Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Self-critical: The Prophet said: 'Blessed is he who preoccupies himself with his own defects, rather than those of others.' (Musnad Al-Bazzâr)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Egypt braced for 'day of revolution' protests  (Read 9481 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #25 on: Feb 02, 2011 10:38 AM »

wsalam,

Yeah that's not good if the military takes sides. And now these so called "supporters" are being sent out to disrupt everything. This will make Obama say 'oh we can't interfere with internal politics of a country' and then Mubarak will say 'look at all this unrest i'll have to continue my emergency law and keep my position and choose a successor of my choice to keep "stability" in this country that i have given my life to'. It's all just so disgusting.

I'm SO disappointed he did not step down. What arrogance. What a different Middle East and World it would have been today. Instead, it's just more of the same Sad

Ok so here are some amazing images from the NYT. At least these Egyptians courageousness has been captured on film:

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/world/middleeast/201101-egypt-protest-gallery/

hide index and make sure it's on full screen
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #26 on: Feb 02, 2011 09:08 PM »

WOW . . .

1. That interview with the young woman - she rocked! Ma'sha'allah, so strong in her words, and spoke with conviction.

2. Yes, I'm disappointed too, that he didn't quit, but when I saw that he was going to give a "solution" I only thought for about 1 second at most that he may be quitting, but then I started seeing on CNN and of course, being reported on Al Jazeera that the US was saying that he should not run in the next elections, so the the speech was just a foregone conclusion. I have to admit, he has good delivery - or maybe it's just the Arabic.  Though I haven't followed Egypt's news in such detail, I of course keep track of it through the Palestinian conflict's context, so I've never liked Mubarak, that's for sure.

3. This is just so sad and almost unbelievable that these thugs/pro-govt. supporters have just ruined the positive aura that surrounded the protesters for the past week. From the pictures (amazing, btw) the ones where we see people doing salah/namaz are so moving . . .to things have turned so sour yesterday and today, it is just a shame, but at the same time, when the protesters were unprovoked, with horses and camels (!!!!) charging at them with men on them with sticks and the like - what are they supposed to do, they have to defend themselves, though they have been doing their thing peacefully and only defending themselves vs. the police (as we saw in that epic battle on the bridge). I hope the Army stays neutral - though it is obvious which side the police are on. I have heard that police ID"s were found on some of the plain clothes pro-govt supporters (there is video evidence that you can see on Al Jazeera). While there will always be supporters on both sides, the fact that those supporting the govt. took such measures is disgusting, heartbreaking and just plain horrible. Disagree, but do you really have to attack others? Stay in your area - but then again, Mubarak is clearly an arrogant man - anyone who has to put up huge portraits of themselves (see Saddam Hussein, among others) is obviously arrogant and of course a dictator.

4. On that note, as you said Sis J - why doesn't he just step down?!?!?! You know better than me, it is just the same old song/tune - as you know guys like him don't go down like that - their ego doesn't allow them to, though it is in the interest of the nation he claims to love.  Again, I wasn't following the news before Jan 25 so much, but with those token moves of dismissing the govt - if that or even this "promise" to not run again were really honest, he should have done it at least, what, 5 years ago, whenever the last general or parliamentary elections were, but with the whole 30-yr state of emergency - kinda hard to do that, right? Typical.

Anyways, those are my feelings at the moment.

BABA
 desibro

PS I mentioned in the chat that my two closest friends were heading to Cairo for medical internship-type thing, but of course, they've canceled it.

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #27 on: Feb 02, 2011 10:50 PM »

ws,

wcoastbaba totally agree with your thoughts. it's very sad. ppl on horses and camels brandishing knives and throwing bricks!! so horrible. the protesters wanted to have a peaceful uprising and they emphasized that. they could have stormed the palace but they wanted to protect their people and keep things peaceful.

and as usual the world stands by and does nothing. its amazing how much hypocrisy is out there in the world. obama wanted change yet he won't let anyone else have it. western countries say THEY are the ones that are free and democratic yet they won't let anyone else have it. just ugly.

God protect the ppl of Egypt (who I definitely do not believe are the "pro-Mubarak supporters")

P.S. If anyone sees some good pics pls post them here

Here's another great album from the Big Picture, but they make it out like it's just two groups fighting each other: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/02/a_harrowing_historic_week_in_e.html
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #28 on: Feb 02, 2011 10:58 PM »

Thanks for the feedback and additional thoughts Sis J. BABA  desibro

Just came across this on CNN, but here is the original YouTube video - pretty cute - it's an 8-year old Saudi girl telling Mubarak off!

Juju's message to Mubarak

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #29 on: Feb 03, 2011 12:33 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

There are claims that the current Egyptian government want an orderly transition of power but fail to recognise that this is unlikely to happen if Mubarak stays.

Surely Mubarak must realise that his continued presence could lead to more violence, not less.

Would he be acting responsibly in the interests of the Egyptian people by staying or does he have more self interest at heart?

Perhaps a discussion for another time, but it is amazing what power and arrogance can do to a person together with this growing need to be able to shape one's 'legacy' after leaving office.

One could draw parallels to old guard masjid committee members who fail to pass on the baton when they should but continue in their roles beyond their actual usefulness.

Actions are judged by intentions and the place of intentions emanate from the heart. If our hearts are sick, what chance do we have in making the correct decisions for both ourselves and those whom we lead?

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #30 on: Feb 03, 2011 01:49 AM »

Thanks for the feedback and additional thoughts Sis J. BABA  desibro

Just came across this on CNN, but here is the original YouTube video - pretty cute - it's an 8-year old Saudi girl telling Mubarak off!

Hahaha...that was great! Especially the last part.Thanks for sharing Baba bhai
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #31 on: Feb 03, 2011 06:14 AM »

ws,

You know Mubarak totally reminds me of a mafia don. Like a real evil one. He has this smooth face projecting like he's Egypt's benevolent godfather and then at night he sends his thugs with knives, whips, sticks and bricks to attack his opposition. Where is he BTW? He comes on TV to read a statement every few days? And where is his concern for his people who he claims to have "exhausted his life serving". I hope he gets what he deserves.

Anderson Cooper attacked by pro-mubarak supporters:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/02/anderson-cooper-attacked-punched-egypt_n_817352.html

Police disguise as pro-Mubarak protesters

Witnesses described the attackers as plainclothes police or possibly henchmen on the payroll of the Interior Ministry.“We caught one of them, and checked his ID, and saw that he was police,” said Ahmed Zaghloul, who displayed a head wound from the rocks. “The government is trying to start a civil war. This is chaos.”
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2011/0202/Egypt-s-Mubarak-protesters-dig-in-heels?cmpid=addthis_facebook&sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4d4a3b33c8165806%2C0

View from Tahrir
http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/02/the-view-from-tahrir/?hp
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #32 on: Feb 03, 2011 09:01 AM »

Message from Imam Suhaib Webb from Egypt:

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/miscellaneous/announcements/message-from-cairo-imam-suhaib-webb/

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #33 on: Feb 03, 2011 09:45 PM »

Interview with ppl on Tuesday: http://www.democracynow.org/2011/2/2/voices_of_the_egyptian_revolution_democracy

Latest news they are attacking all journalists and foreigners preparing for what? God help them...
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #34 on: Feb 03, 2011 10:19 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I was reading the Qur'an today and came across these verses which I thought was apt given recent events:

When it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say:

"Why, we only want to make peace!"

Of a surety, they are the ones who make mischief, but they realise (it) not

When will people realise that we are all given a certain term by Allah and once that time has expired, there is no going back.

Our opportunity for action is now; if we waste it, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #35 on: Feb 03, 2011 10:23 PM »

So true bro...

Why the protesters can't leave...

Mona Seif, Egyptian Activist from inside Tahrir Square
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #36 on: Feb 03, 2011 10:46 PM »

Sooo chilling, to see a seige unfold live on TV. Check out this account from yahoo. I will be amazed if journalists will still be able to effectively capture the story if they are being systematically targeted...

Crowd becomes an army in Egypt's street protests

CAIRO – It was a makeshift army, civilian protesters thrust into combat against backers of President Hosni Mubarak in the fight for Tahrir Square. Some were rooftop sentries. Others were runners who ferried rubble to front-line stone-throwers, or cheerleaders who banged on metal to harden their comrades' nerve.

And they held their ground.

Some of the scenes seemed almost medieval: mass charges by men on horses and camels, brandishing swords and whips, as a peaceful protest encampment on the central Cairo Square was transformed into a bloody battleground.

Clerks, lawyers and students fashioned makeshift helmets from cardboard or ringed their heads with plastic soda bottles to deflect the stones. As firebombs rained down, they held aloft traffic signs as shields.

The fight was modern, too. Anti-government protesters said three in their ranks were fatally shot by pro-Mubarak gunmen, while the military, parked in tanks nearby, did little to stop the combat.

At least eight people have been killed and hundreds injured since the clashes erupted Wednesday; they continued into the night Thursday.

The pro-Mubarak group was a mix of ruling party loyalists, private-sector employees and Egypt's poorest. Some Egyptians believe anti-government protesters are fomenting chaos and should give Mubarak time to prove he is serious about reform.

"We are Egyptians together, but those who are occupying Tahrir Square now are not," said Ali Kamal, a 30-year-old sales manager. He accused protesters of religious extremism.

The violence amounts to a battle for Egypt, and the outcome could resonate far beyond the borders of this regional heavyweight. It's a war between the old order and those who want a new one — right now.

For some, it is history in the making, with slogans to match. "Blood is the fuel of the revolution," declared Waheed Hamad, a 40-year-old teacher.

For those caught up in the smoke and screams, defending their camp in Tahrir Square, it felt like a battle for their lives, with all the attendant emotion: fear, rage and exhilaration.

The combat was an impromptu showcase for the fluid power of people to organize, many for the first time. While some anti-government protesters fought police during deadly clashes last week and knew the taste of tear gas and truncheons, a large number were novices and hardly militant. They were the anonymous faces of Egypt's vast, fraying middle class, the pillar of the campaign to oust Mubarak after nearly 30 years in power.

The protesters in Tahrir Square had no formal leadership, no lieutenants and no spokesmen, but they quickly set up a system for the skirmishes that unfolded.

There were six fronts, all on routes leading out of the vast plaza. On each, pro- and anti-government groups took cover behind sheets of corrugated iron or traffic barricades.

The most active front was at the northern entrance to the square, near the Egyptian Museum and under a flyover that gave Mubarak partisans the advantage of high ground even though they were outnumbered.

Anti-government protesters set up a kind of rock depot in their midst, and volunteers ferried rubble to forward positions where fighters used it as missiles.

Some fighters broke up the sidewalk, others divided the chunks by size and still others filled containers of all kinds, including a fast food delivery box, for relay to the front lines. Women brought water in plastic bags to the stone-throwers. Three or four women joined in lobbing stones.

"It was a whole industry in place, a production line," said 29-year-old Tarek Shalaby, who described himself as a "social media consultant."

Over 16 hours, he flitted between tasks, hurling stones and beating metal railings with sticks to rally the resolve of comrades. He suffered a burn on his hand from a firebomb.

Shalaby described the loose ranks of a civilian army, with four or five medics in a mid-range position to swiftly remove the injured. Further back, men gave orders to stone-throwers.

"They would be shouting to us from the back: 'Aim right!' 'Aim left, behind the museum!'" Shalaby said.

The organizing force behind the pro-Mubarak fighters remains a mystery, though the fact that they roamed at will around the square suggests at least the tacit approval of the government, or sections of it. They were dressed in civilian clothes, and spoiling for a showdown.

On Thursday, Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq apologized for the chaos, acknowledging it "seemed to have been organized" and promised an investigation. Mubarak, who has pledged not to run again for office, still has support within his government as well as among Egyptians who feel the anti-government protesters are causing too much disruption.

With two bandages on his head — one for a rubber bullet wound early in the week, the other for a rock injury on Wednesday — 26-year-old Ahmad Hassan described sentries posted on roofs and balconies to spot attackers.

During the fighting, one man waved his arms like a traffic controller on an airport runway, directing demonstrators to a road near the Egyptian Museum where pro-Mubarak forces were believed to be trying to infiltrate.

Hundreds of men grabbed chunks of paving stone and raced forward. But then another man waved his hands across his chest in a horizontal motion.

The crowd understood: false alarm. They melted back into the square.

Early Thursday, it was easier to identify the front-line combatants of the anti-government crowd. Many wore grubby bandages of cotton padding on their faces, arms and legs. They had clumps of debris in their hair.

A large number had the trimmed beards of Muslim conservatives, a sign of how the Muslim Brotherhood, an outlawed opposition group, played a major role in the fight. "This is a peaceful jihad," one protester said.

At sunset, calm settled in as groups of up to 100 stopped to pray. "God, please don't let us leave this location until we are victorious," they intoned. "God, take revenge on those who hurt us."

But for many, there was no religious dimension — just years of resentment toward the government for Egypt's ills: poverty, corruption and brutality. Fury fueled a kind of pride.

"Young people, head to the entrances," exhorted a young man with a microphone at the peak of the fighting. "You, youth of Egypt, be brave."

As the sun rose Thursday, fighters curled close to each other, asleep in the crowded square. One man slept in a doorway, a scruffy kitten nestled on his chest.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #37 on: Feb 05, 2011 12:20 PM »

Anderson Cooper Shares Reporters Notebook

on 05 February 2011.

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper.jpgCNN AC360 host, Anderson Cooper closed his coverage of the revolution in Egypt on Friday February 4, 2011 with a three minute commentary in which he described his observations and feelings regarding the historic events of the previous 11 days in Tahrir Square; Cairo, Egypt.

Reporters Notebook 
by Anderson Cooper

Eleven days and counting.
Hard to believe that so much has changed in so short a time.
In Tahrir Square, the liberated zone, the anti-Mubarak protesters will tell you,
"Fear has been defeated. There's no turning back."

When morning comes you see the make shift metal barricades.
The hand forged weapons, dug up rocks, bandaged bodies.
They are still standing their ground.

"Fear has been defeated," they'll tell you,” There’s no turning back."

They've bought this square with blood.
Paid for with pain.
Bruised, they're not broken.
Battered, they've not bowed.
"Fear has been defeated," they'll tell you,” There’s no turning back."

Raised to keep silent, not criticize the state.
Beaten by cops.
Gassed and abused.
Turned on.
Attacked by fire throwing thugs.
They've stayed in this square and today more kept on coming.
Peacefully protesting.
Their lives on the line.

Some are Islamist, there's no doubt about that,
But this goes beyond one religion or party.
That's not why they're here.
They speak about freedom and fairness and justice.
They speak of the things all of us say that we want.
You never really heard that in Egypt in the past.
At least not openly called for in the streets.

All the reporters and camera people and producers
Have been working around the clock.
Trying to cover these fast moving events.
On the ground, among the ant-Mubarak demonstrators,
It's easy to move around and talk to people.
There's another story in the pro-Mubarak crowds.
Many of us have been attacked.
It happens quickly.
Spirals out of control.
All you can do is stay calm and try to escape.
It's not a coincidence, I think; it's a plan, clear as day.

The people in power want to control what you see.

We try to position ourselves in different spots.
We find balconies to give a view of the battle.
But if we can see them, they can see us.
And sometimes you have stop, close the curtains, move somewhere else.

We've all heard the roar of the crowd.
The cries of the wounded.
For me the most haunting sound echoes in the night.
Sticks and stones banging on barricades.
As anti-Mubarak demonstrators wait for an attack that never quite comes.
It's a sound made by warriors all through the ages.
A warning to those who try to defeat them.

"We are here," they're saying, "We are strong. We are not giving up."

"Fear has been defeated. There's no turning back."­

Originally broadcast on 02/04/11 on CNN’s “AC360”
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #38 on: Feb 06, 2011 07:38 PM »

Wow, that was pretty deep . . thanks for sharing Sis Jannah.

One thing though concerning the American media, whcih I'm sure you are aware of more than myself, but the last few years, the news back home just doesn't do it for me anymore. Even when I'm at home, I watched Al Jazeera via their YouTube uploads if not the live stream. There was a recent report on Al Jazeera explaining how the media in the US looks at this event in the context of how it affects their interests and not about what the Egyptian people are asking for, and their fight, etc. I think this might have been mentioned this earlier in the thread, but just wanted to get that our there. I've been Skyping with my Amma lately and for a bit today, she was watching the news and she was saying the same thing (I could see and hear Hilary, lol).

OK, also, just wanted to share this video report that shows two incidents from last Wednesday - somewhat graphic - showing some people being shot, so just be prepared - I almost don't know what to say when I see things like this - just hurts deep down . . .

Wednesday night intense battle

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #39 on: Feb 06, 2011 09:33 PM »

More articles about Mubarak's wealth: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1351826/Egypt-protests-U-S-advises-Americans-leave-30-000-Brits-stranded.html#ixzz1CWGkkndx

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3380549/Mubarak-familys-dash-to-London-from-Egypt.html

Women of Egypt: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Women-Of-Egypt/188702194487956
Women of Egypt Photo album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=268523&id=586357675&fbid=493689677675

Waseem Wagdi, Egyptian protester. Egyptian Embassy, London. 29.1.11

The Best protest signs: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-best-egypt-protest-signs-from-around-the-world

2 Detained Reporters Saw Secret Police’s Methods Firsthand: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/06/weekinreview/06held.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #40 on: Feb 06, 2011 09:54 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Reading this thread over, it seems amazing that nearly two weeks have passed since the first protests.

We all wondered whether the people could keep coming back to demonstrate but it seems that is exactly what they have done.

No one should underestimate the bravery and courage it takes to confront an oppressor especially given the reprisals one may have to face in return.

The people of Egypt deserve better leaders, may Allah, inshaAllah, grant that to them.

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #41 on: Feb 07, 2011 07:11 PM »

Another uncovered video from last Wednesday night and confrontations between anti- and pro-Mubarak supports. Again, scary, sad stuff.

Violence in Egypt clashes

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #42 on: Feb 07, 2011 07:54 PM »

There are some really horrible, devastating videos going around on youtube. I saw one of a boy shot by police in cold-blood in an alleyway in Alexandria. His friend gets shot then he goes and shows the police he has no weapons and stands there in defiance and they just shoot him. SubhanAllah it's madness. It's only when you see something like that you realize one person killed in injustice is killing all of humanity.
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #43 on: Feb 07, 2011 08:03 PM »

Is that the boy being shot in the first video I posted a bit earlier? I believe that was in Alexandria and the story sounds similar. Anyways, we have seen both the beautiful and ugly sides of humanity in this uprising - I guess that is bound to happen when both sides are so passionate, but still, it is just a shame.

desibro
BABA

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #44 on: Feb 07, 2011 08:27 PM »

Yes! That's the one... they show it at the end of that aljazeera report, ugh hated to watch it again Sad The original video on youtube shows all the stuff that happened before it and the alleyway and neighborhood stuff... horrible subhanAllah.
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #45 on: Feb 08, 2011 06:29 AM »

Here's a link to an emotional interview on Dream TV by Wael Ghonim, who was missing (detained) for 12 days. This was the only link I could find that had an English translation. You might have to try different browsers.

http://egypt.alive.in/2011/02/08/dream-tv-interview-with-wael-ghonim-part-2-with-english-subtitles/

...I just found another one (probably easier to access) on youtube. Parts 1-3. Just click the "CC" button in the bottom right corner if the subtitles don't show up automatically.

t

Part 1
Wael Ghonim's Dream Interview - Part 1

Part 2
Wael Ghonim's Dream Interview - Part 2

Part 3
Wael Ghonim's Dream Interview - Part 3

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #46 on: Feb 08, 2011 06:56 PM »

Investigation of the Alexandria killing (warning shows the killing in the 1st minute and later on): http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2011/02/07/robertson.youtube.death.cnn.html
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #47 on: Feb 09, 2011 08:18 PM »

Another sad story, but at the same time, ma'sha'allah - I hope my own last words (corresponding action) will be the same as this brave soul (Just a small warning: close-up of deceased man shown)

Egyptians mourn protest dead

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #48 on: Feb 09, 2011 10:17 PM »

Even the undersea divers want him to leave!!

"Leave before we run out of Oxygen"
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #49 on: Feb 10, 2011 12:12 AM »

Finally finished watching the interview . . . . I'm speechless.

May Allah (swt) Give strength to the families of those young, brave souls and as for those souls themselves, may they have not died in vain; May Allah have Mercy on them, Forgive them, Grant them a beautiful abode in Jannah that He Deems worthy for them. Ameen!

They spent far too short a time on this Earth, and in that short term they were to be with us , they stood up for something worthwhile, so I pray that this will both give some strength to their families and raise their station in the Hereafter; I would imagine while their lives were short, that they did mostly good with the time they had up until their final days.

innalillah

BABA

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: