Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 21, 2014 04:42 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: A rakah a rakah! My kingdom for a rakah!'

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 60 Ways to Keep Your Husband’s Love????  (Read 12370 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jun 09, 2011 08:34 PM »

OK so here's the other article i found as a counterpart to the 'how to keep ur wive's love' one i posted in the guys forum. This one was written by compiling random people's suggestions and NOT by a real Shaikh giving advice from Quran and Sunnah. I don't really like some as they seem kind of offensive to me and assumes women are stupid or something and have to act all fake and slave like for their husbands to love them! Many of the points are good but others could have been written in a better way really.

Would anyone else like to comment, guys and/or married womens true or false on the below//?

60 Ways to Keep Your Husband’s Love???

1. Behave like a female, i.e. all the tenderness of a female–a man doesn't want a man for his wife!

2. Dress pleasantly/attractively. If you are a home-maker, don't stay in your sleeping suit all day.

3. Smell good!

4. Don't lay out all your problems on your husband as soon as he walks in. Give him a little mental break.

5. Don't keep asking him, "what are you thinking?"

6. Stop nagging non-stop before Allah ta'ala gives you something really to complain about.

7. Absolutely no talking about your spousal problems to anyone you meet, not even under the pretense of seeking help! If you think you want to solve legitimate marital issues, then go seek counseling with the right person who can give advice in either:

8. Be kind to your mother-in-law the same way you would like your husband to be kind to your own mother.

9. Learn all the rights and obligations of each other in Islam. Focus on fulfilling your obligations, not demanding your rights

10. Race to the door when he comes home, as if you were waiting for him. Smile and hug him.

11. Keep your house clean, at least to the level that he wants it.

12. Compliment him on the things you know he's not so confident about (looks, intelligence, etc.) This will build his self-esteem.

13. Tell him he's the best husband ever.

14. Call his family often.

15. Give him a simple task to do at home and then thank him when he does it. This will encourage him to do more.

16. When he's talking about something boring, listen and nod your head. Even ask questions to make it seem like you're interested.

17. Encourage him to do good deeds.

18. If he's in a bad mood, give him some space. He'll get over it, inshaAllah.

19. Thank him sincerely for providing you with food and shelter. It's a big deal.

20. If he's angry with you and starts yelling, let him yell it out while you're quiet.You will see your fight will end a lot faster. Then when he's calm, you can tell him your side of the story and how you want him to change something.

21. When you're mad at him, don't say "YOU make me furious", rather, "This action makes me upset". Direct your anger to the action and circumstance rather than at him.

22. Remember that your husband has feelings, so take them into consideration.

23. Let him chill with his friends without guilt, especially if they're good guys.
Encourage him to go out, so he doesn't feel "cooped up" at home.

24. If your husband is annoyed over a little thing you do (and you can control it), then stop doing it. Really

25. Learn how to tell him what you expect without him having to guess all the time. Learn to communicate your feelings.

26. Don't get mad over small things. It's not worth it.

27. Make jokes. If you're not naturally funny, go on the internet and read some jokes, and then tell them to him.

28. Tell him you're the best wife ever and compliment yourself on certain things you know you're good at.

29. Learn to make his favorite dish.

30. Don't ever, EVER talk bad about him with friends or family unnecessarily. If they end up agreeing with you, you will see that it hits you back in the face because you get more depressed that you have a bad husband–and other people also think you have a bad husband.

31. Use your time wisely and get things accomplished. If you're a home-maker, take online classes and get active in your community. This will make you happy and a secondary bonus is that it impresses your husband.

32. Do all of the above fee sabeelillah and you will see Allah put barakah in everything you do.

33. Husband and wife should discuss and communicate with wisdom with each other to convey what they like and dislike of each other to do or not to do. Do NOT give commands or instructions like he's your servant. "They are garment to each other" [Surah Baqarah, 2:187]

34. Tell your husband you love him, many, many times. Aisha, radiallahu anha, narrated that the Prophet , salallahu alaihi wasalaam, used to ask her how strong her love for him, she said like "a knot." And the next time he would ask her, "How is that knot?" He also used to reply to her saying, "Jazzakillah, O Aishah, wallahi, you have not rejoiced in me as I have rejoiced in you."

35. Have a race with your husband and let him win, even if you are much fitter and stronger than him.

36. Keep fit and take care of your health so you will remain a strong mother, wife, cook and housekeeper, inshaAllah you will not get FAT and frumpy.

37. Refine and cultivate good mannerisms i.e do not whine, don't laugh or talk too loud or walk like an elephant.

38. Do not leave the house without his permission and certainly not without his knowledge.

39. Make sure all his clothes are clean and pressed so he is always looking fresh and crisp.

40. Don't discuss important/controversial matters with him when he is tired or sleepy. Find right time for right discussion.

41. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

42. Always let him know that you appreciate him working and bringing home the "dough". It makes it easier for him to go to work.

43. Make sure you ALWAYS have something for dinner.

44. Brush your hair, everyday.

45. Don't forget to do laundry.

46. Surprise him with gifts. Even necessities, such as new shoes, can be gifts.

47. Listen to him. (Even when he talks about extremely boring things like basketball or computers.)

48. Try (hard as it might be) to take interest in his hobbies

49. Try not to go shopping too much … and spend all his money.

50. Look attractive and be seductive towards him. Flirt with him.

51. Learn tricks and "techniques" to please your husband in intimacy. (Of course goes both ways.)

52. Prepare for special evenings with him with special dinner and exclusive time (no children permitted).

53. Take care of your skin, especially your face. The face is center of attraction.

54. If you not satisfied intimately, talk to him and tell him. Help him or provide resources, don't wait until matters become worse.

55. Ask Allah to strengthen and preserve the bonds of compassion and love between the two of you, every day, every prayer. Ask him to protect that bond from Shaytaan. When a lesser devil destroys the love between spouses, he is the most beloved of Shaytaan. Nothing works like du'ah, and love only exists between spouses where Allah instills it.

56. Don't EVER compare your husbands to other husbands! For example don't say, "well her husband doesn't do that, why do you …" (thats a killer!)

57. Be happy with what you have because no one is perfect. If you want perfection, wait until you enter Jannah together inshaAllah–and of course, vice versa!

58. Strive for Allah's love first and foremost! if all wives try to seek Allah's love and pleasure, surely, they can keep their husbands love too. And remember–if Allah loves you, the angels will love you, and the entire creation will love you.

59. If you pack a lunch for your husband to take to work, from time to time
sneak in a little love note or sweet poem. If he doesn't take a lunch, leave the note somewhere else for him to find, like in his briefcase, or wallet or on the car steering-wheel

60. Wake him up for Qiyam ul-Layl (in the last third of the night) and ask him to pray with you.
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2011 04:42 AM »

25. Learn how to tell him what you expect without him having to guess all the time. Learn to communicate your feelings.
[/quote]

I guess this one applies to every woman in every sort of relationship. Women have this weird way of communicating by encrypting everything and then the men have to decrypt it which they often can't. I didn't even know about this clandestine tactic until last year when my mum said something and I took it to be something else. Thankfully, my sister figured out that I had messed it up and explained what mum actually meant and I stopped short of doing what I thought I should be doing. To be honest, I was kinda flabbergasted to find out that I had been getting it wrong for so many years..sheesh
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2011 05:59 PM »

wsalam,

ur so funny akhan  Cheesy that's good ur learning early how to de-encrypt!! there are some good books like 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" that help alot too. I have an e-copy somewhere so let me know if u want to read it ;0

akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2011 06:15 PM »

I don't get why the women can't communicate the straightforward and simple way? The way that everybody understands.
I guess, a stellar reason for the woman-woman catfights might be just this. One of them encrypts the message in a certain way and the other decrypts it in another, result - big time misunderstanding and subsequent bad mouthing.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10, 2011 07:16 PM »

wsalam,

it's not that women are talking in a diff language or in tongues or something!!, it's just that men and women communicate in different ways. not sure if this is nature or nurture issue but just the way it is. women to women catfights are not about misunderstandings, it's usually all about jealousy!! really read the book i'll send it to u iA when i find it.

akhan
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Jun 10, 2011 08:31 PM »

See, I got it wrong again  Grin
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2011 01:04 PM »

35. Have a race with your husband and let him win, even if you are much fitter and stronger than him.

rotfl

Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2011 09:55 PM »

This article is so lame  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 2011 01:50 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

It is interesting to note when you read about the marriage of our Prophet saw and Khadijah (ra), the number of times she was there as a material and emotional support for him.

She always stood by him and had an unshakeable faith in her husband particularly in the aftermath of the first revelation. Her words of comfort and counselling during that time clearly showed the esteem, respect, belief and love she had for him.

Is it any surprise or wonder, therefore, that he saw used to mention her often, even after she passed away?

How is it possible then that this list does not explicitly include 'support' in its 60 Huh?

PS Re #37, how exactly does an elephant walk? Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Jun 14, 2011 03:51 PM »

such a strange article. i have a lot to say about it, but i'll just leave it at that.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Jul 07, 2011 10:36 PM »

wsalam,

ur so funny akhan  Cheesy that's good ur learning early how to de-encrypt!! there are some good books like 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" that help alot too. I have an e-copy somewhere so let me know if u want to read it ;0

found a link akhan and for anyone else who wants to d/l it. there's some really good stuff. i read it ages ago, now re-reading it. the hardest thing is actually putting it into practice!!  Shocked

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/21230179/1805388939/name/ladies.pdf
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Jul 08, 2011 01:10 AM »

Thanks for link, Jannah. I've downloaded it to read later.

akhan wrote:

I don't get why the women can't communicate the straightforward and simple way?

We do leave you guys at a loss sometimes, don't we?

I try not to, but I know I drive my husband crazy.  He'll keep asking "What do you want? What do you want?" and I'm like "I just told you!"  Cheesy
akhan
Bro

« Reply #12 on: Jul 08, 2011 03:18 AM »

sis pearl, I feel sorry for your husband...I mean you're probably great at other things but this, ...... Smiley
my stepmum's the worst/best at communicating the wrong way for me, she will say a few paragraphs even if it's a simple thing like "get me some water". In that situation I mentally close my ears till she's done and then ask her to sum everything up in one line Grin it usually works and ends with both of us giggling, me, in frustration and her, in amusement!

sis J, thanks Smiley
moderatesufi
« Reply #13 on: Jul 09, 2011 02:23 PM »

I think it is up to married brothers to say whether they would keep their wives if they behaved like this.
whether they would be positive or negative traits.

1. Behave like a female, i.e. all the tenderness of a female–a man doesn't want a man for his wife!

Yes, men hate it when women behave all manly and macho. Some men might like it, but most of them would be already taken, by guys!

2. Dress pleasantly/attractively. If you are a home-maker, don't stay in your sleeping suit all day.

Again, yes. But with something to add. Just because you find certain clothing attractive, doesn't mean he does. Pleasant and attractive are subjective, so find out what he finds pleasant and attractive and try and dress appropriately.

3. Smell good!
Again, find out what smells he likes. Just because you think it is nice, doesn't mean he does.

4. Don't lay out all your problems on your husband as soon as he walks in. Give him a little mental break.
Yes, but even after the break, try not to nag excessively.

5. Don't keep asking him, "what are you thinking?"
True, and please don't assume you know what he is thinking.
You would get it wrong.
ok.

6. Stop nagging non-stop before Allah ta'ala gives you something really to complain about.
Smiley
True!

7. Absolutely no talking about your spousal problems to anyone you meet, not even under the pretense of seeking help! If you think you want to solve legitimate marital issues, then go seek counseling with the right person who can give advice in either:

Yes to the first bit, no to the second.
Best to be patient.

8. Be kind to your mother-in-law the same way you would like your husband to be kind to your own mother.

Yes, but more so.
lol

9. Learn all the rights and obligations of each other in Islam. Focus on fulfilling your obligations, not demanding your rights

So true!
You know what happened in a Madrasa here. They were teaching some Alima students, About rights.
And they all demanded them, and all of their Husbands divorced them!
So now, they make sure they tell the students, you have these rights. Just because you do, it doesn't mean it is farrad on you to demand all of them.
Else he would just go off and marry someone else who doesn't.

10. Race to the door when he comes home, as if you were waiting for him. Smile and hug him.

Smiley Wow, not to fast though. it would be embarrassing if you slip and great him with tears instead of a smile.

11. Keep your house clean, at least to the level that he wants it.

Not such a biggy.

12. Compliment him on the things you know he's not so confident about (looks, intelligence, etc.) This will build his self-esteem.

Sounds cool.

13. Tell him he's the best husband ever.

Wow!

14. Call his family often.

I think the family stuff isn't applicable to everyone. A lot of women live with their husband's families or very close by after marriage.

15. Give him a simple task to do at home and then thank him when he does it. This will encourage him to do more.

Coool Smiley

16. When he's talking about something boring, listen and nod your head. Even ask questions to make it seem like you're interested.

Yes,. except it isn't boring. It is just the female mind isn't big enough to comprehend how interesting it is.

17. Encourage him to do good deeds.
yep

18. If he's in a bad mood, give him some space. He'll get over it, inshaAllah.
yep

19. Thank him sincerely for providing you with food and shelter. It's a big deal.
yep

20. If he's angry with you and starts yelling, let him yell it out while you're quiet.You will see your fight will end a lot faster. Then when he's calm, you can tell him your side of the story and how you want him to change something.
yep

21. When you're mad at him, don't say "YOU make me furious", rather, "This action makes me upset". Direct your anger to the action and circumstance rather than at him.
yep

22. Remember that your husband has feelings, so take them into consideration.
yep

23. Let him chill with his friends without guilt, especially if they're good guys.
Encourage him to go out, so he doesn't feel "cooped up" at home.

yep

24. If your husband is annoyed over a little thing you do (and you can control it), then stop doing it. Really
yep

yep

26. Don't get mad over small things. It's not worth it.
yep

27. Make jokes. If you're not naturally funny, go on the internet and read some jokes, and then tell them to him.
yep

28. Tell him you're the best wife ever and compliment yourself on certain things you know you're good at.
yep

29. Learn to make his favorite dish.
YES!

30. Don't ever, EVER talk bad about him with friends or family unnecessarily. If they end up agreeing with you, you will see that it hits you back in the face because you get more depressed that you have a bad husband–and other people also think you have a bad husband.

Yes

31. Use your time wisely and get things accomplished. If you're a home-maker, take online classes and get active in your community. This will make you happy and a secondary bonus is that it impresses your husband.

Some what yep, but men are more concerned about how pretty you look and how nicely you cook. As well as other more private things you would do.
As long as the courses don't get in the way of more important things, they are cool.

32. Do all of the above fee sabeelillah and you will see Allah put barakah in everything you do.
Smiley

33. Husband and wife should discuss and communicate with wisdom with each other to convey what they like and dislike of each other to do or not to do. Do NOT give commands or instructions like he's your servant. "They are garment to each other" [Surah Baqarah, 2:187]
Smiley

34. Tell your husband you love him, many, many times. Aisha, radiallahu anha, narrated that the Prophet , salallahu alaihi wasalaam, used to ask her how strong her love for him, she said like "a knot." And the next time he would ask her, "How is that knot?" He also used to reply to her saying, "Jazzakillah, O Aishah, wallahi, you have not rejoiced in me as I have rejoiced in you."

Smiley

If that is the case, you really need to make your husband work out more, and get him to be fitter and stronger.
Agree with the racing part, not the let him win part.

36. Keep fit and take care of your health so you will remain a strong mother, wife, cook and housekeeper, inshaAllah you will not get FAT and frumpy.

YES!

37. Refine and cultivate good mannerisms i.e do not whine, don't laugh or talk too loud or walk like an elephant.

Yes

38. Do not leave the house without his permission and certainly not without his knowledge.

yep

39. Make sure all his clothes are clean and pressed so he is always looking fresh and crisp.

yep, but don't do that stuff when your husband needs attention.
When I worked really long hours, house work being done when I got back really got me annoyed.
So do them when he isn't home, or don't do them at all.
Because some other things are more important.

40. Don't discuss important/controversial matters with him when he is tired or sleepy. Find right time for right discussion.

yep.

41. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

yes. Cook what he likes.
Just because you think he should like something, or you like it, it doesn't mean he likes it.

42. Always let him know that you appreciate him working and bringing home the "dough". It makes it easier for him to go to work.
Smiley

43. Make sure you ALWAYS have something for dinner.
Smiley

44. Brush your hair, everyday.
well, depends on how much time it takes?
there are more important things

45. Don't forget to do laundry.
Again, there are more important things.

46. Surprise him with gifts. Even necessities, such as new shoes, can be gifts.

Gifts would be nice. But I don't really see clothes as gifts, just something you wear. Something that needs replacing every so often?
Gifts should be something more specific to him, something that you chose to buy, not what you need to?

47. Listen to him. (Even when he talks about extremely boring things like basketball or computers.)
Yes, but men shouldn't be talking about basketball, it is a girls sport called netball that has been Americanised.

48. Try (hard as it might be) to take interest in his hobbies
yep

49. Try not to go shopping too much … and spend all his money.
I have never really seen this as a problem. I think this is a Desi issue, involving desi stingyness?

50. Look attractive and be seductive towards him. Flirt with him.
YES!

51. Learn tricks and "techniques" to please your husband in intimacy. (Of course goes both ways.)

YES!

52. Prepare for special evenings with him with special dinner and exclusive time (no children permitted).
YES!

53. Take care of your skin, especially your face. The face is center of attraction.

Not really. Women show of their faces to other women. Men are interested  in other things. Better to keep fit.

54. If you not satisfied intimately, talk to him and tell him. Help him or provide resources, don't wait until matters become worse.
yep

55. Ask Allah to strengthen and preserve the bonds of compassion and love between the two of you, every day, every prayer. Ask him to protect that bond from Shaytaan. When a lesser devil destroys the love between spouses, he is the most beloved of Shaytaan. Nothing works like du'ah, and love only exists between spouses where Allah instills it.

yep

56. Don't EVER compare your husbands to other husbands! For example don't say, "well her husband doesn't do that, why do you …" (thats a killer!)

YES!

57. Be happy with what you have because no one is perfect. If you want perfection, wait until you enter Jannah together inshaAllah–and of course, vice versa!

yes

58. Strive for Allah's love first and foremost! if all wives try to seek Allah's love and pleasure, surely, they can keep their husbands love too. And remember–if Allah loves you, the angels will love you, and the entire creation will love you.

yes

59. If you pack a lunch for your husband to take to work, from time to time
sneak in a little love note or sweet poem. If he doesn't take a lunch, leave the note somewhere else for him to find, like in his briefcase, or wallet or on the car steering-wheel

yes

60. Wake him up for Qiyam ul-Layl (in the last third of the night) and ask him to pray with you.

Better you wake up, you pray and do so in a way that you wont wake him or anyone else up.
It is a nawafil, ok.
Not a Farrad.

se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #14 on: Jul 10, 2011 11:41 PM »

as salaamu alaykum,

So true!
You know what happened in a Madrasa here. They were teaching some Alima students, About rights.
And they all demanded them, and all of their Husbands divorced them!
So now, they make sure they tell the students, you have these rights. Just because you do, it doesn't mean it is farrad on you to demand all of them.
Else he would just go off and marry someone else who doesn't.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but that's probably one of the dumbest things I ever heard.  I'll put it to you plainly:  sure you can have a wife who accepts every oppression and every unkindness her husband commits towards her, and on top of that is ignorant of her rights so that she is not even aware of the wrong being committed - but what kind of a man are you?  Did the Prophet saw or any of the righteous people we know of the past, and look up to, and admire, withhold knowledge from their wives as a means of controlling them?  The righteous men of the past - when they were corrected, even when they were corrected in a harsh way or embarrassing way - did they punish the person who brought their wrongdoing or missteps or ignorance to their attention?  In fact they did the opposite, humbled themselves, and spoke truth and stood for justice, even if it were against their own selves.  Umar (ra) said, "May God have mercy on the one who blesses me with the gift of making me aware of my own defects and weaknesses."  That is what manhood is.

If such a man does what you describe above, he is not worthy of the 'aalima sister in the first place, and she is probably better off kicking him to the curb and finding someone who fears God in his actions towards her.

salaam
moderatesufi
« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2011 02:28 AM »

I don't think you understood what happened?
Or you don't quite understand the full extent of all that it is possible to demand.
But the extent of their demands was so great, that ALL of the husbands were unable or unwilling to meet them.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Jul 11, 2011 07:38 AM »

ws,

But the extent of their demands was so great, that ALL of the husbands were unable or unwilling to meet them.

hmm so easy for bruvas to demand their full rights all the time but when sisters want them.. divorce?? que pasa with that??

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but that's probably one of the dumbest things I ever heard.

yup!
akhan
Bro

« Reply #17 on: Jul 11, 2011 08:27 AM »

At times I feel sorry for the women, they have to compromise on so many things. The world is always looked at from a man's perspective.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #18 on: Jul 11, 2011 09:27 AM »

salam

Men who fear Allah tend to be kind and gentle and loving and happy to fulfill their wives rights.

Unfortunately the few anomalies make the headlines.

My dad, uncles and male cousins treat their wives with love and respect, they have harmonious households where Allah's mercy is discernable for those who have the sense to see it.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Jul 11, 2011 04:31 PM »

Men who fear Allah tend to be kind and gentle and loving and happy to fulfill their wives rights.

YES don't want anyone to get the impression Muslim men are all chauvenist/abusers or something!! So many good brothers mashaAllah, especially from the second generation. Really I'm so often impressed with some of the husbands of my friends. The key is they really make an effort. It's like the time and effort you put into something comes back to bless you.
moderatesufi
« Reply #20 on: Jul 11, 2011 08:33 PM »

Some sisters really find it hard to take advice don't they?

What would 60 Ways to Keep Your Husband's Love? be to them?

Let me see,
It would be:

Don't do anything to keep his love, he should just love you anyway!

Repeated 60 times!

I really want to tell the Kaffir readers something too:

Don't worry, not all Muslim women are feminists.
When you become Muslim, you can marry someone from a Muslim country. Who is fully house trained, and will make you happy.
Who will be happy, to cook what you like. Wear what you find attractive, and speak to you in a way that makes you feel great.
And and the same time, she will be pleased with you! And Happy she married you! And be satisfied with you!
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #21 on: Jul 11, 2011 08:40 PM »

salam

To any non Muslim Women out there, I'd like to assure you not all Muslim men are foaming at the mouth abusers, some are house trained and will not pee on your carpets or lick the dinner plates to get out of doing the washing up!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #22 on: Jul 12, 2011 12:44 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Oh poor guys!!

We had such great hopes that they could actually marry more than one wife too Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #23 on: Jul 12, 2011 01:21 AM »

I really want to tell the Kaffir readers something too:

Don't worry, not all Muslim women are feminists.
When you become Muslim, you can marry someone from a Muslim country. Who is fully house trained, and will make you happy.

Women, including the feminists you disdain, are not in need of "house training".  House training is a term used to refer to dogs which need to be trained not to relieve themselves in the house.  It is insulting to refer to women in such a way.

But I suspect you already know that, moderatesufi.
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #24 on: Jul 12, 2011 05:51 AM »

At times I feel sorry for the women, they have to compromise on so many things. The world is always looked at from a man's perspective.

... “With the secrets of Time
Your age not reached prime

Lord has made this world
But justice not here served

He has kept a life after
There shall be our laughter

Since we toil for the men to rest
Our least be better than his best

Not a drop of our sweat shall be lost
With joy shall our cheeks be moist

In Him our trust
He is the Most Just