// Top 10 Halal Friendly Destinations
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate. - Thomas Jones
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 Halal Friendly Destinations  (Read 6896 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« on: Mar 22, 2011 10:40 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Given all these trips that the jet setting Madinans seem to be taking recently, here is the official Top 10 Halal Friendly Destinations to explore in 2011 as compiled by the Crescent Rating website.

In reverse order:

10. Australia (Gold Coast) - Time to pull out that burqini?

9. South Africa  - Good recent review of Cape Town from Sr Shahida and I would recommend Joburg as well (don't be put off by all the crime)

8. Singapore - I believe they have a Universal Studios there now, perhaps Sr UmmWafi has been?

7. Sri Lanka - Pay a visit to our Br Haniff (InshaAllah I hope he is recovered now)

6. Thailand - I would go to Thailand just for the food!! Pad Thai anyone?

5. Indonesia - The world's most populous Muslim country

4. Morocco - Marrakech, Rabat, Casablanca, Fez and the Atlas mountains, need we say anymore?

3. Egypt - Tahrir Square must be 'the' place to visit in 2011!!

2. Turkey - Not just for Christmas or Thanksgiving

1. Malaysia - Halal friendly and it has that James Bond island as well!!

http://www.crescentrating.com/

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2011 09:27 PM »

Cool BrKhalid! Thanks for sharing.

A few thoughts:

Thailand: My best friend from College is from Thailand, so that would be one connection I have - meaning that could be a reason to go, though she lives in the States. As for experience - my Baji (big sister) in Pakistan went there for her honeymoon - before the tsunami, but from what she said, it was beautiful.

Indonesia - That fact you stated alone is a reason I want to go -and of course, the so many wonderful pictures I've seen from there.

Morocco - Definitely lots of places I'd like to see there, including the ones listed of course. After I saw a picture of the King Hasan II mosque, I have wanted to go to Morocco.

Egypt - 'nough said BrKhalid. Additionally,  I've got one person here in Prague that I could visit as well.

Turkey - hahahha - yes, definitely jealous of those of you have gone there - Istanbul - one of the places I listed on the Bucket list that we shared on the other thread recently.

Malaysia - Wow, didn't know the James bond island factoid - though I haven't watched the old films, so am guessing that is where the reference is from. Most importantly for me, I have several close Malaysian brothers here that are also medical students, though they are attending one of the other 2 medical schools within our university here and I've already been invited after met one of thees brother's father a few years ago. I also have an online contact that I would love to meet, so just as on the list, this is probably my #1 destination in terms of personal interest, but really, of the ones I've listed, I want to go to them all!

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2011 08:02 AM »

Salam alaikum!

Me likes the list!!!  And yes, South Africa should be right up there for ideal muslim-friendly destinations.  You should ALL make it down here sometime!  We even have a Muslim-owned, hallal only game reserve with all the coolest wild animals, and you can eat everything!!! alhamdulillah.

Ok, I made it to Tahrir square before it was really Tahrir square...so another visit to egypt is in order, yes?

Malaysia is definitely worth it as well!!! I love visiting places, where you dont have to constantly be on guard that they're gonna put alcohol in the dessert, or use some dodgy ingredients.  And to see all the sisters in their baju kurungs and hijaab really does have a positive effect on your morale:)

Ok, thats enough daydreaming for now...keep well all, and remember me in your duaas:)
Salam
S.
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2011 09:33 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I wonder whether places in Central Asia will see Muslims travelling there in the future.

Countries like Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan (where Imam Bukhari was born). Certainly off the beaten track but full of history no doubt!!

South America would be interesting as well. A cruise down the Amazon could be quite a journey bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2011 11:03 AM »

wsalam,

This is a great thread! Is this for just vacation destinations for for halal friendly like places to live forever??? I've been trying to think of the best place to live and just can't find any place that is so much better than others? Maybe we should make a Top 10 best places for Muslims to Live?

But I just don't understand how the Gold coast can be on this list?? Beaches with a lot of naked ppl?? Can't see how that's halal friendly? Also, from my limited understanding Austrailia is very homogeneous and not very open to dark-skinned foreigners, especially Muslims!!!

And how is Dubai not on this list?? It really does have the perception of being a top Muslim vacation spot....
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2011 06:15 PM »

But I just don't understand how the Gold coast can be on this list?? Beaches with a lot of naked ppl?? Can't see how that's halal friendly?

haha, Sis J, I was thinking the same thing.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2011 11:44 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Maybe we should make a Top 10 best places for Muslims to Live?

Does it really matter where you live as long as you can practice your religion?

This may be a heated debate for another thread bro

But I just don't understand how the Gold coast can be on this list??

Apparently it's because they have gone a long way in providing Halal facilities such as restaurants etc.

I'm not sure if we've ever had an Aussie Muslim as a regular on the board. If you guys are out there then let us know what's it like down under!

And how is Dubai not on this list?? It really does have the perception of being a top Muslim vacation spot....

Good question, if the Gold Coast made it into the Top 10 then the UAE should also have been in there.

With the football world cup being held there in 2022, I expect Qatar to be an ever growing destination as well in the future.

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2012 06:02 PM »

Looks like they updated the list for this year!! And separated it out to halal Islamic countries and halal non-Islamic places.... very interesting...

Malaysia tops the list which is no surprise. Apparently they have amazing resorts and things to see and places to go and it's very Muslim. But Bosnia!!! who knew??

==============================

Malaysia Is Top Halal Friendly Holiday Destination Among 10 OIC Countries

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 12 (Bernama) -- Malaysia is ranked as the top Halal Friendly Holiday Destination for 2012 among 10 member states of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).

Crescentrating.com, a travel portal for Halal-conscious Muslim travellers, said that Malaysia was placed on the top spot because it has much to offer to Muslim travellers.

Second was Egypt, followed by Turkey, Indonesia, United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Tunisia, Jordan, Brunei and Qatar,
according to the survey conducted by the portal.

Crescentrating.com said that the rankings were compiled based on the facilities and services provided by those countries to Muslim visitors, such as Halal food, Halal-certified restaurants, availability of mosques and family-friendly attractions.

The portal also conducted a survey of Halal Friendly Holiday Destinations in non-OIC countries for 2012.

Top of that list was Bosnia and Herzegovina. Second was Singapore, followed by South Africa, Sri Lanka, Gold Coast (Australia), Delhi (India), London (UK), Bangkok (Thailand), Munich (Germany) and Vienna (Austria).

"Bosnia and Herzegovina is ranked as the most Halal Friendly Holiday Destination in a non-OIC country because this crossroad, where East meets West, is an eclectic mix of traditional masjids and modern ski resorts, giving its tourists the best of both worlds," Crescentrating said.

It said that all of the non-OIC countries listed have basic Halal-friendly facilities available as well, though they may not be as common or as popular as in OIC countries.

These destinations offer unique surroundings, atmospheres and attractions for visitors, the portal added.

Consultancy group AT Kearney, a global management firm, said that "the Halal market is estimated to be around US$2 trillion, underpinned by one of the fastest growing religions in the world."

There are between 1.5 billion to 2.0 billion Muslims worldwide.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2012 05:48 AM »

AA

1. Turkey
2. Malaysia
3. Indonesia
4. SriLanka
5. i Ran
6. Thailand
7. Bosnia <3
8. ~Kandhaar : (

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2012 05:09 PM »

Salam,

Saw this today. We should probably add Muslim cruises to the vacation list. It looks kinda cool, but weird to be walking around your romantic Titanic and then Yasir Qadhi is there lol???  frenchbro But I'm sure it's infinitely better than a regular cruise where there is probably a ton of naked ppl getting drunk all the time!!

http://salaamcruise.com/sc2/index.php/main-page/item/10-praesent-vestibulum-moles

We are embarking on our next Salaam Cruise voyage and we want you to join us.  December 14th (Friday) to December 17th (Monday), 2012 to the sunny shores of Nassau, Bahamas.  We will be departing from Port Canaveral, FL (45 mins from Orlando, FL).  We will be traveling on the Royal Caribbean's grand cruiseship, Monarch of the Seas.  In addition to all of you, Shaykh Yasir Qadhi and Hafidh Wisam will be joining us as well.

lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2012 05:15 PM »

You didn't mention East London.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I went to a halal KFC there once and Nandos is sometimes Halal too.

Actually the best halal travel destinations are airports.  I think i once brought back 30 McDonald's hamburgers and cheeseburgers from Singpore's Airport.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2012 05:27 PM »

We went to Halal KFC in E London too!! Except they don't have mashed potatoes and gravy...I mean like what's the point then??  Cheesy

I had a cheeseburger from the AbuDhabi airport but not really exceptional or anything? I think the one's at our Mosque picnic are much yummier, esp if someone brings cheese.

Weird thing is a friend of mine brought back a cheeseburger from singapore for my other friend too!  They should have expat packages maybe loopy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: