Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

This is how the world ends, not with a bang, but a day of judgement.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ambassador calls for divorce  (Read 1608 times)
maryamarub
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
maryamarub has no influence :(

VERILY ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT

« on: Apr 26, 2011 06:01 AM »

Ambassador calls for divorce after veil-wearing Muslim bride reveals a beard and crossed eyes   Huh?
By Peter Allen
Last updated at 12:35 AM on 11th February 2010

An Arab ambassador called for an instant divorce after discovering his veil-wearing fiancée had a beard and was cross-eyed, it emerged today.
The would-be bride had hidden her face behind a Muslim niqab throughout their short courtship, meaning the diplomat had no idea what she looked like.
But as soon as the marriage was contract was signed in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, he tried to kiss her, before coming face-to-face with her hairy face and strange squint.
‘He was absolutely horrified,’ said a wedding guest.
‘The bride had a nice personality, but there was a good reason why she was hiding her looks behind a veil.
‘A divorce was inevitable, and the groom went straight to court leaving his new bride in floods of tears.’
The unnamed ambassador, who is in his 40s and has worked all over the world, including in Paris, told an Islamic Sharia court that he was tricked into the arranged marriage, Dubai's official government newspaper reported.
He claimed the woman’s parents sent his own mother and and father pictures of her far more attractive sister.
A legal source said: ‘Every time the couple met, the bride would do her best hide her entire face.
‘The woman, who is a physician, was very keen to marry him, as she had had very few suitors, even though she’s well into her 30s.’
Lawyers for the ambassador successfully called for the marriage to be annulled, but his demand for £100,000 to cover the cost of the wedding reception was rejected, following the conclusion of the case on Tuesday.
He had spent the money on food, drink, wedding cars and jewellery.
The ambassador’s legal team also made an application for the woman to be examined for hormonal deficiencies, but when she went to see a doctor nothing out of order was found.
‘She’s devastated by the entire experience,’ added the source.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1249922/Ambassador-calls-divorce-veil-wearing-bride-reveals-beard-crossed-eyes.html#ixzz1KZcYQIGq
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2011 07:52 AM »

I'd say the fault lies with both of them, with the Ambassador for not finding out who he was actually gonna marry and with the woman for hiding herself like that. How did she not think that there would be a high probability that he would divorce her as soon as he found out? On that note, I think the woman is a bigger fool than the man.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2011 09:58 AM »

salam

I feel sad for her, she's clearly desperate to be married, altho common sense must have told her she would be divorced as soon as her new husband saw her.

She's been punished enough dont you think, humiliated in international papers?

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2011 05:23 PM »

She's been punished enough dont you think, humiliated in international papers?

Obviously...I guess she now regrets that split second decision she made to cheat him.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2011 07:50 PM »

akhan I absolutley agree with your first post! But it seems like he was cheated. He thought she did look fine because they were sent a picture. If they sent a picture of the sister then I think it was completely the girls family 's fault. IF that is true.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2011 08:53 PM »

akhan I absolutley agree with your first post! But it seems like he was cheated. He thought she did look fine because they were sent a picture. If they sent a picture of the sister then I think it was completely the girls family 's fault. IF that is true.

How could be satisfied with just a picture is my question. Even if he was convinced that it was her picture, doesn't he know that pictures can be photoshopped(quite common in this part of the world)?

Anyway, I'd say he didn't use his head the way he should have and he paid for it. Yet, I do feel sorry for him. But, the woman can't be excused, she just plainly cheated him.
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2011 09:18 PM »

salam

It's so bizarre, I mean we can all see that there's never going ot be a happy ending for the owman and she will be humiliated if she attempts such a deception, yet she went ahead anyway.

How on earth did she imagine a married life begining like this could be anything but short lived and unhappy?

On the toher hand the newspaper that's running this article is very rightwing, so I'm assuming there must be more to this than they say. I cannot imagine any man marrying a woman without seeing her face at least, it's sunnah is it not?

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2011 08:52 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Here's another link to the same story.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/crime/man-claims-fiancee-hid-beard-under-niqab-1.580722

I'm not sure what the girl's parents were thinking of if they did send the husband pictures of the sister instead of her.

Whilst they may have had her best interests at heart, in this instant they may have well overstepped a mark.

It does beg the question, however, that sometimes even parents need to be brought to check when deciding upon a suitable suitor for their unmarried children.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2011 10:08 AM »

salam

I found the comments on your link Br Khalid far more informative than the actual article!

Wassalaam

blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2011 09:05 AM »

Yes the Sunnah is to look but many men are usually content with a picture. That is not uncommon at all. So he probably did the same. That is probably what he has seen everyone else do and for him a picture would be enough. I can't fault him in that. I can only fault the people who cheated him if they did not give the right picture. I'm assuming he is not a pig like the comments are putting him out to be or he wouldn't be just satisfied with a pic. People who are like that are never satisfied with just a picture, they want to see you from every angle. Trust me. I don't think its right to fault him as I see people doing in the comments. I think maybe if they hadn't cheated him it would n't have surprised him in such a bad way so badly.

salaam
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2011 09:21 AM »

salam

They're both at fault to varying degrees I suppose, altho the man is the initial injured party in this his susbsequent court actions wantign her to pay him in addition to returning his expenses and gifts was vindictive- I get he's angry but if he'd used his rights and gotten his mum or sister to look at the actual girl if he felt shy or was busy then this might have been avoided.

The woman is suffering a greater humiliation as she sought to deceive the man, I think they've both been punished enough, and now their social circles will know she has excessive facial hair and is cross eyed....whether this is true or not or the extent of the alleged affliction is beside the point. She has very little hope of a marriage now, and will be the subject of gossip and a figure of fun for a long time (how will she continue working?).

She's a doctor according to this article isn't she? So she's not stupid, why did she think she would be able to get away with it?
It wasn't a split second decision to cheat either, this deception was sustained over a period of time while the couple were courting and became engaged.

Nowt as queer as folk!

Wassalaam

lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011 04:28 AM »

it's difficult to believe that such an important person (an ambassador) would marry a woman without performing due diligence.

i have heard of things like this where a guy gets married to some random woman (usually filliipino, non-arab) who is more of a recreational wife (another addition to his harem) than a serious life-partner/mother-of-your-kids type wife.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: