// Texas
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: 'The adab to look at the creation is to see the Creator behind the creation'- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas  (Read 6160 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Apr 05, 2011 02:33 PM »

Salams & Howdy y'all  cowboy !

I'm currently in Texas right now. Was trying to put up some pics but currently don't have photoshop Sad Sux to try to resize them. Also our internet blew out yesterday! There was some kind of huge storm with hail and all. So now I'm using the nearby Mosque's internet from a corner of the house lol. Allrightey just checking in. Will write some of my impressions of this place as well soon.

ws
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2011 05:15 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

There was some kind of huge storm with hail and all

Hang on, I thought going down South was supposed to put an end to all the wintry weather Huh?

I never realised we had a cowboy smiley, Sr Jannah is obviously going native!! Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2011 02:27 PM »

Yes I was definitely trying to escape the cold! It was cold for a few days but alhamdulillah now it's like 70s and 80s everyday gorgeous weather1!1!

Here's a few pics:

These are in and around College Station. Home of Texas A & M University. Just outside the city there are a ton of beautiful ranches with horses and cows.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2011 02:31 PM »

These are from when we went to Houston. A mosque, a few restaurants and the skyline.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2011 02:35 PM »

These are some locals pics of near where I am right now in East Texas. We also caught a wild rabbit in the chicken coup in the backyard!! Very exciting ;0

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2011 02:49 PM »

we had a huge storm with hail, which is apparently common here. An old plantation house nearby which is now a restaurant and pics from a nearby lake.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2011 02:57 PM »

Lastly, we went to the famous Tyler Rose garden, which has tons of varieties of roses. Not all were in bloom but many were and sooo gorgeous subhanAllah!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2011 02:59 PM »

More from the Rose Gardens

...and kitty sleeping with teddy Smiley
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #8 on: Apr 09, 2011 01:41 AM »

salam

great shots masha'ALlah.  I especially like the one with the trees and the path in the rain.  if you blow that up and print it on canvas (at walmart or costco) , it can be a lovely wall hanging.

take care
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #9 on: Apr 09, 2011 02:00 AM »

Awwww...  Is that your kitty?  I love kitties!  I'll have to post pictures of my babies one of these days....
Hey....we need a pet page!  We can all post pictures of our pets...

akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #10 on: Apr 09, 2011 06:07 AM »

beautiful Smiley
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Apr 09, 2011 09:45 AM »

maasha Allah! sooooooo lovely
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #12 on: Apr 09, 2011 05:34 PM »

subhanallah...what lovely locations....
what would heaven be like??
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #13 on: Apr 12, 2011 06:38 PM »

Salaams - Super beautiful shots Sis J - loving the water/nature shots and I absolutely love all sunset pictures - you snapped an awesome one ma'sha'allah.

As for the storm - that region is known for some real nasty ones- I have spent some time Oklahoma and I was always afraid a tornado would rip through (have a fascination with those, but just don't to be there when one strikes).

OK, awesome rose garden, but I gotta say, our (Portland's) International Rose Test Garden could give that one a good fight (also please see my profile page for roses from our backyard  Grin sorry for the self-promotion). http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/finder/index.cfm?PropertyID=1113&action=ViewPark

Wow, wild rabbit - awwww, but rabbits are so soft and stuff (ok, I know that sounds girly, but I can't imagine eating rabbit, but I know people do)

The mosque is beautiful and though it doesn't hold good memories (during my dad's illness), I seem to recognize the roadway in Houston you've posted, but that could be semi-wishful thinking . . .it's so humid there isn't it?
Love the water shots - I actually love being on the water (in a boat of course) - went fishing once (nice pic of the fishy, btw) before coming to Prague, really enjoyable . . .

OMG, the food looks YUMMY!!!!! That buffet looks to die for, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Thanks for sharing the pictures Sis J

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
friendlyandgeeky

Reputation Power: 0
friendlyandgeeky has no influence :(

« Reply #14 on: Apr 12, 2011 07:01 PM »

Yes I was definitely trying to escape the cold! It was cold for a few days but alhamdulillah now it's like 70s and 80s everyday gorgeous weather1!1!

Here's a few pics:

These are in and around College Station. Home of Texas A & M University. Just outside the city there are a ton of beautiful ranches with horses and cows.

Love the sunset picture here! I don't know, I just feel that pictures are more beautiful when you know who they are taken by, for some reason

Learn Arabic online at www.learn-how-to-speak-arabic.com, if you want the very best course teaching how to learn Arabic.
UmmZahrah
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
UmmZahrah has no influence :(

Rabbi Inni Lima Anzalta Illaya Min Khayrin Faqeer.

« Reply #15 on: Apr 13, 2011 06:16 PM »

Assalamu Alykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Masha'Allah you could take such amazing and breath taking photos !! I didn't know texas is this beautiful Mahsa'allah.

Just curious.... what kind of camera did you use? Smiley Smiley

Jazackillahu khyran. Smiley

PrayTheFajr
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Apr 14, 2011 12:44 AM »

Thanx for all the comments!!!

I took this last night from the Mosque parking lot. Probably one of the best pictures I've taken!! My camera btw is a Nikon DSLR40 It's excellent in outside light especially!!

WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #17 on: Apr 14, 2011 04:57 PM »

omA - THAT IS A GORGEOUS SHOT TO SAY THE LEAST!!!  subh

Indeed, that must be one of the best shots you've taken!! Awesomeness!

Wow, fancy shmancy camera you got there Sis J!!! (All I've got is a Powershot A610 . . but I'm not jealous . . . "want what you have" my abba would say)

Again sunset pics just rock!!!! Love both that are in this thread!

BABA
 desibro

Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #18 on: Apr 17, 2011 11:40 PM »

Assalamu alaykum,

Subhanallah, truly beautiful! I really enjoyed looking at your pics sis Jannah!

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Apr 24, 2011 03:55 AM »

wsalam,

thanx for ur comments!! Smiley

here are some more random pictures... we went on this 'azalea trail' which is a driving trail of houses that all have beautiful azalea gardens. one received the "best in show" prize and had these girls in victorian costume which was really cute! Oh and we also went to the zoo!
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011 05:19 PM »

Really nice Pictures:) Makes me almost sort of want to go take a trip to Texas. Last and only time I was in Texas (houston) I was stuck in the UTMB medical complex. Sure wasnt much to look at....
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011 08:44 AM »

Salam alaikum

Wow Jannah, such loevely pictures...who knew Texas was so pwettyyy Wink

And that last one...no no no...you cant settle for seeing a giraffe and an elephant in a zoo? park?  oldshaykh(however cute they do look, mashaAllah).  For African animals, you have to see them in AFRICA! *hint* *hint*-wayy better believe me.

Happy travels, and thanks for sharing!
Salam
S. purplehijabisis
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011 09:37 PM »

wsalam,

it did surprise me that there was so much to do there! lala next time u need to venture outside the hospitals!! shahida they even have a drive in safari somewhere lol. i'm sure still not on par with south africa! definitely would love to see the real africa one day inshaAllah.
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011 07:58 PM »

Wow, Sis J, beautiful pics! Love the one looking down the road with the trees framing it and omA, BIRDIES! They are so colorful! Love it! Where was that?  - Texas I know, lol, but at a farm or ?

BABA
 desibro

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: