// Japanese Earthquake
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Advice: The Prophet said: 'Make things easy (for people) and do not make them difficult, and cheer people up and do not drive them away.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Earthquake  (Read 1103 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« on: Mar 11, 2011 03:56 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I know we've been having this on going discussion about what's been happening with the world this year with all the weird weather and uprisings but these earthquakes in Christchurch and now in Japan really are quite jaw dropping in terms of their magnitude and impact.

If anyone ever needed reminding of the fragility of life and the power of Allah, this picture really does provide a powerful reminder.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2011 07:18 PM »

True BrKhalid.

First off, I was shocked when I came home from class/Jumu'ah/lunch. Must have happened while we were in the chat this morning roughly, 2 pm japan time and they are 8 hours ahead of me over here.

Indeed, just so many things going on these days. Sometimes I really do think things can't any worse, but then it does. By worse I just mean chaotic, violent and disorderly. Only reminds me of the end of the world in some respect. I know that may be influenced by Hollywood and we've all heard the Khutbah's on what will happen when this world is coming to an end, but just seems like things are just getting more and more out of control, so much hatred, etc.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Nafs
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2011 10:00 PM »

Salaam Alaikum Br Khalid and Br WCoastbaba...and anyone else reading this.

It's really scary and really sad. May Allah tala protect everyone InshaAllah and awaken our hearts to the truth. "Fragility of life, and the power of Allah," How true that is br Khalid. I just keep repeating this quote in my head ... it's odd.

I have a cousin who is somewhere in Japan for studies, please make dua =( We haven't gotten into contact yet.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2011 11:48 PM »

inna lillah wa inna ilaihi rajeoon. so horrible. may Allah give them strength and patience.

Do you guys remember this hadith:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "The Hour (Last Day) will not be established until (religious) knowledge will be taken away (by the death of religious learned men), earthquakes will be very frequent, time will pass quickly, afflictions will appear, murders will increase and money will overflow amongst you."
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2011 06:42 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

There is no doubt that these events are signs and lessons for us all.

From a micro or an individual perspective, we all have days when the sun isn't shining and we have to face extreme weather. There are days when we are oppressed by our own soul and ego and have to fight to liberate ourselves. There are also days when our world is shaken to its core and we have to try and maintain a sure footing.

The overriding lesson is that we should learn and reflect on these external signs because one day we may end up being in exactly the same situation!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2011 08:24 AM »

Salaam Alaikum Br Khalid and Br WCoastbaba...and anyone else reading this.

It's really scary and really sad. May Allah tala protect everyone InshaAllah and awaken our hearts to the truth. "Fragility of life, and the power of Allah," How true that is br Khalid. I just keep repeating this quote in my head ... it's odd.

I have a cousin who is somewhere in Japan for studies, please make dua =( We haven't gotten into contact yet.

Wa alaikum as salaam dear Sis Nafs -

I hope you make contact with your cousin - will definitly keep them in our du'a and please do let us know when you find out more.

inna lillah wa inna ilaihi rajeoon. so horrible. may Allah give them strength and patience.

Do you guys remember this hadith:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "The Hour (Last Day) will not be established until (religious) knowledge will be taken away (by the death of religious learned men), earthquakes will be very frequent, time will pass quickly, afflictions will appear, murders will increase and money will overflow amongst you."

Thanks for the reminder Sis Jannah - I do remember the reference to the death of religious men, but I didn't remember the earthquake portion, but it certainly makes sense.

Ma'sha'allah, BrKhalid, you always manage to say wise and reflective things and put things in perspective whatever the event or subject we are discussing. Jazak'Allahu Khairan for your insight.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2011 10:08 PM »

wsalam,

Many Muslim organizations have taken up collections for relief aid. There are so many there without their homes, food, water or electricity. The current nuclear threats are very scary. May Allah help them come through this test.

http://www.muslimsforjapan.org/

http://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/Japan_Tsunami_Appeal.aspx

http://www.islamic-relief.com/Emergencies-And-Appeals/emArticleView.aspx?emID=89&artID=720

http://icnarelief.org/site/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: