Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Double, double toil and tazkiyah.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The royal wedding!!!  (Read 4648 times)
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011 11:51 AM »

Can't say I'm proud of this, but I have family back in Portland that are part of the Ahmadiyya sect. It's my khalu, though my khala doesn't believe in it. My cousins (the children) are liberal in general, but there is a Ahmadiyyah mosque in the Portland area and I used to go there since my uncle was the speaker at the time, but I knew they were different, etc. I didn't know it was THAT different at the time, but I've had to deal with this issue for quite some time and when marriages occur with that part of my family, there is always drama.

Anyways, yeah, some of the activities can be strange or out of the norm. Yes, they are very much in the line of the interfaith dialogues, as they try to show that they are pacifists and don't believe in violence at all, etc.

Anyways, maybe I'll write more later.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011 12:50 PM »

salam

Hats and fascinators are an integral part of British weddings and ermmmm Ascot ladies day (google it)!

Chelsy Davy's outfit was mocked in the media and to be fair she did look like she might have been hungover.....

Samcam, dunno what was going on with her, I think she just looked very mumsy, she obviously didn't want a very extravagant outfit, which is fair enough, but then she was attending a royal wedding!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011 04:21 AM »

So I hear people were arrested just for speaking out against the royal family.. I assume they were mad and the million s spent considering it comes from their tax money:/
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011 06:55 AM »

So I hear people were arrested just for speaking out against the royal family.. I assume they were mad and the million s spent considering it comes from their tax money:/

The wedding itself was paid for by them. The security and police etc though is on the tax payer!
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011 08:25 AM »

salam

There werent any protestors against the wedding itself. Parliament square was cleared of it's usual protestors (who have been protesting against a variety of legislation & government action for varying lenths if time), the square was cleared as the royal procession was going to go thro it.

Nobody actively dislikes Will & Kate as far as I can tell. Kate won't be getting an allowance from the public purse & Wills is going to continue his tour of duty.

Is weird how the media coverage differs over the world. There were lots of street parties here some celebrating the royal wedding & some protesting the monarchy (but at the end of the day everyone was partying).

I personally was ticked off at BBC for carefully showing only white revellers (because those are the only kind of English) , they quickly moved the camera away from a hijabbed muslimah doing kids face painting at a street party. As that's clearly not the image they want to portray of them mozlems now. A Muslim group actually felt compelled to do a press release stating they would not be protesting at the wedding!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011 10:16 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

You know what, I think you have to be here to understand the happiness. Central London was cleaned & decorated & we got an extra bank holiday (two three day weeks in a row).

I have to say I wondered if there would be that much of a party atmosphere but a combination of some really nice weather, days off work and a somewhat fairytale wedding seemed to pick up most people's spirits.

The one group that did cause headlines tried to behead some effigies in a park using a guillotine and were arrested because the police thought that was far too inflammatory.

Can you imagine the reaction if these guys had been Muslim instead of being white and middle class!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13234682

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011 05:18 AM »

Fozia some body posted videos on people being arrested a day before or the night before. People they knew who would protest. That is probably why you didn't see anyone actually because they were already arrested?:/ Don't know

hmm Their own money? They get a very large amount from the people from what I know.. maybe they put tha tin business and double it.. I know the prince does have a job.. Anyway I'm sure they are not against the prince or Kate in particular, it is just probably the whole royal thing. don't know .. just saying what i heard~
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011 10:44 AM »

salam

The arrests were people being moved from parliament square. Some people refused they got arrested. It really wasn't a big deal, I work in central London I would be aware if people were being arrested for picketing the wedding. I'm slap bang in the middle of the wedding prep (or rather was)!

The wedding was paid for by the Middletons and the Queen, the Queen owns a lot of property she gets income from the lease of building's she also gets an allowance from the public purse for public engagements.

The Middletons are millionaires in their own right they own an internet company 'Party pieces' I've used them in the past (didn't know who it belonged to then).

The cleaning up and the policing was paid for thro the public purse, however the cleaning was done by people facing public order sentences, they be cleaning up graffiti and rubbish anyway.

Nobody was prevented from demonstrating against the wedding, just not outside the abbey and the procession route, as it was filled to the brim with people celebrating and it would have been a huge public order risk.

People held republic street parties and street parties celebrating the wedding.

Everyone actually likes Wills and Kate, and the atmosphere overall was one of happiness and celebration, altho most English people had gone on holiday taking advantage of the consecutive bank holidays.

The english don't tend to do huge shows of public emotion, be that pissy or happy! Nobody was arrested for demonstrating against the wedding, nobody wanted to demonstrate agaisnt it, as we did not pay for it.

Wassalaam

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #33 on: Jun 17, 2011 03:57 PM »

Salams,

if u guys loved the hats at the royal wedding check these out  Wink

http://janitesonthejames.blogspot.com/2011/06/hats-at-royal-ascot-races-2011.html

here's one of them pretty eye opening lol

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #34 on: Oct 05, 2011 07:07 PM »

The dress!!

Kate's dress draws record crowds to the Palace as 600,000 flood to see her wedding outfit

On display: The Kate Middleton's wedding dress exhibition has attracted a record number of visitors to Buckingham Palace this summer

Buckingham Palace attracted a record number of visitors over the summer – with help from the Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding dress.

More than 600,000 members of the public passed through the doors of the Queen’s London residence, where the Sarah Burton-designed gown has been on display.

The £10million proceeds from the summer opening go towards the upkeep of the Royal Collection, comprised of paintings, furniture and antiques collected by monarchs over the past 500 years and held in trust by the Queen on behalf of the nation.

The palace has been opening its doors over the summer, while the Queen is on her annual holiday in the Scottish Highlands, since 1993.

This year it opened for 73 days, finally closing its doors on Monday.

Last year there were 413,000 visitors – with the previous record attendance of 420,000 in 1994.
Queue: Some of the 600,000 members of the public wait to enter the palace to see the gown

Queue: Some of the 600,000 members of the public wait to enter the palace to see the gown

Staff involved with the opening said their royal wedding exhibition had been a huge success.
Elegant: Kate wears the Sarah Burton-designed dress on her wedding day

Elegant: Kate wears the Sarah Burton-designed dress on her wedding day

The hurriedly prepared display – which opened less than three months after the couple’s big day – included Kate’s dress, tiara and shoes as well as part of her wedding cake and a replica bouquet.

Unfortunately it failed to meet the approval of the Queen.

During a private viewing of the exhibition with the Duchess, the monarch made clear she felt the way the dress was lit made it look rather ghostly, declaring it ‘horrid’ and ‘very creepy’.

But her comments clearly failed to stop royal watchers arriving in the droves.

A Royal Collection spokeswoman said: ‘We’ve enjoyed welcoming visitors from all over the world to the Palace in record numbers this summer – it has been an incredibly busy few months and we’re delighted that it’s been such a huge success.’
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #35 on: Oct 06, 2011 11:57 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

During a private viewing of the exhibition with the Duchess, the monarch made clear she felt the way the dress was lit made it look rather ghostly, declaring it ‘horrid’ and ‘very creepy’.

I actually have to agree with The Queen on this one!!

The presentation of the dress made it look you were going to be attacked by a ghostly bride with her head cut off!!

Not exactly four weddings and a funeral but more nightmare on elm street! Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #36 on: Oct 07, 2011 04:27 AM »

I actually have to agree with The Queen on this one!!

The presentation of the dress made it look you were going to be attacked by a ghostly bride with her head cut off!!

O REALLY Hmm I see bro quote guess you were one of the first one's in line that couldn't wait to see THE DRESS. MashaAllah.  Wink
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #37 on: Oct 07, 2011 07:32 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

How can this be considered anything else but ghastly? Wink

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/21/article-2017472-0D1B4F1500000578-65_634x760.jpg

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #38 on: Oct 07, 2011 11:28 AM »

salam

Sr Jannah you are very very funny.

I agree with the Queen and Br Khalid tho, that dress looks hideous the way it's displayed, then imagine a spotlight on it, I expect it to be walking up and down the corridors of buckingham palace looking for a replacement head.....

Wassalaam

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #39 on: Oct 07, 2011 05:46 PM »

wsalam,

hey it's brkhalid who is sucha royals fan....  Grin  that is weird how they did the veil they should have probably displayed it on a chair next to the dress. the other thing they could have done is have a wax kate actually wearing it!... or better yet those cardboard cutout things where ppl can stick their heads in and get a picture taken!! and have a cardboard william next to it. i'm sure tons of girls would love to pretend to be wearing kate's dress in a picture Wink & be marrying wills!!  groom

ps ur welcome to use my ideas buckingham palace!!

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #40 on: Oct 08, 2011 11:23 PM »

salam

Sr Jannah you are soooo American, I think the queen would put her foot down at the cardboard cutouts...they tend to save that sort of thing for Brighton pier.... I doubt anyone is allowed within ten feet of the outfit, I have to say they display the old wedding outfits far better at the V&A, why did they do such a weird display for this dress?Huh?

Wassalaam

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: