// Interesting & Fascinating Photos from Around the World Thread
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The eye of the heart, though closed in fallen man, is able to take in a glimmering of light and this is faith. But anway of living causes a covering like rust to accumulate over the heart so that it cannot sense the Divine origin of God's message. - Martin Lings (Abu Bakr Sirajuddin)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting & Fascinating Photos from Around the World Thread  (Read 16712 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 29, 2008 04:26 AM »

Here's some of my other favorites from the past:

The famous picture from Florida of Muslims at a 9/11 Vigil.

Sh. Hamza leading a prayer in Cali at the capitol.

I think this was a chechnyan? boy that received food aid.

This is a picture of Kashmiri men praying after the earthquake.

LOVE this picture, what a cutie.

A man in Chechnya praying while fire rages behind him.

The famous picture after 9/11.

Love this pic.

A prayer in the desert. So lovely.

Who can forget this old pic of the kaba flooded!

Prayer elapsed. Fantastic imagery.

Here's a picture of a mosque that remained standing after the Aceh Tsunami. If you guys remember everyone thought it was amazing that the mosques in Indonesia were left standing while everything around them were completely destroyed. Then there were those articles in the news that explained that it was because of the arches and open architecture of the mosques that let the water go through them and not destroy the buildings, and not Divine providence.  Sure Smiley

PS on previous picture of "sh abdullah" that i removed thanx AB for pointing out that it didn't seem accurate, it was from a blog where someone reviewed the convention and put the pic up and labeled it but no idea so i'll leave it for now. Jazaks.
sofia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
sofia has no influence :(

Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob thabbit quloobana ala deenik

« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2008 02:36 PM »

As-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,
Jazaaki Allahu khayran for these pics, actually brought a tear to my eye.   :'(
Are these royalty-free? Meaning, can we use these on blogs?
Just wondering.  Grin

"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Qur'aan 20.114)
"Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!" (23:109)
"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves..."(3:10)
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2008 10:13 PM »

wsalaam wrt,

I don't know where any of the pictures are from! It's just when you encounter something over the years I save it. So dunno, but don't think it's a problem to use them for stuff.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2008 01:39 AM »

From the Islam in China blog and the other one is some art show at a university in the UK.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2008 02:18 AM »

salam,

Remember those pictures that were of 'inside the kaba'. Looks like they were true!! Check these out. In the one where King Saud is coming out you can see the same inside as the picture of the inside someone took with their cell phone!! SubhanAllah wouldn't it be amazing to go inside! I really liked rasulullah's idea of having a door on each side and having people be able to go through. But then again that would definitely be a nightmare in this day and age.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2008 09:18 AM »

Salaams,

A photo I captured with my cell. Scroll right ->

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2008 12:21 AM »

salam,

As usual, click to see big:

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2008 07:18 AM »

Tuareg men and boys having tea after Fajr.

Tuareg bride? at a wedding.

Sahara desert where Tuareg live.

(click to see full size)

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008 08:07 PM »

[Soldiers carrying a wounded child in Beichuan County, Sichuan Province, on May 13.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Jul 08, 2008 09:16 AM »

Mosque in Kuala Kubu Bharu, Hulu Selangor, Malaysia. Click on it to see it big. Amazing. SubhanAllah  subnahallah subh
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Sep 24, 2008 10:45 AM »

Interesting photo that says it all.

A Palestinian woman is denied entry by an Israeli border policeman as she attempts to cross the Kalandia Checkpoint on her way to pray at the Al Aqsa Mosque for the holy fasting month of Ramadan, between Jerusalem and the West Bank city of Ramallah, Friday, Sept. 19, 2008. Prominent Palestinians are lighting a fire under Israel's feet by proposing a peace in which there would be no separate Palestine and Israel, but a single state with equal rights for all. The recent talk of a binational state of Arabs and Jews may be little more than a Palestinian pressure tactic fed by frustration over the failure of talks on a two-state solution, but it has set Israeli leaders on edge.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2008 06:40 AM »

LOVE this pic. Sooo adorable ma'shallah
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2009 06:41 AM »

A picture that represents Gaza to me.

UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2009 04:33 PM »

Wow! You guys have all the threads here!

Allah's Beauty in Creation - One in a Million Photo‏

Picture taken at Bayfront Park,
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

And who would have thought ...

Is this God's way of saying "Have a nice day!"

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009 08:37 PM »

Captions:

Imam Hashim Raza leads mourners in prayer during a funeral for Mohsin Naqvi at al-Fatima Islamic Center in Colonie, N.Y., Monday, Sept. 22, 2008. Naqvi was a Muslim, a native of Pakistan (he emigrated to the U.S. with his family when he was 8 years old and became a citizen at 16) and a U.S. Army officer. He was killed by a roadside bomb while on patrol in Afghanistan.

Muslim women attend prayers on the eve of the first day of the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan at a mosque in Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia on August 31, 2008.

Kartoula, 14, a refugee from Sudan's western Darfur region, enters a distribution centre to receive monthly food rations at Djabal camp near Gos Beida in eastern Chad, June 5, 2008.

Tear gas cannisters fired by Israeli soldiers fall from the sky on Palestinian and Israeli peace activists during a protest agaisnt the construction of Israel's controversial security barrier in the West Bank village of Bilin, near Ramallah, on June 6, 2008

An Afghan refugee child hides from a dust storm behind a tent at a refugee camp in Kabul, Afghanistan on October 7, 2008. Over a quarter million Afghans have returned home this year from Pakistan and Iran, many of them reportedly due to economic and security uncertainties faced in exile, the United Nations said.

In this April 30, 2008 photo, a young Iraqi boy poses for a photo after graduating from kindergarten in Baghdad, Iraq.

Malcolm X Making Salat (Muslim Prayer) circa 1963
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2010 01:22 AM »

Today's BBCNews:
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2010 09:03 PM »

The Big Picture has some cool pictures of Earth hour! http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/03/earth_hour_2010.html

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #17 on: Oct 23, 2010 06:43 AM »

This is actually fascinating. A video made up of all still images.

http://exposureroom.com/members/andreasburgess/26664dd5b55c449c8fa6faacc2667076/

IN THE COURTYARD OF THE BELOVED is a visual and aural portrait of
Nizamuddin Auliya Dargah, a Sufi shrine in New Delhi, India. Made from
over 18,000 still images and ambient sounds recorded on-site,
rapid-fire bursts of kaleidoscopic imagery assemble into fractured
collages where a moment expands outwards and then converges back into
itself, fleshing out a three-dimensional rendering of place.
friendlyandgeeky

Reputation Power: 0
friendlyandgeeky has no influence :(

« Reply #18 on: Apr 12, 2011 07:02 PM »

I don't know what to say except for, AMAZING PHOTOS!! Thank you for sharing!

Learn Arabic online at www.learn-how-to-speak-arabic.com, if you want the very best course teaching how to learn Arabic.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Aug 24, 2011 06:07 AM »

Libyan man...
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #20 on: Nov 07, 2011 07:19 PM »

You'll cry for half an hour...

Orphan Iraqi boy lost his Mother so he drew himself a mother on the ground and slept next to her... http://pic.twitter.com/68suSFqK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: