Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hajj 1432/2011  (Read 866 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« on: May 06, 2011 03:02 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Okay so you maybe thinking it's too early to be thinking about Hajj, there's still 3 months to go before Ramadhan and I'll worry about it after that.

Bad mistake!!  smack

I have been amazed at the number of emails I have received from Tour operators already this year for Hajj in November.

As many of you will know, there is a huge amount of construction taking place around Masjid Al Haram and hotel space is at a premium as new accommodation comes online. The net result of this is that all the decent hotels (ie the ones close to the Masjid) are being booked up even earlier and if you are late, you may well find yourself having a lengthy journey getting to the Masjid.

As ever, my usual advice if you are planning to go is to speak to someone who has been recently because they will be able to give you some practical Do's and Don’t's given their experience. InshaAllah, nearer the time I'll try and post some practical tips given my own experiences last year.

Bottom line: If you're thinking of going, don't leave it until the last minute!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011 12:48 PM »

Salam alaikum

Br Khalid...very good advice!!!  And if the system is similar in other parts of the world, like here, then the earlier the better:  We have to apply to our local Hajj and Umrah council, as there are quotas and you are not guaranteed to be able to go for Hajj.  Then you have to find the best agent (and usually this means the best of the bad lot, unfortunately).  They are constructing like crazy in Makkah, and you dont wanna wait till the last minute to book hotels... may Allah swt make it easier for us, ameen.

On that note: anyone planning Hajj this year?

Salam
S.

shabirmia
Bro

Reps: 1

« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2011 07:50 AM »

As-salaam-u-alaikum

Am planning to go for Hajj this year, Insha-Allah. Have sent in my booking and just waiting for confirmation. The travel agent is waiting for the flight confirmation. Have started reading up on Hajj and Umrah and have started my physical conditioning to hel me try and walk to as many of the places as possible.

It would be helpful to get the opinions of some of those who have been before.

I have some questions - hopefully somebody can help with answers.

1. Where can I reasonably walk to so I can avoid the delays with the buses?
2. Any need for a sleeping bag - for Mina and Muzdalifah?
3. Should I get my toiletries from home or is it fairly cheap to get them in Medina (we will get to Medinah first)?
4. I may add more questions as I do more reading...

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2011 12:00 PM »

Walaikum Salam bro

It is always nice to hear of someone going to Hajj inshaAllah!!

There is some very good reference information at the Hajj page of this website (www.jannah.org/hajj) so please take time to visit that.

As for your specific questions, here are some brief answers and I am sure others will chip in as well with their views.

1. Walking is generally okay as long as you are in reasonable shape. Please note, though, that your group may well be taking the bus and you may be isolated if you decide to walk to the various places by yourself.

2. Some people prefer sleeping bags, others just make do with a mat and blanket. Given that Hajj is taking place during the winter months at present, some sort of cover would be essential especially when in Muzdalifa.

3. Personally I would bring everything that you need with you, especially medication.

Please add some more questions if you have them since I am sure it will also help others who are going/intending to go. bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2011 06:55 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

With Ramadhan over, thoughts turn to Hajj.

InshaAllah I'm working on some practical Hajj tips for those going and what people should look out for.

If anyone has any questions please post them up since there are lots of people who have been to Hajj or Umra on the board.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: