// Munnar and Kodaikanal, Kerala
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses. - Abu Hamid al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Munnar and Kodaikanal, Kerala  (Read 2770 times)
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« on: May 31, 2011 06:28 AM »

Trip to hillstations in Southern Kerala

Details at http://www.jaihoon.com/5686.htm

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011 11:26 AM »

Salam alaikum

Wow, mashaAllah!!! those pic are wonderful!  I have only ever seen the famous *hill stations* on TV, but these ones are really spectacular.

Thanks for sharing
Salam
S.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011 03:41 PM »

wsalam,

Definitely amazing pics!! I never saw India that green!

BTw those are definitely India, they're just named Texas so the file uploading would work Wink
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011 04:22 PM »

those are lovely...I wonder what kind of camera you used, coz my valley pics didn't come out that good
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2011 05:41 AM »

those are lovely...I wonder what kind of camera you used, coz my valley pics didn't come out that good

I used the new Canon (consumer level) which is especially good for night/indoor shots (although this is outdoor).

akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2011 09:03 AM »

you mean a Canon SLR? that is out of my budget Sad
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Jun 02, 2011 05:40 AM »

I was referring to the normal camera which is priced at 699 AED (approx $200)

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Jun 02, 2011 06:51 AM »

Salams,

I think the Canon point and shoots are usually very good. I had the ELPH for a loooong time.... took it to India and the Middle East, dropped it all over and in the ocean once! And alhamdulillah it survived! It had excellent color and crispness. It's never going to be an SLR but I do miss the crispness of Canon even when I use my Nikon SLR.
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Jun 02, 2011 06:57 AM »

Salams,
dropped it all over and in the ocean once! And alhamdulillah it survived!

Masha Allah... 'coz i dropped my Nokon D3000 in a lake and it din't  Undecided

akhan
Bro

« Reply #9 on: Jun 02, 2011 07:10 AM »

A normal Canon is that good? Great...I bought the Sony DSC-W350 for SR900 in Jeddah and it sure as hell isn't as good as your Canon.
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

« Reply #10 on: Jun 02, 2011 07:31 AM »

Recommended by my friend, I too was hell-bent on buying a sony at first. But the salesman showed me the difference in color depth and no-grains feature of indoor pics by Canon. And surprisingly they were priced exactly same!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Jun 02, 2011 08:26 AM »

ws,

ouch!!! what a waste of a beautiful nikon d3000 those things are nice!! i just took the canon elph camera out, dried it up, took out the batteries and things, and let the moisture evaporate for a few days before trying to turn it on again (fyi same thing to do if u spill drinks on ur keyboard!!) and alhamdulillah was ok. but it did eventually die after a number of years.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #12 on: Jun 02, 2011 10:40 AM »

Well, the sony was actually my Dad's choice, I wanted Canon but as always --- vetoed
peace
Sis

peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #13 on: Jun 03, 2011 05:42 AM »

ws,

ouch!!! what a waste of a beautiful nikon d3000 those things are nice!! i just took the canon elph camera out, dried it up, took out the batteries and things, and let the moisture evaporate for a few days before trying to turn it on again (fyi same thing to do if u spill drinks on ur keyboard!!) and alhamdulillah was ok. but it did eventually die after a number of years.

we often end up doing that!! our laptop has more than once basked in the sun! and so have the mobile phones
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: