Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 25, 2014 12:39 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: To biryani, or not to biryani.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Study: For Women, Skinnier Figures Can Equal Fatter Paychecks  (Read 1782 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jun 08, 2011 05:07 PM »

D'oh!! Another reason to lose weight! I'm trying this new app called myfitness pal www.myfitnesspal.com. it works because u just end up too scared to actually eat anything because u'll have to enter it in  Cheesy

==============

Ladies, are you feeling bad about those extra five pounds? This might just make you feel worse. (Sorry!)

According to a study in the Journal of Applied Psychology, women who are "very thin" earn nearly $22,000 more than their "average weight counterparts." The study was conducted by Timothy A. Judge from the University of Florida and Daniel M. Cable, from the London Business School, who examined the relationship between income and weight in men and women.

And not only are women earning less if they are of average weight, they are actually punished if they are overweight; Forbes reports that "'Heavy' and 'Very Heavy' women lost over $9,000 and almost $19,000, respectively, than their average weight counterparts."

Sadly (but not surprisingly), gaining weight seems to have a harsher impact on women's income than it does on men's. The study showed that when men gain weight, their paychecks don't suffer the same way women's do. And of course, you can't forget that men were likely already earning more to begin with. So ladies, even if you've worked to close that gender wage gap, there's also now the gender and weight wage gap. We wish we could make some snarky jokes about this, but frankly, we're just too depressed at the moment. (via Forbes)

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2011 07:53 PM »

salam

Women in highly paid jobs are too stressed out to eat, that's why skinny women earn more, they spend so long at work they exist on black coffee and adrenaline.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2011 08:19 PM »

pffffffffft, if weight is a factor then I've been underpaid!   Cheesy

j/k

the research is a sad indictment of society if it's really the case.

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2011 04:56 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

The study showed that when men gain weight, their paychecks do not suffer as women's do.

No wonder you see more men at the all you can eat Indian buffet Wink

Not sure, though, why weight and pay would be related, are we saying skinnier people are better at their jobs and more likely to be promoted?

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: