// Krispy Kreme's or Royal Mithai? (Indian Sweets)
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Simplicity: The Prophet said: 'What is little but sufficient is better than that which is abundant but causes heedlessness. ' (Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
Poll
Question: What would you rather take to a relatives house? Especially if it's your sister's Nikah?
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts - 1 (25%)
Royal Mithai - 0 (0%)
Box of Chocolates - 1 (25%)
All of the above - 2 (50%)
Nothing at all, they should be buying for you knowing that You have a sweet tooth! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Krispy Kreme's or Royal Mithai? (Indian Sweets)  (Read 2653 times)
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« on: May 27, 2011 08:45 AM »

Ok, as some of you know it's my sister's nikah this weekend Insh'Allah.

What would you rather take? I would like answers by 6 hrs time, as I need to go & purchase them, but if poll carries on, cool ;-)

Ps; please make duah for them, that Allah blesses their intended marriage and that their hearts are united in this life & the Hereafter. Ameen.

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011 09:39 AM »

I voted chocolates coz you guys are British, so maybe your sis would like 'em more than Mithai. And also because I like chocolates more than mithai Wink
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011 10:44 AM »

Assalamu alaykum, we have chocolate all the time. They are SO part of the social norm here, you go to the shop and buy kids chocolates. Also, the big supermarkets always have chocolate on special offer, that you cannot help but put a packet or box of chocolates in your shopping basket!

I'm not so sure. Ok another thing, Krispy Kreme's are like £8 a dozen & 'Royal' mithai is like £10.99 a kilo. Do the conversions wherever you are. Hmmm, makes you wonder why we're known as rip-off Britain.

On the other hand, it IS sister's nikah... We all deserve a treat Smiley So any excuse right? Lol

akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011 12:40 PM »

Hmmmmmm..well, I eat mithai and chocolate equally and I like chocolate better and my vote was based just on that, not on you being British, the pun went unnoticed Sad

Secondly, I've no idea what these Krispy Kremes are, you won't find 'em here. Undecided

And 10.99 pounds/kilo (just discovered that my keyboard doesn't have the pound symbol Shocked) seems to be alright. Some varieties might be cheaper while some might be costlier, but the median will be around 9-10 pounds. (Does that mean even we should be known as rip-off Hyderabad? Undecided)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011 02:41 PM »

salam

Br. Akhan you realise that makes the mithai 813 rupees per kilo, still think that's reasonable!

I vote crispy kremes. Or ambala!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011 02:51 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

What would you rather take?

In some ways this is a really tough decision but in other ways it is really easy because surely the only option is to get both Wink

I believe the above strategy is called having your doughnut and eating it bro

But seriously, Ameen to your duas and may Allah bless them in their marriage.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011 06:44 PM »

Assalamu alaykum,

Alhamdulillah, decided to go with the majority vote and I have purchased the 'Ambala' mithai (thanks to a certain sister who went & picked them up for me  Wink ) & am going to pick up the Krispy Kreme doughnuts tomorrow am, so that they're fresh!

By the way, the Krispy Kreme doughnuts are even more expensive £9.45 a dozen, & the 'Ambala' Mithai worked out to be £9.30per KG.

Jazakallah to everyone who took part in the poll and who helped me decide. You guys are the best!

Br akhan, here's a link to the famous Krispy Kreme doughnuts... then you'll understand why everyone raves about them  Wink. Oh also, apparently... they've got Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Saudi, some places on the Hajj route apparently. They have over 80 stores, including Jeddah. You must try one, when you go over to Saudi Wink.

http://www.krispykreme.co.uk/

akhan
Bro

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011 06:48 PM »

Br. Akhan you realise that makes the mithai 813 rupees per kilo, still think that's reasonable!

I think so, coz that's what the prices usually are. You do get cheaper varieties but they're not as good. There are costlier versions too, the costliest I've seen was 4500, with gold leaf.

Are you Indian btw?
akhan
Bro

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011 06:55 PM »

Br akhan, here's a link to the famous Krispy Kreme doughnuts... then you'll understand why everyone raves about them  Wink. Oh also, apparently... they've got Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Saudi, some places on the Hajj route apparently. They have over 80 stores, including Jeddah. You must try one, when you go over to Saudi Wink.

http://www.krispykreme.co.uk/

Al Baik takes over everything while in Jeddah Smiley I just can't get over that stuff . And if you remember, this time the new entree on the menu is gonna be spiny tailed lizard, unless my Dad vetoes it again Smiley So krispy kremes will have to wait a while. Moreover, I am not a big fan of doughnuts either, so let's see
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011 08:04 PM »

salam

Yep I'm Indian, born & bought up in England tho.

Also Br Akhan, I'm not a doughnut lover either, but crispy kremes aren't like doughnuts, they're very different, I can't explain it. If you get a chance taste them, but Ermmm do come back and tell us what the spiny lizard tastes like!

My parents do the mithai buying in India, I personally don't buy mithai at all as Sr. Cinders worked out, I literally needed written instructions to get the right mithai!!!!

My mum makes mithai sometimes, she has gold & silver leaf to put on it!

Me I just bake cakes.

Sr Cinders, I hope your sisters wedding goes really well inshallah. May Allah grant them a happy and successful marriage.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
akhan
Bro

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011 08:33 PM »

Let's just hope I get to taste both, kremes and lizards Cheesy

And if you don't mind, which part of India?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: