// Jealousy
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jealousy  (Read 949 times)
Anonymous
« on: May 31, 2011 08:09 AM »

Please help. I feel bad for harboring a feeling of envy from a few people in my life. I've experienced some rough times recently and I do consciously understand that it was from Allah. And yet when something good happens to someone else while I try to suppress the feeling of jealousy, it surfaces whenever I have a quiet moment to myself. I want to rid myself of this feeling, but I just end up feeling sorry for myself and my lost potential.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011 10:33 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Actually recognising jealousy as a trait is probably a good thing since most are in denial when it comes to having envy for another person.

We mentioned repentance in a previous thread but how can you repent from something if you do not even know you have done something wrong?

A good reminder for us all on this subject is the story of Qarun in the Qur'an and how the people wished for his wealth but realised their error when he was subsequently swallowed up by the earth.

Sometimes Allah punishes people by granting them wealth and blesses others by means of poverty.

Only He knows the true reality of things.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011 10:54 AM »

salam

Do you know what, it's natural to initially feel a burst of 'How I wish that were me...' however how you progress from that is completely down to you.

The way I deal with life in general is that anothers good fortune is never going to effect the bounties Allah has stored for you.

I always always make dua for my loved ones first and ask for them whatever I want for myself before me, their good fortune is not going to diminish Allahs bounties to me and I love to see my loved ones happy and content and enjoying the bounties of Allah. Sharing in the happiness of others brings its own barakah.

Make your heart bigger, Allahs bounties are not so limited that they will run out before they get to you, your acknowledgement and happiness for others will increase your own share, you'll see inshallah.

Wassalaam

Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2011 02:24 PM »

i think jealousy primarily stems NOT from the feeling of not having something but due to the feeling the since the other person has it he/she will be more respected and valued while I will not be. In most cases its not the lack of something that creates jealousy but the lack of consequences attached to it that creates jealousy. E.g when a friend of mine got through some prestigious exams i went green but not once did i want to be in her place doing the job that she does. All I envied was the value and respect she got! Hope that made sense Smiley
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2011 01:13 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Another hadith which may help here is that we should love for our brother that which we would love for ourselves.

Allah has plans for us all and we should view our lives according to that and not on what others may or may not have.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: