Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times... it was shaadi season time.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Year's 1432 or 2011 Resolutions?  (Read 1780 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 02, 2011 03:37 PM »

Salams,

Anyone make any resolutions? I actually do think they kind of help. I have one friend who makes these big signs and posts them around her room like "Stop WASTING TIME!" etc. I wonder if it helps?

Here's mine for this year:

- Read Quran on Fridays at least an hour.

- Fast either mon or thurs of each week.

- Go to all events/parties/get out of the house instead of skipping them.

- Give concentrated quality time to projects.

- Go shopping more looking for bargains.

Nafs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2011 06:57 PM »

Walaikum Asalaam ...

I didn't really mean to ..but now I am thinking I should try, it's a new month? a new year? a new week? However you want to classify time I guess.

Well a few weeks ago I decided I'd try being more besharam (the meaning of this word might vary with people) but I meant it in the sense of doing what I want instead of always doing what other people want me to do. My mom laughed and said great you're already starting your 2011 resolutions and then she and my aunt said I'd fail at that, but I'll try anyway :|

And today I decided I'd ... try taking care of my health InshaAllah. (This seems to be an on and off thing...)

But mashaAllah Jannah, you have good resolutions, have you already started any?
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2011 04:07 AM »

wsalam,

haha besharam probably isn't the best word for your resolution nafs! i'd try 'concentrating on my physical and spiritual development' Wink

and yes1!! i went out to an event even when i wanted to stay at home, so yay  flowersis

no one else has any resolutions?  oldshaykh
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2011 05:03 AM »

the besharam concept exists in the US as well?
Nafs
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2011 06:19 AM »

wsalam,

haha besharam probably isn't the best word for your resolution nafs! i'd try 'concentrating on my physical and spiritual development' Wink

and yes1!! i went out to an event even when i wanted to stay at home, so yay  flowersis

no one else has any resolutions?  oldshaykh

lol, oh I am not sure how to explain now ... it's more like being stubborn and persistent? ...but yeah defffff need to concentrate on physical and spiritual development inshaAllah.

I already got chips and cookies today but yay that you went out when you didn't want to! lol

the besharam concept exists in the US as well?

Lol now it does ...

but seriously where I come from I think it's a little different than how Desi's use it ..but I may be confused.

Do you have any resolutions Br Akhan?
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2011 01:26 PM »

Assalamo elikuim

Sr.Nafs , I think that word that you are looking for is "dheet" which means stubborn Smiley

My new year resolutions , which unfortunately I have already broken are
1)Sleep atleast or more than 6 hour at night.
2)Slow down, really slow down instead of runing around all the time.
3)Read more Quran and with meaning everytime .

Wasalam
tq
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2011 03:01 AM »

No Sr Nafs,I never make new year resolutions.If I need to do something I try to start doing it then and there,waiting for the new year seems to be childish.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2011 07:52 PM »

waiting for the new year seems to be childish.

No one waits for the new year bro! It is just a time of change, a mark on the calendar from where we can start anew. Just like everyone makes resolutions before Ramadan on what they hope to accomplish. Without goals and renewal we would always remain stagnant. It's nice that you can "just start doing something just like that" but the rest of us are mere mortals that need to create our own motivations!! oldshaykh
akhan
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2011 03:53 PM »

but the rest of us are mere mortals that need to create our own motivations!! oldshaykh

lol..I am a mere mortal as well,just a little differently programmed I guess.
I may not do a lot of good things that you people do,so you never know Smiley
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2011 05:00 AM »

That was so frank of you sis Smiley

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2011 05:09 AM »

hah! the sad thing is i haven't gone to the mall with friends in years... and haven't bought anything nice in ages Sad i think when ppl stop shopping they become really miserly about spending and giving on anything and really don't want to turn into that!

That was so frank of you sis Smiley
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2011 05:13 AM »

hah! the sad thing here is that we have ONLY malls to go to Sad

Anyways hope you find the right brands Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: