Well I certainly learnt a lesson this morning.
It all started with the kettle, all I did was turn it on at the mains & everything exploded....OK that's a bit of an exaggeration but the kettle did explode & it looked like it had taken the entire house electrics with it.
At this point I want to pretend that I dealt with it all by myself with ne'er a wobble, however the second I realised the fridge wasn't working the thought of the untouched tub of mint choc chip ice cream melting away just broke me..... I called my dad.
My dad only served to increase my panic as it happens. So when I hung up I decided to deal with it. It took about three seconds to re-set the fuse box, once I worked out that resetting the tripped fuse wasn't working I reset the entire box et voila, hopefully my ice cream will be safe while we're out.
But I must eat the entire tub upon my return home tonight. If I have to be the grown up around here I shall do it whilst on a massive sugar high!