Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

What's in a name? That which we call a zahra. By any other name would smell as shariah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Burke’s Peerage: Queen Elizabeth II Descended from the Prophet Muhammad  (Read 1677 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: May 03, 2011 06:25 AM »

Amazing thought....

Found this on a blog. Maybe someone can look it up when they go to a library in England:

================================

Burke’s Peerage: Queen Elizabeth II Descended from the Prophet Muhammad

Posted on 02/28/2008 by Juan

I was surprised that the writers of comments over at Salon.com did not know the below. It is common knowledge to anyone interested in genealogy.

I know that it is hard for people invested in a hard East/ West dichotomy to imagine that the icon of Western civilization, the British royal family, has Arab Muslim antecedents (along with a host of other nationalities of course.) But it does.

The Greater Mediterranean got all mixed up over millennia. Most Sicilians (i.e. most Italian-Americans) also have Arab Muslim ancestors. It works the other way around, too. It is obvious that a lot of Egyptians, Lebanese and Jordanians have descent from the Christian European Crusaders.

This is connected to just pointing out that having ancestors named Hussein is more common among Europeans and Americans than is usually realized. Elizabeth II can’t be descended from the Prophet Muhammad without also being descended from his grandson, the original Husayn / Hussein, since that is the line of descent of the Sayyids.

‘United Press International
    October 10, 1986
    MOSLEMS IN BUCKINGHAM PALACE

Mixed in with Queen Elizabeth’s blue blood is the blood of the Moslem prophet Mohammed, according to Burke’s Peerage, the geneological guide to royalty. The relation came out when Harold B. Brooks-Baker, publishing director of Burke’s, wrote Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher to ask for better security for the royal family. ”The royal family’s direct descent from the prophet Mohammed cannot be relied upon to protect the royal family forever from Moslem terrorists,” he said. Probably realizing the connection would be a surprise to many, he added, ”It is little known by the British people that the blood of Mohammed flows in the veins of the queen. However, all Moslem religious leaders are proud of this fact.”

Brooks-Baker said the British royal family is descended from Mohammed through the Arab kings of Seville, who once ruled Spain. By marriage, their blood passed to the European kings of Portugal and Castille, and through them to England’s 15th century King Edward IV. ‘
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011 07:57 AM »

I came across this too. Might ask my British cousin about this.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011 11:04 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

So here is a possible line from our Prophet saw to the current Queen from a google search.

I have to admit I had never heard of such a link before but perhaps it is not beyond the realms of possibility?

Allah knows best!

LINE 3A:
01. Mohammed “The Prophet of Islam”, d632
02. Fatima (dau)
= Ali [ibn abu-Talib], Caliph [in Iraq] 656-661
03. Al-Husayn (626-680), the Shi’ite Imam, in Iraq, [7th] Caliph 680
= Harar, dau of Persian Shah Yazgirid III
04. Ali Zain el-Abidin, imam in Iraq (d694/713)
05. Mohammed Al-Bakhir (681-733), imam in Iraq
06. Djafar (Jaafar) Al-Kazim el-Sadikh (708-765), imam in Iraq
07. Ishmael ibn Gafar (736-760)
08. Mohammed [ibn Ishmael]
09. Ishmael
10. Ahmed [ibn Ishmael]
11. Obeidallah al-Mahdi (846-934), anti-Caliph, in Egypt
12. Mohammed al-Khaim (873-946), anti-Caliph, in Egypt
13. Ishmael al-Mansur (901-952), anti-Caliph, in Egypt
14. Dihja “bint al-Mansur” (dau)
= Qaris [Kharis] ibn Abbad, khadi [imam] in Seville, Spain
15. Ishmael [ibn Qaris], khadi [imam] in Seville, Spain
16. Mohammed I Kadi [Abul-Khasim], Emir of Seville 1023-1042
17. Mohammed II [Abbad al-Mutadid, aka "Al Motamio"], “Emir of Spain” 1042-1068
18. Mohammed III [Abul-Qasim], aka “Benqbet”, Emir of Seville 1068-1091 dep, d1095
= Itamid of the Balearic Islands
19. Zayda, bapt. as Isabel[le] (1075-1107)
=(1098) Alfonso VI “The Valiant”, King of Castile-Leon [his 4th =]
[note: the identity of Zayda and this "gateway" through her is documented in the resources indexed by Mark Humphreys especially his Islamic page, basically drawn from Brian Tompsett's huge royal database] [note: she was mother to (a) son, Sancho, & (b) dau, Sancha, wife of Rodrigo "El Franco" Gonsalez de Lara]
20. Sancha (d1125)
= Rodrigo “El Franco” Gonsalez de Lara
21. Rodrigo Rodriguez, Conde de Lara
= Elvira Garcia de Azagra
22. Sancha de Lara
= Gonzalo [II] Ruiz Giron (d1234)
23. Maria Gonzalez Ruiz, she had a sis Aldonza, see LINE 3B
= Guillen Perez de Guzman
24. Maria de Guzman (d1262)
= Alfonso IX, King of Castile
25. Beatrix
= Affonso III, King of Portugal
26. Dionisiso [Diniz], King of Portugal, d1325
= Isabel of Aragon
27. Affonso IV, King of Portugal, d1357
28. Maria (1313-1357)
= Alfonso IX, King of Castile
29. Pedro “The Cruel”, King of Castile, d1368
= Maria de Padilla (1335-1365), see LINE 3B, # 26
30. Isabelle (1355-1394)
= Edmund, Duke of York, England
31. Richard, Earl of Cambridge, d1415
= Anne Mortimer, heiress of the Clarence line
32. Richard, Duke of York
= Cecily Neville
33. Edward IV, King of England 1461-1483
etc
descent to Queen Elizabeth

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011 12:33 PM »

salam

Sounds like a load of bunkum!

Isn't the queen of German descent why's that line only Spanish? It's old Phil who's the Spaniard isn't he?

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011 12:42 PM »

Salam. I know there's definitely German in Royal family, however, I thought it was Phillip who was German. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Ma'Salam.

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011 01:29 PM »

salam

You're prolly right Sr Cinders, but they've all married eachother for so long they're prolly all exactly the same descent anyway!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011 01:43 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I think the Germanic element came from Prince Albert which is obviously far later in the Queen's lineage than the 15th century link to Edward IV which has been suggested above.

Have to say this story does remind me of all those rumours that William Shaykhspeare was a Muslim Wink

Much ado about nothing perhaps? bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011 01:59 PM »

^ Love it! William Shaykh spear  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: