// Does anybody know how to recover lost files from a USB drive?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" - Juliet in Shakespeare's 'Romeo and Juliet', Act 2 Scene 2
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anybody know how to recover lost files from a USB drive?  (Read 1510 times)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« on: Jan 14, 2011 06:40 PM »

Assalamualaikum

I accidentally deleted a few files from my USB drive..can anybody help me to recover them?
There were pictures and videos of my trip to Saudi that I shot specifically for the board among those files,I guess that should be an added incentive for you guys to help me out Wink
skhansj
Bro

Reputation Power: 1
skhansj has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2011 07:50 PM »

Try photorec, I've heard good things about it.

http://lifehacker.com/software/data-recovery/download-of-the-day-photorec-161318.php
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2011 02:52 AM »

Check the computer's recycle drive. It might have moved it to your C: one? You can also try those programs that help recover deleted files. The one br sk recommended looks good... good luck iA we want to see them!!! :'(
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2011 05:04 AM »

JazakAllah bro,that program really is great Smiley

Sis Jannah,will put 'em up ASAP..Jzk
skhansj
Bro

Reputation Power: 1
skhansj has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2011 10:32 PM »

No worries. Glad to have been of help.

First instance of technical support is always free <wink>

- skhansj
akhan
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2011 04:59 AM »

btw,the recovery also opened up a pandora's box of viruses that used to be there on that drive..lol..now I have to deal with that..grr
BobMaria
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2011 09:38 AM »

You can retrieve all your data and files from the usb drive with the help of Kernel for restore data software which efficiently and instantly recover all type of data from usb drives as well as from the partitions of hard drive. If you wanna try then check the demo version of the software from http://www.restoredata.org and in such demo you can preview the files like pics, music files etc and then recover all of them by selecting.

Assalamualaikum

I accidentally deleted a few files from my USB drive..can anybody help me to recover them?
There were pictures and videos of my trip to Saudi that I shot specifically for the board among those files,I guess that should be an added incentive for you guys to help me out Wink

akhan
Bro

« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2011 04:25 PM »

You can retrieve all your data and files from the usb drive with the help of Kernel for restore data software which efficiently and instantly recover all type of data from usb drives as well as from the partitions of hard drive. If you wanna try then check the demo version of the software from http://www.restoredata.org and in such demo you can preview the files like pics, music files etc and then recover all of them by selecting.

Assalamualaikum

Thanks a lot bro but Br.skhansj's advice did the trick for me Smiley
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2011 10:45 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Welcome to the board BobMaria, please post an introduction.

Always good to have a few techhies on board bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: