Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 19, 2014 01:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: The dhulan doth protest too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facial piercings  (Read 5890 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« on: Mar 28, 2011 12:39 PM »

salam

Soooo I got my nose pierced, does anyone know how long it takes for the piercing to heal?

It doesn't hurt per say, but I aggravate it everytime I make wudu, and it is getting irritating when I want to make wudu, it gets in the way!
Also I wanna change the stud to a teeny diamond! And a ring on weekends

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2011 09:43 PM »

Give it a few weeks. I had my belly button done years ago and it took about 2 weeks. But I am sure that is because of pants and stuff. But your nose you tend to touch more than you would an ear, so I assume it would take just as long as a belly button.

Good luck "Smiley

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2011 11:16 PM »

I used to have one... it was perfectly fine for 8 months... took a week to heal. then it got infected, and i just let it go. make sure you clean it every week with an alcohol swab... i think the nose can get germy and stuff..
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2011 01:06 PM »

salam

You guys are so cool!!!!

I can handle a week I think, but seriously it might go yuck eight months down the line!!!! Nooooo

The stud actually fell out yesterday and I panicked, I'm not going back to the jewlers to get it redone (it was a moment of recklessness), and yet I am unwilling to walk around with a hole in my face if there's no jewellery filling it!!!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2011 02:22 PM »

its surprising that u did not have a nose piercing considering its so compulsorily traditional in the sub continent and u are originally from india  Smiley. I had mine when i was getting married. it took a little more tahn a week to become normal. But it was pierced with a silver wire and the same wire was turned around and tied. I had to apply craem (any skin cream) and move the wire with its help. because it was a wire instead of stud it did not accumulate sweat or dust. also the wire (ring) is thinner tahn stud so it was less painful. Later on when the piercing becomes normal one can always put something thicker and it won't hurt much. The second thing i replaced the wire with was my full size, heavy and quiet thick bridal nath and did not hurt much.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2011 03:01 PM »

salam

I'm born and bred in England, the girls in my family chose for themselves to get their noses pierced, the ones in England mostly haven't, my cousins in india have. It's a cultural thing I suppose.

It really was a moment of madness. I woke up on Saturday and decided to get my nose pierced & I did!

But wow, your bridal nathni must have been heavy, how did you cope? I intend on wearing a teeny tiny stud, nothing heavy as I don't want tear my nostril (ok feel ill just thinking about that)

Wassalaam

rabid9682

Reputation Power: 0
rabid9682 has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2011 12:14 AM »

Hi Sisters,

Why is it okay to have facial piercings. Doesn't that cause attention to yourself?
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2011 10:30 AM »

salam

I guess it is considered an adorment, however speaking perosanlly nobody has even noticed I have my nose pierced, the stud is tiny, I dont think it's drawing any more attention than I usually do, but then I dont look into peoples faces as a general rule, so wouldn't know.

Wassalaam

peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2011 02:24 PM »

@sr. rabid: This bothered me  a great deal some time back. But i guess it comes in the class of "what must ordinarily appear". Thisis what i have justified my self with because my nose is already pierced.
rabid9682

« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2011 04:39 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I know noticed alot of arabic/muslim woman started wearing them so, I just wanted to make sure it was okay because I was also thinking about getting one.  Smiley
Nadimah86
Sis

Nadimah86 has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 2011 09:55 PM »

Before I reverted,I had my tongue pierced,regretted it as soon as I had it done & after I swallowed the barbell thing by accident I didn't replace it..It was all the fashion then. niqabisis
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Apr 13, 2011 09:56 AM »

salam

OMG you swallowed the barbell???  Shocked Shocked Shocked How, in your sleep, or it just came lose and before you knew it you had ingested it!

See he reason I couldnt have a tongue piercing is because I've heard of so many scary stories, one guy swallowed his tongue piercing (as you did Sr Nadimah), and a few days later he had a car accident where his face got smashed and he had huge injuries to his mouth and tongue, it would have been doubly horrendous had he had a tongue piercing in.....

Wassalaam

Nadimah86
Sis

Nadimah86 has no influence :(

« Reply #12 on: Apr 13, 2011 10:26 AM »

salam

OMG you swallowed the barbell???  Shocked Shocked Shocked How, in your sleep, or it just came lose and before you knew it you had ingested it!

See he reason I couldnt have a tongue piercing is because I've heard of so many scary stories, one guy swallowed his tongue piercing (as you did Sr Nadimah), and a few days later he had a car accident where his face got smashed and he had huge injuries to his mouth and tongue, it would have been doubly horrendous had he had a tongue piercing in.....

Something more stuupid than that Sr...I was twirling it around my mouth by moving my tongue & it sort of came loose & I swallowed it before I knew it! Embarrassed

Wassalaam
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Apr 13, 2011 11:01 AM »

salam

Gosh, that could have ended badly! Alhumdulillah you didn't choke. I guess tongue piercings can't be totally secured into place and prone to move about.

Wassalaam

rabid9682

« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2011 09:18 PM »

Is it Haram to get your belly button pierced?
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #15 on: Apr 29, 2011 11:44 PM »

Salams,

Is it Haram to get your belly button pierced?

I think not. And I think it would be a good attraction for one's hubby!

But I personally find eyebrow and nose piercing a bit too much actually... The idea of having a hole in one's face puts me off and thats why I never voted in favor of wifey getting her nose pierced... and she didnt to date despite of wanting to do it so many times.

I think married people should consult their spouse before any sort of piercing or change in outlook. This would not only give us a good honest opinion but would also add to the affection in our relationship.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Apr 30, 2011 07:22 AM »

salam

As far as I've been told apart from nose & ears other piercings are not allowed.

Sis I'd consult an imam or something before going ahead. Everything I've read states no, altho I have friends with various piercings as far as I know it's not allowed.

Wassalaam

blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011 11:13 AM »

I've had my belly button pierced back in the days, don't see anything wrong with it. But yeah ask your imam and read stuff. These things should not be made a big deal. I would be careful about the belly as I heard it was the dirtiest part of the body. Just check and make sure the health issues as well. Which can help you deal with the Islamic issue as well inshAllah.

salaam
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011 03:02 PM »

salam

I think navel piercings take time to heal because it's constantly irritated by clothing. It does look incredibly cool tho, and I would have my navel pierced except I'm too chicken and according to wgat I've been told its not allowed.

Besides which ladies, if you're going to have children you're going to have to remove that particular piercing anyway.

I have a friend with snake bite piercing, and she has a tiny diamond stud in it and it looks beautiful, I would have that too....actually I think it's just as well we have rulings against pierrcings everywhere 'cos I'd get carried away.........

Wassalaam

blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011 04:18 AM »

actually I think my navel healed quicker than the nose for sure
The people who say navel is not allowed, also say nose is not allowed as well from what I know..
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011 08:38 AM »

salam

That's what I meant, I reckon nose piercings are harder to keep clean than navel ones. I wouldn't have thought navels were particularly dirty.

Dunno about Islamic rulings, I personally was told nose & ears fine anywhere else not! Anyone wanting an Islamic ruling should ask someone of knowledge.

Wassalaam

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: