// Prayer to relieve anxiety?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Many times I heard Imam Ahmad saying (when asked to give his opinion) on controversial scholarly issues ‘I do not know.’” - Abu Dawud (ra)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer to relieve anxiety?  (Read 2061 times)
Noonoo
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Noonoo has no influence :(

« on: May 25, 2011 06:11 PM »

Salam,

I want to completely trust in Allah to relieve memos my horrible anxiety. It's debilitating me & I don't know what to do. I know some duaas, but is there a certain amount of rukas of salat that I should do for this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you & Salam  Embarrassed
Noonoo
Sis

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011 06:25 PM »

I just scrolled down the posts & found a similar question to mine. It was very helpful.
If anyone else has anything else to add it would be greatly appreciated.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011 09:28 PM »

a shaykh on hudatv said that general anxiety (not specific and serious disorders, which need medical attention) can be battled by reading surah al bakarah from start to finish in one sitting. 

i would try that before anything else...
Noonoo
Sis

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011 10:17 PM »

Thank you, I will do that Inshallah tonight after the kids go to sleep. I do take medication for my anxiety unfortunately. I stopped & the anxiety came back hard, I am taking it again but it needs time.
Noonoo
Sis

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011 11:38 PM »

Please pray for me, I will do the same for you all.
Noonoo
Sis

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011 05:28 PM »

Please if there is any sister here who has or is experiencing anxiety like this please private message me. I need someone to talk to. Thank you
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011 05:40 PM »

I was wondering if you've ever thought about therapy?  I'm not sure where you're based but in the UK there is normally a psychology or counselling service attached to the surgery where your GP can refer you to...

Anyway, I hope something works out for you inshaa'Allaah.

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
Noonoo
Sis

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011 06:57 PM »

Yes I have in the past.  I was doing great for the last few yrs on my medication, completely normal & I decided to stop it & it came back very hard. I don't think therapy would help this time around. Thank you
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011 06:19 AM »

This might help "اللهم إني أعوذ بك من الهم والحزن ومن العجز والكسل ومن الجبن والبخل"

It has worked, personally. Insha Allah...

Noonoo
Sis

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011 07:54 AM »

Thank you brother, do you have an English translation for this?? Please & thank you
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011 07:59 AM »

اللهم إني أعوذ بك من الهم والحزن وأعوذ بك من العجز والكسل وأعوذ بك من الجبن والبخل وأعوذ بك من ضلع الدين وغلبة الرجال

O Allah I seek refuge from anxiety and sadness, from weakness and laziness, from miserliness and cowardice, from accumulation of debts and overpowering of men

Actually this is in all-in-one dua Smiley

Noonoo
Sis

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011 08:04 AM »

Thank you so very much Smiley
peace
Sis

peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #12 on: Jun 01, 2011 02:11 PM »

اللهم إني أعوذ بك من الهم والحزن وأعوذ بك من العجز والكسل وأعوذ بك من الجبن والبخل وأعوذ بك من ضلع الدين وغلبة الرجال

O Allah I seek refuge from anxiety and sadness, from weakness and laziness, from miserliness and cowardice, from accumulation of debts and overpowering of men

Actually this is in all-in-one dua Smiley

I had been anxious most of my adult life and after deep analysis i gathered that the prime cause of my anxiety is the fear of being overpowered by another. Thought it was strange.  I have seen the quoted dua for the first time and its last words simply amazed me!

Noonoo
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Jun 01, 2011 09:45 PM »

Thanks for answering everyone. Did aazeen, I sent you a pm
peace
Sis

peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #14 on: Jun 03, 2011 05:35 AM »

sis noonooo, i replied to your pm but not sure if i sent it correctly. Did u get it
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Jun 03, 2011 07:07 AM »

Sister, I deal with anxiety issues at times.Feel free to pm me.
I find stress and face paced life causes them for me.
I will be 50 this year (getting old) and am trying to learn to chill out, relax and to stop worrying.
I know you're asking about prayers so I hope you won't mind some ideas.
Keep a diary and write in it when you feel anxious, write in what just happened, what you are thinking, who you were talking to is anyone. You can later reflect on your writing to see if there is a pattern.
I find star gazing very relaxing, grab a blanket and go out and look at the night sky, this makes me very relaxed and sleepy.During the day I'll go out and lay on a blanket and look at the sky.
I also find humming relaxing and here are my favorite tunes to hum to:

A is for Allah by Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens)

Yusuf Islam Your mother

Bath by candle light, sipping tea, an indoor mini water fountain all help me.
There are herbal teas that help with aniexity.

Also, someone once told me if I feel I am feeling anxiety about things and not letting go and trusting Allah
that think of my problems and worries as trash, you take out the trash to the curb and walk away.
When you give your worries and problems to Allah and trust in him it is like taking the trash out.
(I sure hope this doesn't sound weird but it made sense to me)
Now once you take the trash out you certainly wouldn't go back out and bring it back in the house right?
So why after placing your burdens and prayers and trust with Allah would you go and take them back?
They are in much better hands with Allah than us.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: