// question :(
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Two missiles from an American jet killed them all – by my estimate, more than 20 Iraqi civilians, torn to pieces before they could be 'liberated' by the nation that destroyed their lives. Who dares, I ask myself, to call this 'collateral damage'?" - Robert Fisk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question :(  (Read 1071 times)
Ashek
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Ashek has no influence :(

« on: May 19, 2011 07:54 AM »

Assalamu Alaikum.
I don't know whether this is right board to post this message. If it is not, please feel free to move this message to the appropriate board.

I was thinking that when something bad happens to me then this is because of my sins. Then again some religious scholars are in the prison because they are dissident to the government and suffering from different kinds of diseases. So are they sinners or are Allah examining them? Allah knows best obviously. But how can I console me when I am under difficulty, stress? Is it because of my sins or is Allah examining me?
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011 09:14 AM »

Assalamu alaykum.
Allah tests those he loves. Sometimes the hardships we face in this life are an expiation for the Hereafter. Secondly, if we are going through a hardship or calamity... It makes us turn to Allah. It brings us closer to Him. He is the Most Merciful, Most Wise. So what we may think is Unjust may have Hikmah behind it, that we don not see. Try to remember Allah does not test a servant more than he an bear.

After every hardship comes ease.

Of course I am no scholar, this is my humble opinion & try to adopt this in
my life.

Everything good I have said comes from Allah, everything bad comes from Shaytaan so please forgive me.

Allah knows best.

Ma'Salam.

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011 06:55 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum

But how can I console me when I am under difficulty, stress? Is it because of my sins or is Allah examining me?

At the end of the day, only Allah knows the answer to this question.

But as has been mentioned above we are only given burdens we can bear so if we find ourselves in the midst of real tribulation we should take consolation in the fact that we have been given the capacity to carry such a trial.

Indeed, if we remain patient throughout, and are not driven to anger and transgression, there are huge blessings to be obtained.

“The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial.

When Allah loves a people He tests them.

Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath.”

[Tirmidhi]

On the Day of Resurrection, when people who had suffered affliction are given their reward, those who
were healthy will wish their skins had been cut to pieces with scissors when they were in the world.

[Tirmidhi]

May Allah make it easy for all those who are suffering adversity and may He grant them much ease after their hardship.

Wasalaam
BrKhalid

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011 07:34 PM »

wsalam,

The way one Shaikh I know teaches it, is that we know if it is a test or a punishment by how we react to something. So if we are angry and blame Allah or say "why me" or start losing our iman in Allah, this is a punishment. But if we say alhamdulillah ala kulli haal, "praise be to Allah in every circumstance", we thank Him for what good we have even in distress, then we know this is a test for us and inshaAllah our patience will be rewarded. And it is said that Allah tests those he loves the most. So those people in prison, the ones undergoing extreme hardship, health problems, one's fighting for Islam and who die for it. Those people will be able to reach higher stations and rewards with Allah. and Allah knows best.

Also, we should understand that this world is full of tests and trials for us. We cannot expect to live here and not have any tests. Remember the verse that says "Did you think you would not be tested...? Even the prophets (the most beloved to Allah) before you underwent such difficult trials etc" One shaikh says that all these trials and tribulations are so we realize and understand that this is not our Real Home. Sometimes other people's lives look so glossy and perfect, but we don't realize that behind the superficial lives, people have a lot of problems and trials. For example, superstars or actors and so on. Their lives look perfect and it looks like Allah has given them everything. But we do not know what trials they go through and sometimes when you look deeply at their lives, they are full of unhappiness and searching for some kind of peace. Alhamdulillah, we have been given this imaan to give us peace. We just need to remind ourselves of it all the time perhaps.

Ashek
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Ashek has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011 05:45 AM »

Thank you all for so much soothing information. May Allah make us patient.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: