// Things to do when you're in Hyderabad
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things to do when you're in Hyderabad  (Read 11788 times)
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #25 on: Mar 08, 2012 07:23 AM »

Trotters-paaya!remember!!
Those little feet of sheep with the shoes on?? Cheesy Did u get it?  Wink

ruhee
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
ruhee has no influence :(

« Reply #26 on: Mar 09, 2012 07:49 AM »

Trotters-paaya!remember!!
Those little feet of sheep with the shoes on?? Cheesy Did u get it?  Wink

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  :'(
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #27 on: Mar 09, 2012 07:52 AM »

pls tell me that it doesn't go in marg too  dua
Mubaraka
Sis

Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #28 on: Mar 09, 2012 11:40 AM »

LOl. Cheesy
No it does not go in marg. Grin

But trotters are not so bad you know Roll Eyes
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #29 on: Mar 09, 2012 12:19 PM »

trotters are yummm!

dude, you are seriously missing out on a ton of lip smacking delights by living in new zealand  Grin
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #30 on: Mar 09, 2012 01:21 PM »

LOL.Haan haan akhan ke liye kuch bhi yummmich rehta!!

Yah let us swap our places Sis ruhee Wink
U can enjoy hyderabadi food for a while and I can enjoy a short stay in NZ in exchange Cool
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #31 on: Mar 09, 2012 08:00 PM »

trotters are yummm!

dude, you are seriously missing out on a ton of lip smacking delights by living in new zealand  Grin

I am really doubting your taste in food now  Angry. Most guys will eat just anything! But I know that's not universal because I know one who is a vegetarian -out of choice.
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #32 on: Mar 09, 2012 08:03 PM »

Sis Mubaraka,

No...I think I will want to read the recipe in detail for everything I eat there now  Sad. But since kidneys, liver, brain etc are makruh - wouldn't tongue and "trotters" fall under the same category? Isn't it better not to eat Makruh things? (Hope I am not offending anyone but its a question out of curiosity).
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #33 on: Mar 10, 2012 03:31 AM »

kuch bi yum nai rehta lol .. baigan se nafrat hai mereku Grin the day my mom cooks that retarded vegetable, I don't eat at home.

kidneys, liver, brainetc is makruh? how?
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #34 on: Mar 10, 2012 01:51 PM »

People should go a little easy on keeping names to vegetables Roll Eyes...
LOL for the baigan thing though.

Brinjals are supposed to be good for skin....

I don't think the above mentioned parts are makruh...though I heard that intestines are makruh...I can't stand them..though few ppl enjoy eating special dishes made with that too  Shocked
akhan
Bro

« Reply #35 on: Mar 10, 2012 08:36 PM »

I think it's the way baigan is cooked in our culture that makes it so yucky. I've had mutabbal and a few other middle eastern/arab preparations that had baigan in them and they were actually nice.

Perhaps the same will apply to tongues and trotters for sis ruhee Wink

ruhee
Sis

« Reply #36 on: Mar 10, 2012 09:34 PM »

kuch bi yum nai rehta lol .. baigan se nafrat hai mereku Grin the day my mom cooks that retarded vegetable, I don't eat at home.

kidneys, liver, brainetc is makruh? how?

Shocked I thought you were an unconditional hyderabadi cuisine fan...and you don't like bagare (did I spell it right?) baigan? tsk tsk, disappointing! lol just joking...and no, tongues and trotters are unconditionally off of my plates -unless i change drastically in the future.  Lips Sealed
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #37 on: Mar 10, 2012 10:14 PM »

Google doesn't bring up any makruh food lists...but from what I was taught/heard/learnt in childhood was that organs were makruh (not sure about stomach lining though)...but definitely things like heart, lungs, liver, kidneys and brains...and I think the reasoning given was that these things contain things that can harm you as well e.g. kidneys will of course have creatinine & other impurities etc and eating brains will (in some cases quite significantly) increase your cholesterol levels? or perhaps its that such things are likely to have some amount of congealed blood in them?
akhan
Bro

« Reply #38 on: Mar 11, 2012 03:08 AM »

Shocked I thought you were an unconditional hyderabadi cuisine fan...and you don't like bagare (did I spell it right?) baigan? tsk tsk, disappointing! lol just joking...and no, tongues and trotters are unconditionally off of my plates -unless i change drastically in the future.  Lips Sealed
being unconditional is stupidity Tongue not everything of something will always be good Tongue
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #39 on: Mar 11, 2012 03:25 AM »

Sis Ruhee,I think there is a hadeeth which I do not know exactly,I am paraphrasing it for u(may Allah forgive me if I am wrong)-
That Our Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) used to offer the sacrifice on Eid-ul-Zoha after  Eid prayers and the first thing he used to eat from the sacrifice is the liver.So how can it be makruh if our prophet himself had eaten it.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #40 on: Mar 11, 2012 03:37 AM »

Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Abu Bakr: We were one hundred and thirty men sitting with the Prophet. The Prophet said, "Have anyone of you any food with him?" It happened that one man had one Sa of wheat flour (or so) which was turned into dough then. After a while a tall lanky pagan came, driving some sheep. The Prophet asked, 'Will you sell us (a sheep), or give (it to) us as a gift?" The pagan said, "No, but I will sell it " So the Prophet bought from him a sheep which was slaughtered, and then the Prophet ordered that the liver, the kidneys, lungs and heart, etc., of that sheep be roasted. By Allah, none of those one hundred and thirty men but had his share of those things. The Prophet gave to those who were present, and also kept a share for those who were absent He then served that cooked sheep in two big trays and we all ate together our fill; yet there remained a part of it in those two trays which I carried on the camel. 
Bukhari : Book 65-Food,Meals Hadith No.294
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #41 on: Mar 11, 2012 04:18 AM »

Jazakallahukahir for the reference akhan
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #42 on: Mar 11, 2012 05:10 AM »

Shocked I thought you were an unconditional hyderabadi cuisine fan...and you don't like bagare (did I spell it right?) baigan? tsk tsk, disappointing! lol just joking...and no, tongues and trotters are unconditionally off of my plates -unless i change drastically in the future.  Lips Sealed
being unconditional is stupidity Tongue not everything of something will always be good Tongue

oh that is so true, depends how it is cooked. by the way is goose halal? (hope you are getting used to my randomness...was just reading something french  Smiley )
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #43 on: Mar 11, 2012 07:16 AM »

Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Abu Bakr: We were one hundred and thirty men sitting with the Prophet. The Prophet said, "Have anyone of you any food with him?" It happened that one man had one Sa of wheat flour (or so) which was turned into dough then. After a while a tall lanky pagan came, driving some sheep. The Prophet asked, 'Will you sell us (a sheep), or give (it to) us as a gift?" The pagan said, "No, but I will sell it " So the Prophet bought from him a sheep which was slaughtered, and then the Prophet ordered that the liver, the kidneys, lungs and heart, etc., of that sheep be roasted. By Allah, none of those one hundred and thirty men but had his share of those things. The Prophet gave to those who were present, and also kept a share for those who were absent He then served that cooked sheep in two big trays and we all ate together our fill; yet there remained a part of it in those two trays which I carried on the camel. 
Bukhari : Book 65-Food,Meals Hadith No.294

Wow, well maybe it is not than...but I have heard its makruh for a very long time (and a certain someone who knows my age now, can guess how long a time that is  Lips Sealed). Has anyone else heard the same thing as me?  Huh?
akhan
Bro

« Reply #44 on: Mar 11, 2012 07:56 AM »

I have no idea about goose being halal, but I think it is. Duck is halal, not as good as chicken though Tongue
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #45 on: Mar 11, 2012 08:34 AM »

Maybe its the way the duck is cooked but it has a really strong smell! Would love to taste it but my sense of smell really gets in the way.  Undecided

I think goose is...  mrdarcy (sis jannah must be a big pride and prejudice fan to have an emoticon named after Mr. Darcy. Is it her fav. book?)
akhan
Bro

« Reply #46 on: Mar 11, 2012 01:54 PM »

at a dawat, some of my friends gorged on duck and something pretty gross happened to them later Grin
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #47 on: Mar 12, 2012 04:45 AM »

my sense of smell really gets in the way. 
Cheesy I can totally understand that.
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #48 on: Mar 12, 2012 07:13 PM »

well I thought you were supposed to eat duck as a delicacy/ i.e. not gorge on it.  Roll Eyes... yeah smell and sight matters more than taste sometimes!
akhan
Bro

« Reply #49 on: Mar 12, 2012 07:47 PM »

well I thought you were supposed to eat duck as a delicacy/ i.e. not gorge on it.  Roll Eyes
Gorging is the Hyderabadi way of eating food, whether a delicacy or a dessert Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: