Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Such stuff as dreams are made of...interpreted by Ibn Sireen.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket World Cup  (Read 3643 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #25 on: Apr 01, 2011 08:24 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I can almost taste the jelabis and gulab jumans already Wink

I wouldn't get carrried away, however, Sri Lanka are an excellent side and their batsmen can be brutal so it may well be a close final.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #26 on: Apr 03, 2011 06:10 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Well done to India, they really did hold their nerve and are worthy winners!!

Like the football world cup, I think the best team won in the end.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #27 on: Apr 03, 2011 07:25 AM »

Salaaams!!!!!!

(OK, iwas trying to log in to Madina several times yesterday, and it wasn't working, so thus, the late post)

Wow, I was studying at my friend's house, but we checked the scores a few times and when I saw Sri Lanka's innings, and that they had reached 274, I was a bit scared that it would be a tough target to reach. When I got home, there were still 98 balls left and I Think about 100 runs were needed, so it seemed doable.

I felt that as long as it was around a 1:1 ratio, we could do it. India kept getting those singles and doubles, so they were taking it calmly and being steady. I think as it got down to 30 balls, it was clear that we were headed to victory barring any silly mistakes!

Before I went to sleep, I saw how YouTube was suddenly flooded with videos of jubilant scenes in Mumbai . . . amazing!!!!!

So happy for India, especially Sachin - how happy was that man!!!! A win after 28 years since the last one.

Very cool to have seen this!

Yup, best team won - cool and steady wins the race.

So, next Madina meet-up that I can attend:

BABA
 desibro desibro desibro
PS I was really happy yesterday, but feeling tired/stressed too. Stupid school!

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #28 on: Apr 03, 2011 11:06 AM »

salam

Luckily I'm on my way out, I'm going to have to pick up mithai on my travels. Those look amazing (is their a drooling emoticon anywhere?)!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #29 on: Apr 03, 2011 06:03 PM »

Salaams Sr. Fozia - I just grabbed these from Google of course, but we do get jalebi here in Prague, at the Halal shop which isn't too far from here. I used to like jalebi very much as a child, but its too sweet for me these days, but that is the character of most desi sweets of course!

Yes, Sis J needs to install a drooling emoticon, but for now, I think this will have to suffice:  hungry hungry hungry hungry

BABA
 desibro

PS I think a Homer Simpson drool emoticon would be cool, but I guess we have to stick with these little people that we have, but that would still be cool. Make it happen Sis Jannah!!!! Listen to your people's demands! hahahhaha

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: