Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

What's in a name? That which we call a zahra. By any other name would smell as shariah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: lotah at work/office  (Read 2166 times)
kba
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
kba has no influence :(

« on: Feb 29, 2008 02:27 AM »

What do you all do when at your workplace regarding the lotah?  Do you use a water bottle, if so where do you keep it, at your desk? 

I am asking to know how others deal with this.  I know you can't leave a bottle in the bathroom because it will get thrown away.  So do you keep a bottle at your desk and take it back and forth?

Does anyone notice and ask you questions? 
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #1 on: Feb 29, 2008 09:41 AM »

Salaams,

If you could keep one of these in your bag, without the needle of course... and fill it with water from the wash basin...

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
cat
Sis

cat has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Feb 29, 2008 11:29 AM »

I'm assuming you referring to something that you can use for Istinja.  i use to keep a bottle in my handbag and take the bag to the loo with me.  Then i progressed to just carrying the bottle.  After a while i was brave enough to leave it in the cupboard under the vanity.  A Sister that started work here leaves a jug in that cupboard now too.

I'm very confident in the fact that this is more hygienic than what other people do and wouldn't mind if anyone questioned me.  Although no one has as yet asked anything.  It's mostly in our minds i think.  Smiley

Incidentally, i was watching Dr. Oz on Opera and he was explaining to the audience the importance of using a toilet bidet for hygiene purposes.  It seems that a lot of people are getting to understand the importance of using water in addition to paper.

On a different topic altogether, there's this thing called a nose bidet which basically uses the same idea from how we cleanse our nostrils when .we make wudhu and it turns out that this method of cleansing the nostrils with water helps alleviate  the congestion in the sinus etc.

p.s. i also keep bottles for this purpose in the boot  of my car and in my travel bag 'cos i travel a lot too.  If you really worried about people looking at you then flatten a paper (not polystyrene) cup and carry it in your handbag.

kba
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Feb 29, 2008 10:22 PM »

lol hard2hit

cat: Yes for Istinja. 

The bathroom door is right across the mens bathroom.  I was wanting to avoid men asking me about why I was carrying a bottle but if no one really asks or pays attention, then that does not matter.

no cupboards in the bathroom, and if I leave a bottle there, it will get thrown away.  So the only other place would be in or on my desk.

I saw that episode of Oprah.  I think bidets are ideal, you don't have to worry about filling up or keeping a container filled with water.

I want to get a netti pot (tje one you mentioned for the nose).  Do you have one, if so how do you like it?

The flattened cup is a good idea.  Then I could carry it discreetly as 95% of the time I always encounter a man on the way.  oldshaykh

I'm assuming you referring to something that you can use for Istinja.  i use to keep a bottle in my handbag and take the bag to the loo with me.  Then i progressed to just carrying the bottle.  After a while i was brave enough to leave it in the cupboard under the vanity.  A Sister that started work here leaves a jug in that cupboard now too.

I'm very confident in the fact that this is more hygienic than what other people do and wouldn't mind if anyone questioned me.  Although no one has as yet asked anything.  It's mostly in our minds i think.  Smiley

Incidentally, i was watching Dr. Oz on Opera and he was explaining to the audience the importance of using a toilet bidet for hygiene purposes.  It seems that a lot of people are getting to understand the importance of using water in addition to paper.

On a different topic altogether, there's this thing called a nose bidet which basically uses the same idea from how we cleanse our nostrils when .we make wudhu and it turns out that this method of cleansing the nostrils with water helps alleviate  the congestion in the sinus etc.

p.s. i also keep bottles for this purpose in the boot  of my car and in my travel bag 'cos i travel a lot too.  If you really worried about people looking at you then flatten a paper (not polystyrene) cup and carry it in your handbag.

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2008 05:42 AM »

lol, it's always when we're trying to act discreet that we get caught.  same as carrying a feminine hygiene product!! it's always the first thing to fall out of a bag or something!   suspect
kba
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2008 03:03 PM »

Yup, and that has happened to me. I had to act fast.

Generally I dislike that the doors are right next to and facing each other, for the men and women's bathroom.  Maybe I can request they build a cupboard in the bathroom.  lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: