Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single muslim man is in want of a muslim wife.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tyagi Sir - English Coaching  (Read 1754 times)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« on: Apr 20, 2011 03:28 PM »

Best Spoken English Class With Tyagi Sir----Must Watch.flv

A clip from the movie "Phas Gaye re Obama"
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2011 04:33 AM »

Salam bro,
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy this clip is so funny. I've noticed it's been on the satellite channels here lots of times, but never had an inkling to watch it. Now I might!

Super!

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2011 04:40 AM »

It has a couple of messages in it, one, it shows how desperate people are to move out of India, and another, how wrong they are when they think that just by going to the west they're gonna start earning money by the truckloads Smiley
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2011 04:48 AM »

I've watched loadsa films like that... Where people are desperate to leave India. Then they finally get to move to US or UK & they let their families believe that they are making hundreds of  crore rupees... They send all their income to family back home... Cos they're "binnis man", when in fact they're driving a cab or working in a grocery shop. They're struggling with likesharing 10 to an apartment. It's sad actually.  Sad

akhan
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2011 06:17 AM »

Well,I would love to leave India as well, it's getting kinda frustrating over here Smiley
But, under the circumstances that those binnis men (loved that movie) are, I wouldn't do it if I were one of them.
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2011 07:57 AM »

Yeh, seriously... People who want their citizenship in these countries should think about what it means to leave behind quite a nice life back home. Yeh, you get good healthcare, more £$, but money isn't everything. People forget that Allah will provide their Rizq. Whatever we're meant to have in this life, we will. Even in UK, people start dabbling in ventures that are not Halal.  My question is why? Why do it to yourself? Seriously, is it worth it? We should all have more trust in Allah. He should be sufficient for us. 

I always think back home, the life is so much simpler & nicer. You're part of the rat race in UK. 

I loved that movie too! I didn't think I would, but I did too! :-)

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2011 10:28 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

People forget that Allah will provide their Rizq

Indeed, sometimes we focus to much on the extent of our provision instead of worrying about where we obtain it from and how we spend it.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2011 01:13 PM »

salam

My experience of Arabs, is that they're very racist. yeah I get treated marginally better for the colour of my passport, however the white folk are treated like dieties!

I'd also double check the Saudi regulations, they have rather bizarre rules for non residents. Check their education system, would your kids be allowed to study to degree level there? They used to have really tough stance towards non residents....might have changed.

And they change their rules regarding non residents very often.

I wouldnt be comfortable where I might suddenly be kicked out for no real reason.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2011 05:08 PM »

salam,

people live in the west because they are hoping for better lives for their children. they hope to do dawah and influence the rest of the world. they hope to have a better quality of life. i mean look at the amount of poverty and corruption and misery among Muslims. there are millions of muslims that live very hard everyday lives and can only afford the very basics of life. while yes, muslim countries have halal food and islamic schools, so does the west in most urban areas. even where i am currently in rural texas there is a mosque, halal food and islamic school. no one is preventing anyone from practicing their deen. personal ibadah of course is not all of islam and things are definitely more convenient in a muslim country but i'd argue that they also do not have the freedom to practice islam to the fullest either. the west has less corruption and some amount of democracy and laws that at least on the face of it protect people's general human rights. this is on the average not including the muslims that get targeted and rounded up of course. but it is true that those who move here should be very careful about educating their children and making sure at every step they are ensuring their islam.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2011 08:25 PM »

umm...I am aware of the poverty and misery that Muslims face in Muslim countries and I guess that's why they have an ongoing revolution. And for sure, the west provides a better quality of life etc etc..whatever you said is true. I agree you people have more human rights,lesser corruption while people are being slaughtered in Libya and my heart goes out to them, it's all true. But, whatever I said is just a matter of personal preference. I lived in Saudi and I feel that I can lead a much more contented life than I can in India or in the west, it's just about that. At the moment, this is just a wish and a dream, will it come true? Allahu'alam. And I didn't mean to offend anybody or anything, I just wrote what I think is the best for me, doesn't have to apply to anyone. Peace Smiley
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #10 on: Apr 22, 2011 09:25 PM »

salam

Br Akhan, that's what worries me that non-natives can't study to college level, that used to be the case when I was thinking of moving out there, I value education very highly and then if one is bringing up ones kids there to have to suddenly up sticks and come back because of their education, it would be very unsettling.

On the other hand, I agree totally the advantage of working as an expat there is pretty good monetary wise, and of course being near the harram there's nothing like that and waking to the sound of the adhan.....

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #11 on: Apr 22, 2011 09:41 PM »

Salams,

umm...I am aware of the poverty and misery that Muslims face in Muslim countries and I guess that's why they have an ongoing revolution. And for sure, the west provides a better quality of life etc etc..whatever you said is true. I agree you people have more human rights,lesser corruption while people are being slaughtered in Libya and my heart goes out to them, it's all true. But, whatever I said is just a matter of personal preference. I lived in Saudi and I feel that I can lead a much more contented life than I can in India or in the west, it's just about that. At the moment, this is just a wish and a dream, will it come true? Allahu'alam. And I didn't mean to offend anybody or anything, I just wrote what I think is the best for me, doesn't have to apply to anyone. Peace Smiley

I agree with your posts in this thread bro. Most of my hobo friends who are working in different western countries around the world, and I hold the same view.

-me.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #12 on: Apr 23, 2011 02:11 AM »

salam

Br Akhan, that's what worries me that non-natives can't study to college level, that used to be the case when I was thinking of moving out there, I value education very highly and then if one is bringing up ones kids there to have to suddenly up sticks and come back because of their education, it would be very unsettling.

It's not that difficult to move out after high school, I've got friends whose parents(by that I mean both) still live in Saudi but the kids have gone back to their home country(or some other one) for college and MashAllah they've done well and some have even gone back to Saudi to work Smiley. And academically it won't be that difficult, for eg, if you happen to move there you're kids can go to a British school and then go back home for college, they won't have  a tough time adjusting between different education systems.
In any case, I guess it's all personal here, depends on one's own adaptability, priorities and the will to make things work in any situation.

Hard2Hit - Gimme a hi5. I guess we're on the same boat coz we're both from the subcontinent. All the other western folks found some fault or the other in those plans of mine...lol
Admin
Administrator

Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 2011 02:31 AM »

peace be upon you

I deleted some non-relevant posts in this thread. Let's stay on topic please and avoid personal attacks on others. JazakAllah khair.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #14 on: Apr 23, 2011 07:35 PM »

peace be upon you

I deleted some non-relevant posts in this thread. Let's stay on topic please and avoid personal attacks on others. JazakAllah khair.

Thanks for the arm twisting, it did seem like things were gonna get nasty..Jzk Smiley
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #15 on: Apr 25, 2011 12:02 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Living in Saudi can be a very different experience depending if you are married or single, live in more western minded Jeddah or more conservative Riyadh.

If on top of that, you happen to be a woman, it can be even more complicated!!!

There should be no qualms in accepting people's personal preferences, however, as long as nothing is being breached from an Islamic perspective.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: