// Osama bin Laden killed in US led Operation
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "And that is the secret of this world. If you remove love of dunya from your heart, the dunya is yours for the taking. You can have the dunya because it's in your hand and not in your heart."- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Osama bin Laden killed in US led Operation  (Read 3437 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011 01:13 AM »

wsalam,

hmm the problem is you as an individual person can question it all you want. you can ask "what really happened?". you can even say "i don't believe that's the truth and it's a cover up". you never have to believe it. you can even make up your own narrative of "what happened". and still you will NEVER KNOW what happened. EVER. in this world. and then.... what? like anyone cares? 99% of the world thinks you're crazy lunatics anyway. like it will make a difference coming up with all these conspiracy theories? meanwhile you and yours are being killed with drones, a "war on terror", invasion & colonialism, corruption, suicide bombers and complete chaos. get your priorities straight first eh. pakistan's aid is going to be cut off and the $1 a day people live on will be gone as well and as usual we will have starving illiterate muslims in the world. but hey maybe believing in the great OBL conspiracy theories will give them comfort then.

lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2011 03:00 AM »

i live in a muslim country.  i don't think most people believe he is dead.  we had a vote today (just for fun) in class about how many people believed the guy actually died like obama said.  out of like 40 students, hardly anybody raised their hands.

the problem here is that without any independently verifiable evidence, normal people (and lets forget the conspiracy crazed types) are going to wonder why no evidence has been presented.  and the lack of evidence will engender huges doubts. the killing of laden is a huge story, and the victims of 9/11 and the victims of the campaign to kill him for the past 10 years  -- i.e. muslims who were persecuted in the States, and others who were bombed in foreign countries -- deserve proof that the guy is finally dead. 

to me, the reluctance to show any footage or photographs or have credible journalists see the footage and photos and vouch for the authenticity, means that the guy is probably actually still alive and was captured and is maybe hooked up to a bunch of truth serum machines in Guantanomo.

the world deserves more evidence regarding the guy who has dominated the political debate over the past 10 years and caused untold suffering and death upon scores, and scores and scores of people around the world.

assalamualaikum
Hard2Hit
Bro

Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011 05:01 AM »

Sis J:

I doubt that all our problems stem from believing in conspiracy theories.

We can work on our problems all day, and when exposed to absurdity of media and rogue people, can ask them to "knock us out". Plus we can top it of with how we think any event had happened. I mean these arent mutually exclusive items...

Our social and economic problems have least to do with topic at hand.

As for having differences with 'others' on such matters... well many hate us just because we are followers of islam or simply look desi, arab and anything close to Muslim. Having our own substance based perspective on events that will make history can not make it any worse.

Wasalam.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011 08:34 AM »

I'm sure Wikileaks or some other organization will be trying to sort through the information, looking for Pakistani and US government documents to either verify or deny the reported story.   Wink

I do pray that Muslims and non-Muslims alike will see better days and very soon
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011 11:17 PM »

www.antiwar.com seems to be questoning it, but I don't knwo if that is a western source.
I think everyone got relieved and stuff so they beleived it but I think people are starting to wonder now
Western media is saying continually that the story keeps changing
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011 12:05 AM »

wsalam,

please tell me one way in which the 9/11 conspiracists have benefited the ummah in these last 10 years.

Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011 12:10 AM »

Salaams,

Well, they are people, and might have 9-5 jobs as well through which they helped the Ummah. These same people are probably doing a lot of social work as well, who knows...

I wanted to share this video here, yet im sure many of you might have already watched it.

Webster Tarpley: CIA announces that next false-flag terror op will be blamed on Pakistan's ISI

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011 03:00 AM »

Most ppl have 9-5 jobs. Some in helping the ummah too. But I'm talking specifically about what benefit 9/11 conspiracists have had on the ummah. Basically none. Again, everyone can do what they want, but it seems like we always get distracted with the wrong things instead of doing the real work to improve our ummah.

ws
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011 08:56 AM »

I think the problem is in complacency. We are just supposed to be okay with everything going on in the world, and just become immune and even welcoming to the suspicions of the rest of the world (yes please frisk me at airports, and take off my hijab, because it's a security threat to YOU, never mind how it affects MY well-being and self-worth). That's unacceptable to me.

Maybe the 9/11 conspiracy theorists haven't benefited the Ummah, and maybe the OBL-death ones will not benefit Ummah, but at least they are the only ones willing to question the bunch of lies everyone is so willing to eat up. I mean, at least providing an alternative theory to the big gaps in the official renditions gives some sense of relief.

And frankly, this time, it's going to have a direct affect on my life, because they are (as usual, as before, and as always) building up the case to start a war with another country.  Why war? Because Obama just realized the economy can't be picked up the way he wanted it to, he wants to win again, and like his predecessors, he needs the polls in his favor. Why Pakistan? It's convenient, and it's just in the line of fire. OBL just gives enough leverage with the masses.

This is not a conspiracy theory. It's a pattern.
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011 09:17 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

We are just supposed to be okay with everything going on in the world

Not at all, but there is a discussion to be had about how we react to what is going on in the world.

Obviously, there are going to be different views and opinions to that question.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011 01:06 PM »

salam

I don't think they will start a war with Pakistan for the simple fact that Pakistan is a nuclar power and they have the ability to give as good as they get! At least that's what I hve everything crossed for.

I would personally assume that Obama has done just enough to see a second term in office, basically he has killed OBL, that's got to get him some brownie points with the general electorate right?!

However I find the whole jubiliation and crowing of the murder of a person, regardless of his alleged actions, to be deeply distasteful. if I would not dance at a loved ones funeral I most certainly will not celebrate the death of any other human being. Who died and made America judge jury and executioner anyway? What happened to standing trial? Every other alleged war criminal has to face a trial so why not this time?

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011 03:10 PM »

Al-Qaida confirms bin Laden's death

CAIRO — Al-Qaida on Friday confirmed the killing of Osama bin Laden and warned of retaliation, saying America's "happiness will turn to sadness."
The confirmation came in an Internet statement posted on militant websites, signed by "the general leadership" of al-Qaida.
The announcement opens the way for the group to name a successor to bin Laden. His deputy Ayman al-Zawahri is now the most prominent figure in the group and is a very likely contender to take his place. The U.S.-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, thought to be hiding in Yemen, has also been mentioned as a possible successor.

The statement's authenticity could not be independently confirmed, but it was posted on websites where the group traditionally puts out its messages.
The statement vowed that al-Qaida would not deviate from the path of armed struggle and said bin Laden's blood "is more precious to us and to every Muslim than to be wasted in vain."
'Curse that chases' Americans
"It (bin Laden's blood) will remain, with permission from Allah the Almighty, a curse that chases the Americans and their agents, and goes after them inside and outside their countries," the militant network said in a statement released on Islamist Internet forums and translated by the SITE monitoring service.

"Soon, God willing, their happiness will turn to sadness," it said, "their blood will be mingled with their tears."
In the statement, al-Qaida also called on the people of Pakistan — "on whose land Sheikh Osama was killed" — to rise up in revolt against its leaders "to cleanse this shame that has been attached to them by a clique of traitors and thieves ... and in general to cleanse their country from the filth of the Americans who spread corruption in it."
'Humble' bin Laden
It also said that an audio message bin Laden recorded a week before his death would be issued soon.
"Before the sheikh passed from this world and before he could share with the Islamic nation in its joys over its revolutions in the face of the oppressors, he recorded a voice recording of congratulations and advice which we will publish soon, God willing," the militant group said.

On the issue of al-Qaida's new leader, security analyst Peter Bergen, author of "The Longest War: Enduring Conflict Between America and Al Qaeda," told TODAY that if al-Zawahiri took over al-Qaida, he would "run it into the ground."
"He's not well liked or well regarded, even by people in his own Egyptian, sort of, Jihadist group," Bergen said. "He doesn’t have the stature that bin Laden has. He's regarded as a divisive figure."
The CNN terrorism analyst said he had interviewed many people who knew bin Laden and even those who didn't like him admitted he had some appealing qualities. People spoke of him as being "humble" and "modest," Bergen said, while some even spoke of having feelings of love for the terror mastermind.
"No one describes feelings of love for Ayman al-Zawahiri," Bergen told TODAY.

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011 03:58 PM »

Salaams all - SO, given the article I've posted above and that I'm sure you've seen by now on other major news websites - I hope that none of you doubt that it was him who was killed - I have the utmost respect for those you that are elder to me (Sis JustOne, H2H, etc) and while I understand that there are probably other motives underlying such actions, I can't agree with really bothering about what might or might not be true or keep secret. Again, it is a waste of our energies - we don't to "let it go" per say, as there are many issues that are being brought up this week, as the UN is looking into it's legality and what not. I for one, don't really care - the same way I hated Hosni Mubarak - I have even more dislike for such souls as OBL and others who know about Islam, who are claiming to follow its tenets and portraying it in such an ugly (wrong) manner - which is only made worse by large portions of populations in nations like Pakistan, Indonesia and others with Large or even decent sized Muslim populations, saying that he is a Muslim warrior and the like. YUCK! It really disgusts me! By no means am I one to say if others are good Muslims or not, but when one's acts are so extremely perverse, where even a Muslim with a little knowledge of our their Faith could say that such beliefs, such hatred is an agreeable thing to have or possess.

As for celebrating his death - yes, maybe it's distasteful, but for someone who so cruelly made statements against your people and nation - I am not surprised by the reaction of the youth at Ground Zero, Times Sq and WH. Indeed, it should be a time of solemn reflection, of those who lost their lives - in fact, many of the victimes families said that they weren't celebrating, that it didn't bring back their loved ones. I would think it's more relief - as it should be for us as Muslims - we have enough issues at the community level, so if one of the ugly faces that has been trying to represent us on a larger scale is forever gone from our news screens (well, it sounds like there might be one more video released), then I couldn't be happier.

Of course, he is going to get his Justice soon enough - one that he knew was coming, so while Pr. Obama has said Justice has been served, that is only the worldly sense, so if people knew how we view Judgment day (not just that he may be thrown into Hell, etc) I think they would rejoice even more - yet, as BrKhalid has said, it should only humble us and remind us that we too are going to face this, which I know I don't have to remind most of you, as you probably have a better grip on this topic than I do - I need all the reminders I can get, that's for sure.

Again, I have to agree with Sis J, I just hate it when our people get so caught up in theories and the like - yes, we will never know the whole truth, when it's governments and agencies that are controlling such things, heck, even other organizations whose responsibility it is to get out the truth or information, are going to have a hard time. Maybe many years from now, when Obama and the rest of us will be in our graves, the information will be declassified and then our great-grandchildren will find out what really happened this past Monday and all the other related issues.

I think we have a much bigger problem to solve, both in Pakistan and these other countries - it's all about education and opening up our eyes - I don't know how it's going to be done, but if we are going to move forward, advance, and get back to where we should be as the honored Ummah that are (though our condition needs to be changed to fully realize that), we have a long ways to go - so why really bother about these issues that are probably out of our control. Yes, let's discuss it, that's what I'm going here after all, but it's been like this throughout history, so it's nothing new - governments and their parts do things that are unlawful, unethical, immoral, but things have always moved on. I read that many Pakistani's weren't even bothered - because they are just trying to get that clean glass of water or well cooked food - I'm even worried about my extended family there - can they really continue to live their, especially when it comes to the younger kids - is it salvageable there in the long run? My Baji there even says she doesn't care of Pakistan anymore, that it has changed to much since her younger days (she's in her 30's two young sons under age of 10). I guess this should be in the other thread, sorry, just got into it.

He's dead, I'm happy about it - if that makes me bad, then so be it. He deserved what he got and how he got it and anyways, death is an easy way "out" really, we all have to face it, so as I said, that in itself is not Justice, it is what comes after that matters.

BABA
 desibro

PS I will add - for the pursuit and death of one man, it cost far too many innocent lives, those of our brothers and sisters in Afghanistan and of course, young Americans that should have been at home, with their loved ones and not coming home in flag-draped coffins.

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Hard2Hit
Bro

Taubah

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2011 10:55 PM »

Salaams,

Eye witness accounts expose the lies in the USA's official version of the story - Its factors like these that make people question anything the mainstream US media is telling us...

Summary: (Video links at bottom)

1. One US heli dropped commandos on the roof of said compound/house. And afterward the heli kept circling the nearby mountain.

2. A heli which was going to land in the compound crashed, and dead bodies of the commandos were spread all around the crashed heli.

3. Commandos earlier dropped by heli one, were speaking Pushto and Urdu in native accent to the people around the neighborhood, and were telling them to go into their houses and stay there, else they will be shot.

4.  Commandos were lifted by second heli.

5. Two other helis never landed in the area, and just hoovered around and passed by.

6. Pak army was there within 10-15 minutes of the blast.

7. A kid in the neighborhood actually used to go inside the said house/compound, he also met and interacted with the family inside. (Apparently Osama was stupid enough to let a 12 year old kid come inside his hide out!!)

8. Eye witnesses were also abducted from the scene.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Wws--nQwo

true story behind killing of Osama bin laden explained by an eye witness

Eyewitness about Operation Abbottabad and Osama

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: