Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Alas, poor imam.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lessons in life 101...what to do when your ice creams melting!  (Read 1605 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« on: May 18, 2011 09:32 AM »

salam

Well I certainly learnt a lesson this morning.

It all started with the kettle, all I did was turn it on at the mains & everything exploded....OK that's a bit of an exaggeration but the kettle did explode & it looked like it had taken the entire house electrics with it.

At this point I want to pretend that I dealt with it all by myself with ne'er a wobble, however the second I realised the fridge wasn't working the thought of the untouched tub of mint choc chip ice cream melting away just broke me..... I called my dad.

My dad only served to increase my panic as it happens. So when I hung up I decided to deal with it. It took about three seconds to re-set the fuse box, once I worked out that resetting the tripped fuse wasn't working I reset the entire box et voila, hopefully my ice cream will be safe while we're out.

But I must eat the entire tub upon my return home tonight. If I have to be the grown up around here I shall do it whilst on a massive sugar high!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011 11:08 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

But I must eat the entire tub upon my return home tonight

Is anyone else thinking, any minute excuse would have seen that ice cream being finished off? Wink

But surely if you have melted ice cream, you just go ahead and make yourself a milk shake? bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011 12:33 PM »

salam

Not with mint choc chip ice cream...that would be like drinking chocolate flavoured toothpaste puke

Thank goodness we finished off the cookies and cream yesterday is all I can say!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011 06:12 PM »

wsalam,

lol mint choc chip is not so bad, but is definitely an acquired taste! i've found some new good flavors lately: mocha choc fudge and something called "moose tracks" or "fudge tracks" it has tiny peanut butter cups and caramel fudge in there yummm
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011 07:23 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I have to admit I do like those ice cream parlours where you pick your ice cream and then you pick what you want mashed within your ice cream (reeses peanut butter cups for example) and then you get to choose your sprinklies on top!!

I do have a soft spot for birthday cake ice cream and watermelon ice cream can really grow on you bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011 10:01 AM »

wooo..hi5 BrKhalid, watermelon ice cream is one of my favorites Smiley
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011 11:16 AM »

I've never had watermelon ice cream. It sounds like a sorbet. Are you guys sure there is such a thing as watermelon Ice cream in the shops?

You can't beat Clotted cream Cornish Ice cream or Pistachio & almond Kulfi. I might actually make some. All this talk of ice cream is making me hungry. Actually does Ice cream fill you up  Huh?

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011 03:29 PM »

Not a sorbet, it's a real ice cream, with milk and all the other stuff that goes in ice cream Smiley I am not sure about British shops but you can find it here.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011 06:14 PM »

salam

I have cornish clotted cream ice cream, it's very moreish, I also find the thought of water mellon ice ream intreaguing.....

Have I actually started two seperate threads discussing ice cream??

Wassalaam

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011 07:01 AM »

Oh Sr. Fozia - you crack me up! Bless you! Funny thread!

Yes, I love those places where you can pick what you get to put in your ice cream and they mash it all up - in the States, one popular (and very fattening) place is called Cold Stone's - I go with my cousins occasionally on a Friday night, after a extended-family dinner - it is not normal ice cream and is extra fatty, but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm goood! Though I am a big chocolate-lover, what I get when I go there is is vanilla ice cream, with chocolate cookie dough, with KitKat all mashed up in that! Yummy!

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011 11:27 PM »

Mmmm, I've had a 'Crunchie' Ice cream. It is absolutely yum. Did you know it has popping candy? Delicious.

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011 08:31 AM »

salam

Yes Sr Cinders the crunchy ice cream has popping candy in the chocolate covering, it's the only reason I buy it to be honest, as the ice cream itself is pretty mediocre!

My brother bought feasts, they dont taste like they used to Sad for a while they had gelatin in them so we stopped eating them last weekend was the first one I had in ages.

Wassalaam

Cinders
Sis

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011 01:36 PM »

Assalamu alaikum, 

Some of my favourite haunts in London are certain dessert & Ice cream parlours. But on one of my many escapades in Europe, the best Ice cream I had was in Italy. They do great Ice cream. The mint choc chip is yum yum. 

Oh Germany has great Ice cream too, but they tend to be Italian owned Ice cream Parlours. 
I've had a sebatical from Ice cream for a while & recently got back into them. The latte flavoured Ice cream is another favourite. Oh & what about Iced Coffees? Especially in this weather, it's a real treat! 

Ok, this is off the cuff... Recipe 

• 1/2 cup of milk  
• good dollop of good vanilla Ice cream
• a shot of espresso

Blend all the ingredients together. Seperately in a tall glass or Latte mug (the glass ones) crushed ice at the bottom. 
Pour blended espresso & latte onto crushed ice. Add sugar to taste (I don't need any). There you go, voilà! Iced coffee! :-D

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: