad man 6

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011 08:36 AM »

Bloopers! THe second installment - some really sweet pictures with fans at the end and some funny moments when he appeared at an event.

Diary of a bad man bloopers 2

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011 07:52 PM »

That was really cute. I love those guys!! They should really try to make a movement out of this. Like anti-gang message/posiitve-life message and go around to schools in the UK and things. Adorable kids in the end! But do parents really let their 6 year olds watch this!!  Shocked
orangetree
Sis

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011 08:50 PM »

... But do parents really let their 6 year olds watch this!!  Shocked

well, the kid that introduced me to the DOABM videos was 10 yrs old so I'm thinking, yeah, a 6 yr old would probably have seen it! 

Seriously, the videos have tapped into a very young demographic.  It's got a kind of 'talk of the playground' buzz to it. 

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #17 on: Jul 04, 2011 06:56 PM »

Diary of a bad man special message

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Jul 04, 2011 07:35 PM »

^ that is so adorable. yet so wrong lol lol

ws
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #19 on: Jul 04, 2011 08:15 PM »

Salaams - haha, did u give me a rep?! (silly Sis J)

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #20 on: Jul 04, 2011 09:10 PM »

wsalam,

yup i did! hey a funny video definitely deserves a rep! and u could return the favor I'm still trying to get over how brkhalid ended up beating me in reps? time for a duel??  duel i may have to set mine at a 1000 or something accidentally!! Wink
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #21 on: Jul 05, 2011 12:40 AM »

omA - He has 107!!! I think the last time I saw, he was at 93 or so. You so deserve to be the rep queen!

yes, this is where I'd be on on the ladies side - take that bruv down, yeah boiiiii!  Grin Just be like Bad Man's mom and kick him really good, lol.

BABA
 desibro

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #22 on: Jul 05, 2011 04:31 AM »

ws,

kicking someone would be very unladylike!!  Shocked

i wonder what they'll be doing for this show? just standup? i think they would be awesome at skits and things like that.
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #23 on: Jul 05, 2011 04:53 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Hang on, I thought the Arab Spring was meant to have taught us that oppression was wrong and that the simple man in the street was entitled to his hard earned rep$ Wink

But seriously, Badman on tour and unplugged could be kind of crazy!! bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #24 on: Oct 24, 2011 07:32 PM »

The newest episode was just released, but seems like we are not interested in them anymore - as I seem to recall people not approving/he wasn't going in the right direction, which I can understand . . anyways, Ep. 9 is now out.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: