// Revert Br. Umartrying to make a movie on American Reverts
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" - Juliet in Shakespeare's 'Romeo and Juliet', Act 2 Scene 2
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Revert Br. Umartrying to make a movie on American Reverts  (Read 963 times)
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« on: Mar 22, 2011 10:07 PM »

Peace and blessings of Allah swt be upon all of you.

I begin in the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful:

As I hope all of you know by now, I am collecting funds to make a small-budget film about Muslim Converts [or Reverts, if you prefer].  As of today, I have raised a grand total of 3,805 US$.  That puts us only about 1200 $ away from our goal of 5,000 $.

We have come so far in such a short amount of time, and every day brings a new set of challenges, blessings, and surprises.  Just when I reach the point where I think, "Ok, people probably won't donate too much more" -suddenly someone comes along and donates 25 $, or 40 $, or even 2 or 3 hundred dollars.  I am truly amazed by the youth of this ummah, who have been the main contributors [many of whom were Muslim converts themselves].  One brother even donated a portion of the inheritance he received from his father.

I must have -by the grace and will of Allah swt alone- struck a chord, and embarked upon a project that people believe in.  And for that, all I can say is alhamdulilah.

But it would be a shame to be so close to this goal, and not meet [or surpass] it.  Think about it.  I started this project with nothing.  Not a dollar to my name, and set a goal of 5,000 $.  To think that I am only 1200 $ away from the goal is, masha Allah, so amazing.  -And we can't reach the mountain top without your help!

So please, please, PLEASE forward this email to every single Muslim in your email contacts.  Spread this by word of mouth.  And, if you haven't donated yet, please do so [links below].  We are so close, but not there yet.  Even just 5 $ -if that is what you can spare- would be something.

The link to donate immediately:  http://www.indiegogo.com/A-Light-Whereby-You-Walk

Also, for those of you who are on Facebook, I have created an April 4th Charity Moneybomb... a day designated for all of us to collectively donate together!  Here is the link to join the event [note:  you must be signed in to Facebook for this link to work]:  http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=208010445881620

I would like to close this email by mentioning some of the benefits of donating:

1)  Reward from Allah swt in the Akhira.

2)  Blessings on your wealth from Allah swt

3)  Du'as for you from me!  Smiley

4)  You will be able to see the result of your donation upon completion of the film

5)  Anyone who becomes Muslim by seeing this work, you will get a reward for it, even after your death

6)  Your name will be mentioned in the film credits, if you don't donate anonymously.

I don't think any of us have hasanat to spare.  We are all in need of such an immense reward.  You don't even have to leave your house to participate.  All you have to do is click a few buttons [to spread the word], or type a few things [to donate].

Thank you for reading this, and, at least, make du'a for the success of this project!

Salaam/Peace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~'Umar/J.P.

"Allah [God] laughs at the despair of His servants, because of the good that is about to follow it." ~Hadith

Youtube Page:  http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLetteredWayfarer

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: