Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Apr 21, 2014 01:21 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pursuit of Happiness - A reflection  (Read 2371 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Mar 02, 2011 01:44 AM »

"The Pursuit of Happiness" was the first retreat I have attended for the Sheikh. It was a turning point and a life changing experience for me, after which I pledged to my Lord never to return to my heedless state. As I was living with no aim, day by day, my biggest worries being my looks, my friends, and my education. I claimed pertinence to Islam, but I did not testify it. Even my own worships were only of a routinic habit. My love to my lord was only by words, and like this I continued transgressing against my self and my own lord. The same lord whom after I have sinned Him He called me to Him, through this amazing experience of my first retreat. He has granted me moments of nearness to Him, as I raised my hands in sincere repentance of all I have done. Through these moments was the first time I felt the taste of true happiness, and aimed to pursuit it for the rest of my life.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2011 03:29 AM »

assalamu 'alaykum,

The first post seems to be a copy of the original:

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?69470-A-turning-point-quot-Pursuit-of-happiness-quot-Sheikh-Mukhtar-retreat

Not sure if it was posted by the original author...

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: