// Does Allah hate?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Al-Ghazali is a quenching sea" - Imam al-Haramayn
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Allah hate?  (Read 4661 times)
Muslima92

Reputation Power: 0
Muslima92 has no influence :(

« on: Mar 23, 2011 01:06 AM »

I want to know does Allah hate those who are not Muslims. I realise the word dislike is used in the quran but a friend of mine said that Allah hates disbelievers which upset me because I can't imagine Allah hating. Please reply with references not opinions because I want to know true answer.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2011 02:11 PM »

salam

For a learned opnion, relly the best thing would be to ask your imam.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2011 10:56 PM »

I do not feel Allah "hates" his creation as much as it is the "sin". I also think it is best to look at the term disbeliever. Another thought is IF Allah hated the Christians and Jews (which most will say are the unbelievers) Why would he permit the Muslim man to marry them?  Would you have someone you love marry the one you hate.. makes no sense.

I came across this I hope it helps. Sr. Fozia is right however, best to talk to an Imam.

"There is no compulsion in religion..."
[Quran, Chapter 2, Verse 256]

Also, God commands Muslims to maintain friendly and cooperative relations with people of other beliefs. In the Quran, the Holy book of Islam, God has said:

" God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers."
[Quran, chapter 60/ verse 8]

Word: Kafir

Meaning: Generally the word kafir means 'unbeliever' and it is not meant as a derogatory label (unless it is used against Muslims by another Muslim). Of course, there are different levels of Kufur (disbelief) so although a person may be correctly identified as a kafir, that person is not kafir in the strongest sense of the word. Absolute kufur is the denial of God. Here are some examples of kufur:

(1) A person is known as a Kafir if they are disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness, and in His final Messenger, Muhammad (SAW). (E.g. An apostate from Islam)
(2) A 'Muslim' who disbelieves in a necessary tenant of Islam like the 5 pillars or some other things is known as a disbeliever.
(3) An originally non-Muslim person who denies the religion of Islam while knowing in his heart that it is true.
(4) A disbeliever in Islam only because they originally follow another (monotheistic) faith.
(5) A person who follows another (monotheistic) faith and knows nothing about Islam.
(6) A person who believes in many gods (polytheist).
(7) An agnostic who is a monotheist is a lesser kafir than a polytheist.
(Cool An Atheist - ultimate kufur.

Generally a Christian or Jew is not identified as a kafir but they are known respectfully as Ahlul kitab - People of the Book(s), and Islam considers their religions valid but once they find Islam they are expected to follow the updated covenant sent by God.

True Form: كافر   
Grammar: word;
Explanation: وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلاَئِكَةِ اسْجُدُواْ لآدَمَ فَسَجَدُواْ إِلاَّ إِبْلِيسَ أَبَى وَاسْتَكْبَرَ وَكَانَ مِنَ الْكَافِرِينَ

And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith. [Quran 2.34]

Notice the use of the word 'kafireen' in the Arabic. This is one of the reasons why one must learn Arabic to understand the full meaning of the Quran, the words of Allah. Kafir is derived from the word meaning 'to cover' and Kafir also means 'disbeliever in God'. But in this case, Iblees (Satan) is fully aware of Gods' existence and power yet he is still described as a kafir! This goes to show that a person can be a kafir even if he believes in a God. In other words, just because someone believes there is a God, that someone can still be a kafir and be (technically) condemned to hell. Therefore, a kafir can be more correctly defined as someone who 'rejects submission to God' even though he is fully aware of His existence, as well as meaning a person who is a true Atheist - one who 'rejects the existence of God'.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

Re:
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2011 11:35 AM »

We don’t attribute the word ‘hate’ to God because this implies an emotion and emotions are only attributed to the creation, not the Creator.  However the disbelievers have been threatened with punishment for not correctly worshipping God and this is explicit throughout the religious texts.

Islaam does not consider the religions of Christianity and Judaism as valid.  In the Qur’an it states in surat al-Imran, v19 that The only religion Accepted by Allah is Islam, so one cannot then say that other religions are valid or acceptable as one is then going against the Qur’an.   All the Prophets are Muslim, so from Prophet Adam to Prophet Muhammad, they all came with the same religion.  

In surat al-Hajj, v78, it says what means: ‘Ibraheem/Abraham named you Muslims.’  In surat al-Baqarah, v132, it says what means: ‘Prophet Yacoub/Jacob said to his sons that Allaah has Granted you the true religion (Islaam) so do not die but as Muslims.’  When the sorcerers initially challenged Prophet Musa/Moses, they embraced Islaam afterwards and said to Pharoah in surat al-A^raf, v126 what means: ‘We are Muslims.’  In surat al-Imran, v52 it says what means: The followers of ^Isa/Jesus said ‘We are Muslims.’  So the followers of the previous Prophets (i.e. those who believed in the revelation and what the Prophets came with) are all seen as Muslims, not Christians or Jews for instance.

After the Prophets passed away some people began to distort their message so that the religious belief became corrupt. Those who held these corrupt unislamic beliefs were/are not seen as Muslims, and it is then that some of these people became known as Christians and Jews, etc.   To give an example- One cannot classify a person who believes in the so-called Holy Trinity as Muslim.  How can one consider a religion as being valid in which its followers claim God has a son, especially as in surat al-Ikhlas it states that Allaah does not have offspring, and there are verses in surat al-Maryam in which the enormity of this crime is mentioned.  The meaning is: And they say that Allaah has a son.  And what an awful thing they say that they bring.  To the extent that the heavens almost split, the earth almost erupts and the mountains almost shatter in to pieces. That they claim Ar-RaHman has a son.

I’ve copied and pasted a response from a previous post which may clarify the issue a bit further inshaa’Allaah as it is linked to this in a way:

"SubhanAllaah one needs to be careful how one asks and responds to such questions as if one has not learnt, one may attribute unfairness or injustice to God which is incompatible with Godhood and blasphemous.  I think some of the confusion arises from a lack of understanding regarding the Will of Allaah and the free will of humans which allows us to make certain choices.

In surah al-Araf, it is mentioned that all of the souls of the children of Adam took a covenant in which they pledged and testified in the Existence of God, the One without a partner to Him.  This proves that every soul believed in God.  Then we have the hadith which states in meaning that we are all born with a belief in God and with an inclination to worship Him alone, but other factors then influence us and lead some people astray.  In Suratul-Dhariyat,  it is stated in meaning that God has Ordered humans and jinn to worship Him.  But despite this Order from God, not everyone chooses to obey His Order.
Quote from: blackrose on Jul 26, 2010 07:17 AM
Anyhow does this not seem unfair to the disbelievers because they were chosen as disbeliever from the very beginning

So no, this does not seem unfair as every soul testified in the Existence of God but later, some people chose to follow a different path, so it is *their choice*.  Allaah Knew eternally what their choice would be.  On the Day of Judgement there is no injustice.  We are tested in this world and have free will, so we make our own choices, although  this is under the Will of Allaah (so we choose to do something but whether it happens or not depends on whether God Wills for it to happen for us, hence why in the religion we have the phrase ‘Insha’Allaah’).  Although God Knows eternally everything about us, we are tested in order for ourselves to learn how we are, so our actions are used as proofs for or against us on the Day of Judgement.  

Injustice is to disobey the One who deserves to be obeyed and there is no one that orders Allaah to do anything.  So Allaah does not obey or disobey another.  So rather it is the kuffar who are unjust.  On the Day of Judgement we will not be able to deny a single thing as even our limbs will testify against us.  In this way no one will be able to say that God is unjust as all the choices that *we* will have made in this life are lain before us on that Day.  Remember, God is not asked about what He does, but rather, we will be asked regarding what we have done."

Even if a non-Muslim is very charitable, shows good character, etc, he/she is doing the greatest injustice of all which is that he/she is not recognising their Creator.   This is why the blasphemers are threatened with punishment in the Hereafter.  If someone said that the religions of Christianity and Judaism are valid, then why would those people need to embrace Islaam?  The answer is because those religions aren’t valid and won’t save someone from the Hellfire.

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
maya
Sis

maya has no influence :(

Re:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2011 09:10 PM »

Even if a non-Muslim is very charitable, shows good character, etc, he/she is doing the greatest injustice of all which is that he/she is not recognising their Creator.   This is why the blasphemers are threatened with punishment in the Hereafter.  If someone said that the religions of Christianity and Judaism are valid, then why would those people need to embrace Islaam?  The answer is because those religions aren’t valid and won’t save someone from the Hellfire.

We can not look at someone and know if they will enter the gates of paradise, Muslim or Christians.

Sura 2 - Ayat 62
 Al-Baqara (The Cow)
2:62 Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Allah only accepts Islam, which means total submission, surrender, and obedience to Allah. So, He may forgive others because despite practicing another religion they have embraced the heart of submission...AGain, who knows?? Allahu Alam...I am just throwing this out there because clearly the aforementioned verse is trying to say something about Ahl al-Kitāb, ppl of the book
As to the OP: God hates no one.

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands,
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2011 10:23 AM »

Allah is full of love and forgiveness

"Verily, there are one hundred (parts of) mercy for Allah, and it is one part of this mercy by virtue of which there is mutual love between the people and ninety-nine reserved for the Day of Resurrection."

Narrated Amir b. Sa’d (ra) that Sa’d b. Abi Waqqas (ra) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (sa) say: “Allah loves the servant who is God-fearing, free from want, and is hidden (from the view of people).”

but

There are also certain things/characteristics that Allah hates as well, one being associating partners with Him or denying His existance or not accepting Him as our Creator.  Your question is asking if Allah hates non believers? I would think that Allah, who is all Merciful would hate the non muslims beliefs and actions because of that belief, but as for hating them as a person, I am not sure because non muslims can have good qualities/character despite their incorrect beliefs.

Allah knows best.

Instead of focusing on what Allah hates, I think its nicer to focus on what he loves and try to do that more and more.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2011 05:43 PM »

Salam,

This thread reminded me of at a recent Halaqah the Shaikh was speaking about the two kinds of love Allah has for His Creatures, one is for ALL His Creatures regardless of what they do or how they are. This Rahma is translated as Love, Mercy, Compassion for all creatures. A second type of Love or Hubb is only for those who obey Him.

So Allah does LOVE everyone. This isn't something different from other religions. But we must understand that Allah has special love for His Servants.

salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2011 02:19 PM »

I’ve been meaning to come back to this discussion, but subhanAllaah I’ve been so busy that I’ve only managed to come back now to try and address some of this. Inshaa’Allaah.

Just as an aside, I’m not entirely sure what meanings people are attaching to the words ‘love’ and ‘hate’.  If someone is meaning by these ‘acceptance’, then this is the position that my previous post in this thread is coming from.

Salam,
This thread reminded me of at a recent Halaqah the Shaikh was speaking about the two kinds of love Allah has for His Creatures, one is for ALL His Creatures regardless of what they do or how they are. This Rahma is translated as Love, Mercy, Compassion for all creatures. A second type of Love or Hubb is only for those who obey Him.

So Allah does LOVE everyone. This isn't something different from other religions. But we must understand that Allah has special love for His Servants.

I think what your shaykh was referring to was Allaah's Attribute of Mercy.  The Name of Allaah ‘Ar-Rahman’, which means the One Who shows Mercy to the believers and disbelievers in this dunya, but only to the believers in the Hereafter.  The Name ar-Raheem means the One Who shows Mercy to the believers in the Hereafter. So yes Allaah is Merciful to the disbelievers in this world only.  Maybe this is what you meant by saying ‘Allaah does love everyone’?

I would think that Allah, who is all Merciful would hate the non muslims beliefs and actions because of that belief, but as for hating them as a person, I am not sure because non muslims can have good qualities/character despite their incorrect beliefs.

Again, as long as one doesn’t have the correct belief, their good qualities/character don't/doesn’t amount to much.  This is the case even if such a person does a lot of good deeds, helps people a lot, etc, and one such proof for this is the hadith related by ibn Hibbaan, in that one among the relatives of Lady Aisha used to help the people a lot, and died as a blasphemer. Lady Aisha told the Prophet that this relative used to do such and such, he used to help the people a lot, would this benefit him in the Hereafter?  The Prophet answered No, because this man didn’t believe in the Resurrection, i.e. he was not a believer.  

We can not look at someone and know if they will enter the gates of paradise, Muslim or Christians.[/u]

Yes we can because in the Qur'aan and in the hadith both Allaah and His Prophet have told us what it means to be a believer and what it means to be a disbeliever, so that we can differentiate between belief and kufr, and to make sure that we are properly guided.  And the religion states that it is only the Muslims, the believers, who will go to Paradise.

So, He may forgive others because despite practicing another religion they have embraced the heart of submission.

In Surah al-Imran it says what means: 'O Muhammad, tell them to obey Allah and His Prophet by believing in Allaah and His Prophet.  If they refuse, tell them then they will be judged as blasphemers and they wouldn’t be accepted by Allaah.'  This verse is a proof that whoever does not believe in Allaah and His Messenger, such a person is not a believer/Muslim and such a person is not accepted by Allaah because of his blasphemy.  In the same surah it later goes on to say: 'And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.'

For one to say ‘despite practicing another religion they have embraced the heart of submission’, this doesn’t work, because in order for one to submit, in order for one’s worship to be accepted, one has to know whom One is worshipping, as stated by Imam az-Ghazzaliyy.  Therefore if someone believes that God has a son, or God has a partner, then one hasn’t submitted to begin with, because this goes against the fundamentals of Islaam, such as Allaah Exists without a partner; He does not resemble the creation in any way, so He is not a man; He does not beget children, etc, etc.

There are various religious texts which show over and over again that the obligation on all creation is to have the correct belief in Allaah (and His Prophets) and that we are ordered to worship Him.  If someone was to say that Allaah ‘Loves’ blasphemers (with a meaning other than that He is Merciful to them in this world) this would be in direct contradiction to what the religion states. If Allaah ’Loves’/Accepts the blasphemers, then why are they threatened with torture and punishment both in the grave and in Hellfire, why does it say in the religion that such a person will have no good deeds on the Day of Judgement, and why is that such a person will remain in Hellfire forever?  

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2011 12:07 AM »

I really think this is a question we can speculate on for a long time but in the end, only Allah know best who he loves and hates, if he hates, and why.

I remember reading the only thing that is un forgiveable is associating partners with Allah, so maybe those who do are "hated".

I also think that we can only just be as good as we can in terms of following Islam, but we cant determine whether or not someone elses life is "loved" or "hated"... Its just not our place to judge others in that way.

Inshallah we will all try hard to be good muslims and be loved by Allah.
Akram
Bro

Akram has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 2012 08:11 AM »

I want to know does Allah hate those who are not Muslims. I realise the word dislike is used in the quran but a friend of mine said that Allah hates disbelievers which upset me because I can't imagine Allah hating. Please reply with references not opinions because I want to know true answer.

Allah hates them those who disbelieve in him and hates them more those who believes in him but don't do the work as they say or promise to Allah.Decay of them is must those who get Allahs merchy and refused to do lead a better life next.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: