Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Do not sit long with a sad friend. When you go to a garden, do you look at the weeds? Spend more time with the roses and jasmines. (taken into context) -Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay couple 'removed from Soho pub for kissing'  (Read 1178 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« on: Apr 15, 2011 09:44 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Besides the whole gay element to this story, this incident reminded me of our whole PDA discussion and how society seems to be moving in terms of what is socially acceptable.

Gay couple 'removed from Soho pub for kissing'

A man has told of how he was ordered to leave a central London pub after a staff member objected to him kissing a man he was on a date with.

James Bull, 23, said he and Jonathan Williams, 26, were thrown out of the John Snow on Broadwick Street, Soho.

Mr Bull said he was "shaking" after a woman claiming to be the pub's landlady removed them for being "obscene".

The Metropolitan Police are investigating the incident, while the John Snow pub is yet to comment.

Samuel Smith's brewery, the owner of the pub, declined to comment on the incident.

'Felt dirty'

"I felt belittled. I felt physically sick and we were both shaking," said Mr Bull, a charity worker from Kentish Town in north London.

"It made me feel dirty. I've never experienced anything like this before."

Mr Bull said a man claiming to be the pub's landlord first raised objection to their kissing shortly after 2145 BST.

"We were kissing and a guy who claimed to be the landlord came over and told us to stop. I don't want to see that. It offends me," he said.

"We had just kissed. It was nothing obscene. He said if we didn't tone it down, we would have to leave.

"We were going to finish our drinks and leave but another person at the bar said the man had no right to do that."

'Venom and anger'

Jamie Morton, 23, from Canary Wharf, who witnessed the incident, said: "I was really shocked. I said: 'That's outrageous - you can't say that.'"

Mr Bull said: "We had another drink and, getting up to leave, I gave Jonathan a quick peck on the lips."

"A woman claiming to be the landlady came over and said: 'You need to leave, you're being obscene.'"

"The man who said he was the landlord grabbed Jonathan by the collar before we left."

Mr Morton said: "It was shocking and aggressive. There was a lot of venom and anger inflicted on these polite guys who were were genuinely doing nothing wrong at all."

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "Police are investigating an incident which occurred at approximately 2250 BST on Wednesday at a venue in Broadwick Street, W1.

"There have been no arrests and inquiries are ongoing."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13087715

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2011 10:26 AM »

salam

That is truly bizarre behaviour for a publican in Soho!

Wassalaaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2011 03:40 PM »

Yeah too much pda if you ask me... hetero or homo... but it seems like this couple wants to make a point about it. Why do it when you know you are going to offend half a pub? Kinda scary though if intimate pda is a "right" protected by laws. There's a hadith that says ppl will be openly having relations in front of everyone in public one day!! Will this be a "right' protected one day too? Yikes... reminds me of the Dubai beach incidents. At least they had the nerve to say enough is enough keep it private!
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2011 04:03 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

There's a hadith that says ppl will be openly having relations in front of everyone in public one day!!

That is exactly what first sprang to mind when I heard this story.

As someone suggested to me earlier, at least Muslims have the decency to get a room!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2011 07:50 AM »

BrKhalid... you would THINK muslims have the decency to get a room... but I have tons of muslims on my fb openly posing with their boyfriends and girlfriends in very intimate poses, nearly kissing, or lying down on the grass together, or hugging while wearing very skimpy swimwear. yikes

A world in which the niqaab is offensive and illegal and public kissing (and much more in some places) is encouraged... madness..

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2011 07:40 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

A world in which the niqaab is offensive and illegal and public kissing (and much more in some places) is encouraged...madness..

I couldn't agree more, it reminds me of that Hadith which says Islam started as something strange and at the end of time it will once again become something strange.

As for fb pics, I think it should be standard procedure for someone who wishes to get married to take a look at their prospective spouse's fb page (or in some instances their alternate fb page!!)

Sometimes a ''good opinion once lost is lost forever'' to quote the words of certain fictional English gent!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: