// i owe someone money
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Moderation: The Prophet said: 'The religion (of Islam) is easy. No one ever made it difficult without it becoming too much for him. So avoid extremes and strike a balance, do the best you can and be cheerful, and seek Allah's help (through prayer) in the morning, and evening, and part of the night.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i owe someone money  (Read 1783 times)
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« on: Apr 05, 2011 05:36 PM »

okay actually... i owe 2 people money...

both of them are people who worked for me as house cleaners. they totally ran away and i have tried my hardest to locate them, but i can't find either. i still have hope that one of them will show up to pick her money up, but the other one like literally fell off the face of the planet. (more like figuratively.. but you know what i mean) .. even the guy who hooked me up with her has refused to admit he even knows who she is... he looks at me like i'm crazy, ' i don't know who you're talking about' ...

weird twilight zone-ish feeling i get about her. anyway, i owe her a month's pay - which is quite a bit of money, but it's been almost 2 and a half years since she disappeared. any ideas what i should do with the money?
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2011 09:43 PM »

try to find their families. don't give it away to someone else.

allah will reward you a trillion times over for your perseverance.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2011 08:24 AM »

salam

If you have no joy finding her immediately I'd keep the moeny aside with the intention to pay them as soon as you find them.

If they ever cross your path give them the money.

Perhaps pay next cleaner on a weekly basis, saves on the headache!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2011 10:16 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Probably a scenario where a proper fiqh opinion is needed to ensure no rights are impinged.

However, this thread did remind of the following story which is probably one of my all time favourite hadiths:

'Abdullah b. 'Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said:

Three persons set out on a journey. They were overtaken by rain and they had to find protection in a mountain cave where at its mouth there fell a rock of that mountain and thus blocked them altogether.

One of them said to the others: Look to your good deeds that you performed for the sake of Allah and then supplicate Allah, the Exalted, that He might rescue you (from this trouble).

One of them said: O Allah, I had my parents who were old and my wife and my small children also. I tended the flock and when I came back to them in the evening, I milked them (the sheep, goats, cows, etc.) and first served that milk to my parents. One day I was obliged to go out to a distant place in search of fodder and I could not come back before evening and found them (the parents) asleep. I milked the animals as I used to milk and brought milk to them and stood by their heads avoiding to disturb them from sleep and I did not deem it advisable to serve milk to my children before serving them.

My children wept near my feet. I remained there in that very state and my parents too until it was morning. And (O Allah) if Thou art aware that I did this in order to seek Thine pleasure, grant us riddance from this trouble. (The rock slipped a bit) that they could see the sky.

The second one said: O Allah, I had a female cousin whom I loved more than the men love the women. I wanted to have sexual intercourse with her; she refused but on the condition of getting one hundred dinirs. It was with very great difficulty that I could collect one hundred dinirs and then paid them to her and when I was going to have a sexual intercourse with her, that she said: Servant of Allah, fear Allah and do not break the seal (of chastity) but by lawful means. I got up.

O Allah, if Thou art aware that I did this in order to seek Thine pleasure, rid us from this trouble. The situation was somewhat eased for them.

The third one said: Allah, I employed a workman for a measure of rice. After he had finished his work I gave him his dues (in the form of) a measure of rice, but he did not accept them. I used these rice as seeds, and that gave a bumper crop and I became rich enough to have cows and flocks (in my possession). He came to me and said: Fear Allah, and commit no crueltv upon me in regard to my dues. I said to him: Takeaway this flock of cows and sheep.

He said: Fear Allah and do not make a fun of me.

I said: I am not making a fun of you. You take the cows and the flocks. So he took them.

O Allah, if Thou art aware that I did it for Thine pleasure, case the situation for us.

And Allah relieved them from the rest of the trouble

[Muslim]

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2011 05:41 PM »

once i hired a cycle rickshaw (its a man drawn , two seater vehicle). half way through for some reason i had to divert it. When we raeched my final destination, rickshaw puller and i had a disagreement over the fare because of the diversion. I felt the diversion was not so much as he is asking for  and gave him fare according to what i deemed fit and left rudely even as he was angrily trying to put his point. Upon reaching home i reconsidered and came to the conclusion that perhaps the rickshaw-puller was right. Over come by guilt i ran to the rickshaw stand. He was not there. He was wearing bright orange pygamas...i kept looking for him each time i went outside. He was never found and I never gave him his dues. May Allah forgive me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: