// Galaxy 4G(Android) or HTC Windows?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land. - Jon Stewart
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Galaxy 4G(Android) or HTC Windows?  (Read 1604 times)
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« on: Mar 14, 2011 03:47 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
My 2Gen iphone stopped working  Sad Sad - was working fine one minute and next it was gone, blank no life Sad

Through my husband's work I can get t-mobile phone, although I really liked my old iphone, I dont want to spend money on something that I can get for free  Smiley . So I am here to ask all the cool people of Madina which t-mobile phone to get ? I have heard Motorola Defy is real good and durable,  durablity is very important for me as my kids use my phone like their own! Also what do you guys think of Window phone? Galaxy 4G? And I dont need/have a dataplan , so I am thinking of using the wifi feature .

Jazak Allah khair
tq
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2011 07:32 PM »

ws,

I've seen android phones and they are reallly cool. Soooo many apps you can download and use that are a lot of fun. So maybe something to consider...
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2011 11:38 AM »

salam

My sister has the galaxy one (that's the Samsung one isn't it?), it can download loads fo the same apps as the Iphone, so we can pretty much chat via Viber or message on whatsapp to eachother using WiFi, and it doesn't affect her phone bill!

I still love my Iphone tho, dunno what I'd do if it died! Mines insured for the first year.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2011 02:21 PM »

Salam
Ordered G4- thank you Jannah and Fozia. I know I will miss my iphone too, but life goes on Smiley

My oldest has told me that he will be taking my new phone to school for first few days. He said I promised that to him since he is a very nice beta (son) Smiley I dont remember it though Smiley

Jazak Allah khairun - I knew I could rely on my madina family Smiley

tq
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2011 02:50 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I was going to recommend the Samsung one as well!

For those buying a phone later in the year, it may be worth waiting to see what the new iPhone 5 is like.

Out of interest how many of you guys log on to the Madina via your phone?

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2011 03:13 PM »

Congrats Sis tq, on the new phone  Cheesy . . . hahaha, aapka beta zaroor acha hai :-)

Just to chime in, I've never had a fancy smartphone . . you want to know my situation? - Amma and I still share a phone when I'm in town/at home. Insha'allah, when I get back for good, I'm NOT getting an iPhone - my whole family has them - 5 cousins back home AND one set of parents, have them, so I am going to go for HTC, maybe the Desire, but we'll see what's out in the next few months. One cousin has an HTC though.

I like being different and unique, though I know, in terms of the apps, iPhone is probably the best and of course the retina display to mention one feature  Wink

desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2011 04:24 PM »

Wow....

I don't know about you, buy I'm totally burned out technology-wise....

I don't know what all these different things are.  And don't wanna know...  Too much technology...

I was at a friends house the other day and they were singing the praises of blu-ray.  While it certainly looked nice, I saw no reason to pay all that extra money for it.  I'm perfectly satisfied with what I've got. Heck...I even still watch my old vhs tapes (which they were appalled at...).

Is there anybody else burned out on all this new stuff?   ...or am I just being an old fuddy duddy?   oldshaykh
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2011 04:26 PM »

Sis Rahma, I am not burned out on technology, rather I choose not to make myself a slave to it. Allah only knows if I can keep up with my opinion because today's world is so heavily reliant on it. 

All the talk about smartphones makes me chuckle, almost everybody around me has them and now the Madinans have them too. All this makes me look like I am from the stone age, with a Nokia 1100 that I bought six years ago Smiley and yea, I still memorize most of my contacts. Nonetheless, I am very very happy with not owning a smartphone and I don't intend to either, unless I get one for free Cheesy
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2011 05:12 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I even still watch my old vhs tapes (which they were appalled at...)

...or am I just being an old fuddy duddy?

Nope we wouldn't say that, but if you told us you still had Betamax tapes we may have to change our mind Wink

The rapid growth in technology certainly will be interesting in the coming years.

Will the rise in growth of tablets and laptops make the traditional desktop obsolete?

Will smartphones become smarter and faster such that people won't even need a computer?

Will surfers prefer user-friendly apps to search the internet as compared to traditional browsers?

Will anyone bother having a landline in years to come?

Will Muslims be reading the Qur'an from their iPhones and Kindles instead of from a mushaf?

Personally, I wish rotary dial telephones would make a comeback. Words cannot describe how much fun you can have with those things when you are a kid bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2011 06:06 PM »

Sis Rahma - I can't say I"m sick of the tech, but just maybe how people are just so obsessed - like I said, above, I wouldn't mind a nicer phone, but yeah it does seem people are just too into things. I will say we got a Blu Ray in the last two years, I have to admit, the picture is really nice . . .

Akhan bhai - hahah, that's funny, but cool too, that you've memorized your contacts, etc. Smart boy.

BrKhalid - That's a lot of questions, but yes, interesting to see what will happen. Who knows with the human race - we are pretty complex creatures . . .

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2011 07:17 PM »

I think if you get the latest technology just for the sake of technology it's a little over the top and a waste of money for you. But a lot of new technology makes life SO much easier! Just think of GPS on these smartphones. Helps so much going somewhere, finding restaurants. It's invaluable in cities like New York. We were randomly somewhere, found a place where we wanted to go, and found subway directions for it based on where were were! In the past you would never be able to be so spontaneous. Text messaging is a total revolution in communication. Once you've used it you just can't go back. I wish my parents could learn how to use it, it would be so great. For people who are traveling, who have busy lives, there are so many good apps for things even the prayer athan app is great for working ppl. And crazily enough I've heard ppl also memorize Quran off these at bus stops. So it just depends if you can use/benefit from the technology. If not, the old stuff is fine.
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2011 09:47 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Speaking of changing trends, the UK yesterday changed the basket of goods used to calculate inflation.

In comes the cost of smartphones and their apps and out goes mobile phone downloads.

The full list is below and apparently we are also eating more dried fruit as well as conditioning our hair Huh?

Changes to inflation basket
In

Smartphone handsets and their apps
Dating agency fees
Hair conditioner
Oven-ready joint
Dried fruit
Sparkling wine
Medium density fibreboard (MDF)
Craft kit

Out
Mobile phone downloads
Vending machine cigarettes
Rose bushes
Pork shoulder
Vet fees for spaying a kitten
Hardboard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12744400

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: