Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 25, 2014 12:32 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: The dhulan doth protest too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding...EEK!!!  (Read 1450 times)
Nadimah86
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Nadimah86 has no influence :(

« on: Apr 23, 2011 12:36 AM »

Asalamalakum.. are

I have a quandry...I've been invited to a wedding for a friend,non Muslim,and they are from what I gather,serving food that might not be in line with a Muslim diet.I have heard that they may be thinking of a outdoor reception with a hog roast..(Mmmm..I used to love bacon as a non Muslim...but now)

How can I request something that is suited to me & avoid temptation....(of the bacon kind...lol)

HELP!!!

Naddy!
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2011 12:46 AM »

salam

In my experience English weddings tend to have a vegetarian option these days, ask the bride/groom depending on who your close too what veggie option they have.

And ermmm perhaps eat before going?

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2011 04:36 AM »

Salam sis,

I agree with what sis Fozia said. However there's usually a 'fish' option too, if that's your cup of tea.

And ermmm perhaps eat before going?

^ funny  Cheesy, but true! 

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: