// Things to do when you're in Hyderabad
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Cognizance: The Prophet said: 'The similitude of the one who contemplates his Lord versus the one who does not is that of the living versus the dead.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things to do when you're in Hyderabad  (Read 11725 times)
ruhee
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
ruhee has no influence :(

« Reply #50 on: Mar 13, 2012 05:46 AM »

well I thought you were supposed to eat duck as a delicacy/ i.e. not gorge on it.  Roll Eyes
Gorging is the Hyderabadi way of eating food, whether a delicacy or a dessert Tongue

Embarrassed Dessert is another matter altogether...

And eeww...that doesn't sound good...are people there suffering from bulimia or something?
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #51 on: Mar 13, 2012 09:53 AM »

bulimia is built into the system Grin
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #52 on: Mar 14, 2012 03:51 AM »

lol im just reading this thread, and as a hyderabadi im not recognizing a lot of these things Tongue
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #53 on: Mar 14, 2012 05:20 AM »

lol im just reading this thread, and as a hyderabadi im not recognizing a lot of these things Tongue
So, evidently, you're not a real true blue hyderabadi like us Grin
btw, I was wondering, do you speak urdu like we do?
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #54 on: Mar 14, 2012 07:49 AM »

bulimia is built into the system Grin

Shocked that's shocking....but actually.... from a health point of view you should suspect that I think.... the way the people eat there at weddings... and the number of dishes and side dishes....such a waste just for show/status (I obviously just eat the haleem and then wait for the qubani ka meetha (did I spell it right this time akhan?  Roll Eyes)....
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #55 on: Mar 14, 2012 07:52 AM »

So, evidently, you're not a real true blue hyderabadi like us Grin
btw, I was wondering, do you speak urdu like we do?

Pure formal urdu, deccani slang urdu like in those totally over the top hyderabadi movies, or the normal urdu? If its the former two -don't include me in the "us"  Roll Eyes
austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #56 on: Mar 14, 2012 09:06 AM »

hahaha im not sure im a "true blue" anything.... buy yes i do speak urdu like you do... my urdu isnt spectacular but its good enough to hold a conversation.... though i cant read/write in urdu i can only speak it.

for me hyderabad is good for biryani, mithai, and amazing shopping!!!
akhan
Bro

« Reply #57 on: Mar 14, 2012 10:30 AM »

Pure formal urdu, deccani slang urdu like in those totally over the top hyderabadi movies, or the normal urdu? If its the former two -don't include me in the "us"  Roll Eyes
Neither do I speak formal urdu nor the hyderabadi movie urdu. It's something in between but a little towards the movie urdu. All hyderabadis speak urdu like that. And what is normal urdu? Huh?

ruhee
Sis

« Reply #58 on: Mar 15, 2012 06:47 AM »

Neither do I speak formal urdu nor the hyderabadi movie urdu. It's something in between but a little towards the movie urdu. All hyderabadis speak urdu like that. And what is normal urdu? Huh?

I think mine is a mix between hindi and urdu. Sort of bollywood hindi (apart from when they try and do a mumbai/ north indian dialect) mixed with just a dash of deccani urdu like hau and nakko. But we don't use the slang like "mathi" "ujaad" etc (kind of like the urdu in that video on youtube but not all those words -especially the "ya-inch" lol- I still haven't gotten over that one scence in the 1st one).
akhan
Bro

« Reply #59 on: Mar 15, 2012 10:45 AM »

I speak deccani completely, but not like the way they do it in those movies. That's more like the Hyderabadi version of the black ghetto or redneck version of english Tongue I do say all the "ich" words though Grin
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #60 on: Mar 15, 2012 05:21 PM »

Being a hyderabadi,I do have the normal hyderabadi slang,but not a very typical and heavy one.
I am fond of good urdu though.....

I think the type of language they speak in those movies is an exaggerated version of the slang actually used here.

Ok.Wanted to share....Just made some marg (no no...not with any tongues and trotters!!)...and it turned out yummmm.
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #61 on: Mar 15, 2012 07:13 PM »

Grin did it taste much better without the tongues and trotters?
akhan
Bro

« Reply #62 on: Mar 15, 2012 07:52 PM »

what's wrong with you people? tongues and trotters aren't supposed to go into marg! they're only for nahari
austmuslimah
Sis

« Reply #63 on: Mar 16, 2012 05:54 AM »

nahari!!!! ahhh the awful childhood memories ive had with that !!
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #64 on: Mar 16, 2012 07:36 AM »

what's wrong with you people? tongues and trotters aren't supposed to go into marg! they're only for nahari

Just see the above comment to see the reaction to "that" word  Cheesy. Lol I guess its like how eating snails would be to you guys. I don't eat it, but it doesn't irk me because I have seen a lot of french do it but tongue and trotters would be like eating frog legs.
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #65 on: Mar 16, 2012 08:58 AM »

It is just meat and bones that go into marg...

Everything else goes into nahari... Grin.....But it is not that bad you know...although I am not fond of the said tongues and trotters...

nahari!!!! ahhh the awful childhood memories ive had with that !!

What was so awful with that? Cheesy May be the trotters were chasing you in your dreams..........
ruhee
Sis

« Reply #66 on: Mar 17, 2012 08:08 AM »

Roll Eyes they might have?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: