// GROSSSSS - Human breast milk ice cream on sale in London
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "I think the danger for people with an absolutist interpretation of scripture is that they are blinded as opposed to guided by the light of God!"- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GROSSSSS - Human breast milk ice cream on sale in London  (Read 2649 times)
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« on: Feb 25, 2011 07:14 AM »

A.A.

Im reserving my cheap jokes for later use! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12566827

smack puke puke puke smack

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Learner
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Learner has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2011 10:40 AM »

It's gross how people can just allow such social deviations and consider it just another business enterprise.

They shout and clamour at "medieval” practices of Muslims and yet eating breast milk ice cream is a progressive attitude in the right direction for the 21st century.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2011 11:06 AM »

ws,

I think this is something universally seen as kind of gross lol. There are many studies that talk about the antibodies and pathology of breast milk and infants. Wonder how this affects adults. It's interesting that in Islam two children nursing and drinking from the same breast milk become 'brother and sister'. As an aside anyone remember that crazy so called fatwa that drivers should drink the lady of the house's breast milk or something so everything becomes halal ( so the daughters wouldn't have affairs with the drivers?) or some crazyness.........still can't figure out how that  works since for the brother/sister thing the kids have to be under 2 years of age...

UPDATE: I found it... yeah so ridiculous: http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-arabia/saudi-women-use-fatwa-in-driving-bid-1.643431
Learner
Bro

« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2011 04:03 PM »

Gross everywhere? No, it's becoming more and more fashionable as the days pass by. 10 years ago - such products were only in the domain of the perverted but now it's being introduced to mainstream public...at a price of £15 a scoop - what the heck!  puke

Just read the so called "fatwa" by sheikh Obaikan...I'm gobsmacked that he actually passed a fatwa such as that and still around in Saudi - LOL! I can't verify the actual "fatwa" and the reasons behind him issuing it - will look into it.

What's even more hilarious is our Saudi sister's who are threatning to carry out the "fatwa" with foreign men if they're not allowed to drive their own cars! ...I mean, is the Kingdom supposed to take such threats seriously? And so what if they go ahead and breastfeed the driver - how is that going to change state policy? I'd really like to interview one of these women and work out their state of mind!  loopy
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2011 05:09 AM »

Must be a UK thing then. Everyone over here thinks thats gross.

The fatwa was clear-cut and extremely well publicized in the kingdom by a fatwa council. And from what I remember after some brouhaha even the authorities etc approved of it.

I think these women are awesome. Seriously what a ridiculous fatwa that women can't drive, and what a ridiculous fatwa about breast feeding. So if they are being forced to do one why don't they do both. That's what I imagine their threat is.  Saudi definitely needs a revolution as well. The funniest thing is that they have all these fake commercial type things playing over and over on Saudi TV about how their King LOVES the youth of Saudi and that he'll do everything for them.

Their day is coming. inshaAllah.

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2011 09:50 PM »

Saudi definitely needs a revolution as well.

Their day is coming. inshaAllah.

Ameen and insha'allah to that Sis J!

I'm not going to comment on the actual story - just ridiculous, like many things in KSA. If I can just rant a bit here - I've also hated that they put their name on the land of our Prophet - if anyone's name should attached to Arabia, it should be his (SAW), after all, he is the one who brought its honor back from idolaters. The fact that there are "Kings" watching over our holiest sites and laying down laws that have no basis in Islam whatsoever - ugh +  puke + loopy I just don't get it!

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2011 01:41 AM »

I'd like to see Saudi become a much better place than it is now, but you know what, I think they're better off with a monarchy. Coz Saudis are whack and if at all the country does become democratic I don't think it will remain the way it is now. And the tribal system has worked in the Arab world since time immemorial, if a western system is introduced I don't think they'll be able to manage it properly, mostly coz their mindset and their culture is very different from what suits a democracy.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2011 10:48 PM »

salam

Voting and democracy is an Islamic thing, didn't the tribes democratically elect their leader during the time of the Khalifat?

As for the breast milk ice cream, ermm nope the Brits (the sane ones, without strange fetishes), consider it a revolting concept too.
It's so unnecessary.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2011 01:26 AM »

salam

Voting and democracy is an Islamic thing, didn't the tribes democratically elect their leader during the time of the Khalifat?

I guess you're right on that front, but I still don't think that Saudi can flourish with a democracy at this moment. I've been there and I've lived there and I know the people, if you revolutionize the country and bring a democracy now, then I am sure there will be chaos. What it needs is a slow transition coupled with educating it's people, not in science or business but first in ethics. Believe me, they need it real bad.
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2011 04:42 AM »

salam

You know that fatwa, how does the shaikh reconcile it with the quranic law of children being weaned by aged two? From what I skim read, guys saying women can breast feed grown men directly... I feel nauseous!!!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Learner
Bro

« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2011 12:01 PM »

assalamualaikum

I haven't come across the fatwa yet but a few thoughts about it if there is a reliance upon a particular hadith...

1) The hadith about the grown sahabi drinking milk to establish relations is specific to him alone and no one else...there has been concensus on this.

2) Consuming human secretions (even if it is considered pure) by adults is unlawful and this would cover the case of an adult consuming human milk.

3) Milk relations will only be established if the child was under the age of two and drank a complete mouthful of milk. There is difference of opinion on this as some say there has to be at least three mouthfuls - allahu alam. Hence even if an adult were to drink human milk (which is unlawful in it's own right) it would still not establish any relations.

walaikumsalaam
Learner
Bro

« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2011 12:06 PM »

...and as for the weird women

Wonder if any of them have gone ahead with their threat?

The thought of perverted drivers getting a kick out of reading this article in Saudi and rushing to fulfil his mistresses demand is somewhat troubling   puke

walaikumsalaam
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2011 12:42 PM »

New development: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12615353

Baby Gaga breast milk ice cream seized for safety tests

Ice cream made from breast milk has been removed from a central London restaurant on health grounds following complaints by members of the public.

The dessert, called Baby Gaga, went on sale at ice cream parlour Icecreamists in Covent Garden in February.

But Westminster Council officers removed the product to make sure it was "fit for human consumption".

Icecreamist founder Matt O'Connor said the donor was medically screened and the milk mixture was pasteurised.

'Amazing response'
The ice cream was churned with donations from London mother Victoria Hiley, and served with a rusk and an optional shot of Calpol or Bonjela. Each serving costs £14.

Westminster council said it had received two complaints from members of the public and concerns were raised by the Health Protection Agency and Food Standards Agency.

Tory Westminster Councillor Brian Connell said: "Selling foodstuffs made from another person's bodily fluids can lead to viruses being passed on and, in this case, potentially hepatitis.

"As the local authority we will support small businesses and applaud innovative ideas wherever possible, but must protect the health of consumers."

Mr O'Connor, said: "We have had an amazing response - many women have come forward and offer to give us milk.

"You can buy alcohol and tobacco but not breast milk in Westminster.

"If Westminster bans this then I am going to begin a protest with mums who have already shown support."

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2011 02:11 PM »

served with a rusk and an optional shot of Calpol or Bonjela

American translation, please... Grin

many women have come forward and offer to give us milk.

I think these women have serious issues.... Roll Eyes
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2011 11:28 AM »

A.A.

I personally have lesser concerns about women who are getting milked for this ice-cream... The thing I take more issue with is people who are consuming this ice-cream.

Some women do usually waste their milk when their breasts get too filled up and their baby's dont intake too much to ease mother's pain. And some dont want to breastfeed so they want to get their breasts dry, a process that also involves wasting their milk as well. So if such women give away or sell their milk instead of spilling it down the drain, then to me, that is a better use of resources and energy shadyguy

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Mar 05, 2011 02:15 PM »

salam

If a mother who wishes to nurse has too much supply she can use a pump to express the milk & freeze it, the baby can be given it at a later date.

Breastmilk keeps fine frozen......as this ice cream story shows Roll Eyes

This prevents wasting it.

Wassalaam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: