// Islamic View of 'Rapture' end of the world!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "You leave the best of worship: humility." - A'isha (May Allah be pleased with her)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Islamic View of 'Rapture' end of the world!  (Read 1908 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: May 24, 2011 06:20 PM »

Salams,

We were discussing this in the chat about how similar the 'rapturites'? view about the end of the world was to the Islamic view. I thought we could discuss in here what the Islamic view is on how everything will come to an end, like Isa (Jesus) returning, the anti-christ and so on. Whatever we may think of doomsdayers they've really brought this subject to the forefront for people to discuss and think about!!
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011 07:20 AM »

There is also "the smoke" - which is one of the major signs of Qiyammah.... orrrr ... "ash cloud" in modern terminology?

Wasalaam.

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011 03:56 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

From a quick bit of googling there seems to be a divergence between those who believe in a pretribulation rapture (souls being taken up) and more orthodox Christians who simply believe in a single Day of Judgement where everyone will be taken up.

Obviously from an Islamic perspective, we know from the hadith that the last Hour will not arrive until there is no one left in the world praising, glorifying and remembering Allah and that all believers will have passed away beforehand with the 'breeze'.

A curious point is that all the three major religions have the Dajjal [Antichrist] in their traditions and since he has yet to appear, how could the world have ended last Saturday?

Here's the hadith detailing the major signs of the Day of Judgment:

The Prophet (saw) said:

"Verily the Hour will never be established until you see ten signs before it."

Then he (saw) mentioned:

"The smoke,

the Dajjaal,

the Beast,

the rising of the sun from the west,

the descent of 'Eesaa Ibn Maryam,

Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj,

three tremors (in which the earth will open and swallow those upon it) - one in the east, one in the west and one in the Arabian peninsula.

And the last of them will be a fire that will come out from Yemen, which will drive the people to the (final) place of assembly."

[Muslim]

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011 01:47 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

From a quick bit of googling there seems to be a divergence between those who believe in a pretribulation rapture (souls being taken up) and more orthodox Christians who simply believe in a single Day of Judgement where everyone will be taken up.

Obviously from an Islamic perspective, we know from the hadith that the last Hour will not arrive until there is no one left in the world praising, glorifying and remembering Allah and that all believers will have passed away beforehand with the 'breeze'.

A curious point is that all the three major religions have the Dajjal [Antichrist] in their traditions and since he has yet to appear, how could the world have ended last Saturday?

Here's the hadith detailing the major signs of the Day of Judgment:

The Prophet (saw) said:

"Verily the Hour will never be established until you see ten signs before it."

Then he (saw) mentioned:

"The smoke,

the Dajjaal,

the Beast,

the rising of the sun from the west,

the descent of 'Eesaa Ibn Maryam,

Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj,

three tremors (in which the earth will open and swallow those upon it) - one in the east, one in the west and one in the Arabian peninsula.

And the last of them will be a fire that will come out from Yemen, which will drive the people to the (final) place of assembly."
[Muslim]

I am sticking to the Islamic Perspective and the Hadith. Everything else is a mith.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: