// Dietssss!!!!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Those whose eyes never see beyond the world of phenomena are like those who mistake servants of the lowest rank for the king. -The Alchemy of Happiness, Imam Al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dietssss!!!!  (Read 1858 times)
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« on: Apr 16, 2011 09:29 PM »

Assalaamu alaikum....

Okay so I know fad diets are not a longtetm solution to losing weight... But can we please share our experiences here? My husband did the GM diet and lost 8 lbs in a week. It's been 8 months and mashallah he has managed to keep it off. I tried it, but quit after 4 hours because I was nursing and thought I would die eating a truckload of watermelons.  A friend of mine lost 35 lbs in 21 days doing the master cleanse (it's not traditionally for weight loss purposes but hey! She looks fantastic now)...

I have a goal weight in mind... And while I'm exercising, I think it would be motivational to lose a bunch of weight in one go to keep my spirits up!

Okay skinny people: stay out of this discussion :p unless you were fat at some point lol.

Please rate your diet. I neeeeeeed to lose weight!!!

Wasalaam.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2011 09:55 PM »

salam

Dont eat after 7pm. It's weird weight does fall off.

And take up a regular excersise regime and stick it out.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
khateeb_al_baghdadi
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
khateeb_al_baghdadi has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2011 10:09 PM »

salam alaikum,

Losing weight is not hard at all, it just takes sabr. Dieting is actually the worst way to lose weight and the unhealthiest. Losing 35 pounds in 21 days is harmful. And on top of that the faster you lose weight the faster you gain it back. Because if you dont eat and you drop alot of weight. As soon as you eat your next meal your going to gain every pound back. Because the object is to lose it slowly that way when u do want to eat alot, it doesnt come back. and when your drop weight fast, you risk having it all come back. when i was married i went to 210, then i got a divorce and i am now 160. But that happened over 6 7 months. so in 6 months i lost 50 pounds which isnt bad. and now when i eat alot i notice i dont gain anything. But before wheni chose not to eat i dropped weight fast, but as soon as i ate, it all came back. the best way is to work out and eat less. you dont need to diet to lose weight, im on no diet and i lost 50 pounds. most of the weight you gain is water wait, meaning its all from liquids not food. so if you drink soda if you switch to diet you will immediatly drop in weight. Or if you drink powerade or vitamin water, and switch to the zero calorie version you will see your weight drop fast. And actually, the more you work out the more food you can enjoy. Because the more you work out the more food you need to keep your body going. So actually by working out you dont need to diet , if u love eating you can actually eat more that way and be healthier. BUT IT DOES TAKE SABR, most people quit aftr a week, if they see they onlylost 1 or 2 pounds they stop. To lose 1 pound, you need to burn 3000 calories comapred to your intake. Meaning if your on the 2,000 calorie a day diet, you need to burn 5,000 calories that day to lose one pound. Not that hard. You lose  about 700 calories sleeping 8 hours, so losing it is not hard, thats why ur always ur lowest weight in the morning and thats when your suppose to check your weight. Because when you go to sleep your always 2 3 or 4 pounds heavier than you started your day. When you wake up your back to your original, dont believe me, try it out. Diets are no good,lose your weight gradually,that way it stays off, the biggest problem with people, is the weight always comes back why?Huh? because they lose it to fast by not eating, so once they put food in there mouth, they gain 7 pounds in a day, even though they didnt eat that much.
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2011 07:19 AM »

Salam all, ok I went down a whole dress size very quickly. I'm not fat, just normal slim... But I went on the verge of skinny. Ok I have to point out I had a lot of stress and anxiety over last weeks. I couldn't eat, hence this is not a way to lose weight! My friends all said, I must be super pleased... Of course I'm not, because it wasn't for the right reasons!

Anyway, I'm visiting family currently, & I tell you... I've put all the weight back ON, if not more now! That's because my Bhabis are cooking all this yummy food & stuffing me!

Seriously though, I think sis Fozia makes a very good point. Don't eat after 7pm. I eat by 5pm, 6pm latest! If I eat any later, I feel sick... As if food hasn't had time to digest properly.

Also, eat good size proportions, eat regular balanced meals. Don't skip meals. Don't take it too seriously... Ya know no carbs, calorie intake etc. In moderation everythings cool! I tend to find when I think about diets, I actually eat more. Its kind of depressing all the things you can & can't eat. So I never diet & I look & feel ok alhamdulillah.

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2011 09:53 AM »

^ sorry portions & not proportions  Roll Eyes

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2011 11:55 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Speaking more generally, perhaps what people need is a ''regime'' instead of a ''diet'' so that when the weight does come off, it stays off.

Lifestyle obviously plays an important part and sometimes it's not just about how much you eat or what you eat but also when you eat, how you eat and occasionally even whom you eat with!!

On another level, it is important to note that food is blessing (not a right) and should be treated as such.

A friend of mine lost 35 lbs in 21 days

That sounds crazy!!

The only way I could shed 35 pounds is if I lost some money!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2011 03:35 PM »

salam

Actually, just realised you had your little boy not long ago didn't you?

If you're nursing don't diet eat whatever it is you want to,and relax.

After chidlbirth a womans body is pretty irreversibly changed, I found personally my hips are wider (very slightly), ain't no amount of dieting gonna change that!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 2011 05:11 PM »

Losing weight is not hard at all

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Brother... you must be bless with a very speedy metabolism...  It's very difficult for a woman in her 50s to lose weight...
I can spend an hour on the treadmill every day and not lose anything....   Angry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: