// When a country's constitution was compared to Holy Scriptures
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: O God, I can't live in this world / Without remembering You - / How can I endure the next world / Without seeing Your face? - Rabi'a al-Adawiyya
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When a country's constitution was compared to Holy Scriptures  (Read 795 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Feb 28, 2008 03:00 PM »

The political impasse between a government that many Kenyans know is illegally in power due to the rigging of the December 2007 elections and an opposition the same many Kenyans voted for but were short changed.  Kenya's current constitution which is a major stumbling block is what the government is hiding behind in the mediation talks being chaired by Koffi Annan (former UN Secretary General).  Koffi Annan and his team are urging for a political power sharing deal which entails each to give concessions and change their hard line stance.

The opposition wants the agreements to be entrenched in the current constitution through minimal reforms pending comprehensive reforms once a power sharing government is in place.  The government wants the agreement to be captured in a memorandum of understanding (MOU).  Well, no one can trust the current government which reneged on an MOU 2003.

While the Kenyan constitution has been changed many times by previous government, the current government argues that it will be dangerous to do so now and that it can not be so.  This has made Kenyans people wonder how the government even dares to say that.  This promoted one prominent Kenyan Christian intellectual to say on TV that the constitution is not the 'Koran' or the 'Bible' or even one of the Hindu Scriptures.  Only those Holy Scriptures can not be changed.

Kenya did actually have a people driven constitution change in 2005 that was manipulated by the same government and when put to a referendum, the people equivocally shot it down by voting NO.

Well, I know for sure that the Holy Qur'an CAN NOT be changed.  But the Bible has so many versions and has been changed many times over the years.  I don't know about the Hindu Holy Scriptures though.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: