Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 20, 2014 10:05 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: What's in a name? That which we call a zahra. By any other name would smell as shariah.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 60 Ways to Keep Your Husband’s Love????  (Read 12349 times)
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #25 on: Jul 12, 2011 04:27 PM »

salam

well said br. Jaihoon.  masha'Allah!

take care
moderatesufi
« Reply #26 on: Jul 12, 2011 07:58 PM »

OK, Pearl, I meant house work training Smiley
Quite a few women are in need of that especially these days when so many of them waste their youth learning silly courses instead of learning to cook, clean and being good house wives from their mums.

Br Khalid, well few men can manage a single uppity westernised Muslimah, while most can manage 4 Muslimised Muslimah's.

Fozia
A lot of wives Muslim or otherwise would take it as a complement if the plates were licked clean. It means the food tastes good, as opposed to the plates being returned while still half full.
As for the peeing on the carpets. Accidents do happen. Smiley
Best to get the type who will clean it all up instead of nagging excessively.
I cant remember the last time I did that, but I am sure my mum can.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #27 on: Jul 13, 2011 05:57 PM »

so many of them waste their youth learning silly courses instead of learning to cook, clean and being good house wives from their mums.

wow don't know what to say to that even. throwback to cave times perhaps?

Br Khalid, well few men can manage a single uppity westernised Muslimah, while most can manage 4 Muslimised Muslimah's.

lol yup it takes a real muslim man.

Best to get the type who will clean it all up instead of nagging excessively.

yeah make sure to get one like that from the wife store next time!!!

se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #28 on: Jul 13, 2011 06:08 PM »

well few men can manage a single uppity westernised Muslimah, while most can manage 4 Muslimised Muslimah's.

I'd rather be uppity than downtrodden and stepped on! karate

and Alhamdulillah, my husband (may Allah reward him) is man enough to 'manage' me just fine  Cool  It's usually a weak man who needs to keep women down, dislikes them learning about their rights, and 'challenging' them in any way, while a strong man feels secure in his masculinity and actually encourages that.  (See: The Prophet saw with 'Aisha radiahu)

BTW, I think this is a sad misconception that many men have -  that a meek, subservient wife from back home is a better wife, and not someone who is active in the community or interested in attending classes and learning deen or has other interests and passions.  Not true.  Having a wife who has interests, a developed personality, and also knows her deen is one who, generally speaking, will be conscious of Allah in her actions and seek to fulfill your rights upon her (and most likely be most 'obedient' in the way this deen prescribes and sanctions - yes I said it!).  It is usually the sisters who actively seek knowledge and are involved in the community who take best care of their homes and children, because they have a source of nourishment, fulfillment and encouragement.  She will also be someone one can feel a sense of companionship with and a connection to, that will keep the bond of marriage strong, as opposed to someone who's main activities are watching TV, cooking, going shopping, etc.

salaam
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #29 on: Jul 13, 2011 06:13 PM »

lol yup it takes a real muslim man.

WORD jannah!   bebzi 4 you 4 that Smiley

salaam
moderatesufi
« Reply #30 on: Jul 13, 2011 07:22 PM »

It is true that some doormats, oh sorry I meant men marry the westernised types. They might have even looked for that type, but do such women with such an attitude manage to keep their Husbands happy?
Do such women manage to keep their Husbands love?
Or do they just order their husbands to say, "you have kept my love, by ordering me about and cooking me this rubbish, that is if you cook at all".

This attitude is why so many western women are left on the shelf permanently. And old white men their age go to oriental countries or eastern Europe to marry much younger prettier women who treat them a lot better.

So I don't think behaving like a western type is the way to keep your Husband's love.
And I don't think the slogan "women should do nothing at all, because the Husbands love should just grow and grow in spite of neglect, because he is a strong man" will help at all.

There are things that women do, that increase their man's love and their are things that decrease it.
Doing nice things for him increases it, doing mean things decreases it. Slogans such as he is a strong guy cause he doesn't mind being neglected or he is a weak guy because he wants his wife to behave feminine has not effect on his love what so ever.

Oh, by the way, I wont be online for a long time. [slm]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #31 on: Jul 13, 2011 10:41 PM »

salam

Aaaand there we have it, apparently Moderatesufi is Rupert Murdoch.

Old (and young as it happens) white men also go to Thailand a lot to do ladyboys, it's really not something Muslims aspire to.

As a general rule Muslim men, men who fear Allah are actually decent human beings who love their wives and enjoy living with them in happy harmonious homes.

I know many such families and I would not call one man amongst them a doormat nor would I describe their wives as such (one wife per guy just to avoid doubt!).

The Prophet (saw) helped around the house, he had fun with his family, he was kind and gentle and loving and did not put demands on his wives, he managed to live harmoniously with fiesty, strong willed, educated women....and he upheld their rights and even taught them their rights so they knew exactly what they were due!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #32 on: Jul 14, 2011 12:15 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

yup it takes a real muslim man

Couldn't agree more!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #33 on: Jul 14, 2011 07:12 AM »

wsalam,

the funniest part of this thread (of which there are many) is imagining brkhalid's face when he is given the choice between a single uppity westernised Muslimah or four Muslimised Muslimahs lol   bolt i swear i was giggling for 10 minutes reading that yesterday!
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #34 on: Jul 14, 2011 09:54 AM »

salam

Actually I am seriously ticked off.

Firstly lets address this old white men marry eastern women because they treat them a lot better bull.

Actually no, old white men marry these eastern women and they get them only because these women are suffering in dire poverty and would do anything to get out of their godawful situations including marrying disgusting old men with the right coloured passport, its very easy to catch these doddering old fools who perscribe to the stereotype that eastern women are doormats and will cook and clean and be sexually available whilst making no demands whatsoever for themselves..... In addition to which western women who aren't in such dire straits have standards, Hugh Hefner (the classic dirty old man) found that out to his humiliation not so long ago.

I know a few women in just such circumstances and none would marry a run of the mill dirty old man, each is married to a fabulously wealthy man and they are very very familiar with divorce laws, one is in the process of getting a divorce and he will be paying for it till forever as they have children together.........she's also now fully British and insanely wealthy (she is happy with the trade off for her former life and will no doubt go on to bigger, better and more wealth!).

It is only moderatesufi who has these ideas of domestic bliss and his own spin of 'Islam', bearing in mind he doesn't work, sends his wife out to work, calls her ugly and thinks she is privileged to be married to him, thinks there are blonde haired blue eyed virgins just queuing up to marry him when he is unable to take care of his one family, is disgusted by his educated wife for her education (which is paying for the roof over his head) thinks all women should be kept stupid and shackled to the kitchen and that dhal makes you fat, and any woman who disagrees with his views is a feminist!
Oh and before you go on about how you pay for everything in your house, really seriously sitting on your arse and claiming benefits is not paying for the roof over your head, I also find it impossible to believe that a man such as yourself would allow his wife to keep her own money without compelling her to pay it all into the household, because you come across like that!

Muslim men are well aware that altho they may personally not be teaching their wives what their rights are, Allah is well aware of the rights he has perscribed and he sees the men abuse their wives and refuse them their rights, a woman's lack of knowledge of her own rights over her husband does not absolve her husband from fulfilling those rights, he may think he's being so clever denying her rights in this life, but there is a life yet to come and you will recompense her then (each and every wife you take)!

Every Muslim guy I know would recoil at such views of marriage and women.

Moderatesufis views are not Islamic nor Muslim nor the norm for Muslim men. You get people like him in all religions and walks of life, people who think the world owes them for their very existence.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #35 on: Jul 14, 2011 10:06 AM »

salam

Oh and I consider myself a feminist, I'm a very educated, high earning, martial art practising, single mother Muslim feminist.

Wassalaam

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #36 on: Jul 14, 2011 10:14 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

the funniest part of this thread (of which there are many) is imagining brkhalid's face when he is given the choice between a single uppity westernised Muslimah or four Muslimised Muslimahs

I am not sure "funny" was my first reaction Wink

But on a serious note, a man is no doubt deficient if he is *unwilling* (unable one can understand and possibly excuse) to fulfil the God given rights of his wife.

There is something very unmanly in having to ask one's wife for concessions in fulfiling her rights where one is able but not willing.

Moreover, choosing to keep a wife in ignorance over her rights (when a man is fully aware of them) and using this for advantage and personal gain is completely reprehensible and bordering on oppression.

Such a man could hardly be called sensible and does great disservice to Islam and to the way the Prophet saw treated his wives.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #37 on: Jul 14, 2011 04:01 PM »

wsalaam,

sorry sr fozia I guess it isn't funny if he's really serious. i just assume some ppl's views on here are just exaggerated or fake because they just sound so crazy!

i do agree that certain men marry 'eastern/oriental/fob' wives in the hopes that they will be completely submissive and not demand anything. and agree they are in for a major shock! because women are women wherever they're from and if they're uneducated, ignorant and materialistic these men's lives are going to be hell instead of the jannah they imagine!!

allright can we go back to the nice topic that this was... loveshower

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #38 on: Jul 14, 2011 04:56 PM »

salam

Sorry for getting serious Sr Jannah, I was initially answering with tongue firmly in cheek.

I felt however, that moderatesufi needed to be addressed seriously, you have a lot of traffic thro this website & I don't want anyone to think that his views are acceptable or normal amongst practising muslims.

But yes back to the frivolous banter!

Wassalaam

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #39 on: Sep 08, 2011 05:16 AM »

old but gold... summary of the men are from mars book...

• We mistakenly assume that if our partners love us they will react and behave in certain ways--the ways we react and behave when we love someone.
  • A man's sense of self is defined through his ability to achieve results.
  • To offer a man unsolicited advice is to presume that he doesn't know what to do or that he can't do it on his own.
  • A woman's sense of self is defined through her feelings and the quality of her relationships.
  • When our partner resists us it is probably because we have made a mistake in our timing or approach.
  • A man wants to make improvements when he feels he is being approached as the solution to a problem rather than as the problem itself.
  • To feel better Martians go to their caves to solve problems alone. ...  To feel better Venusians get together and openly talk about their problems.
  • Men are motivated and empowered when they feel needed... Women are motivated and empowered when they feel cherished.
    Given the opportunity to prove his potential, a man expresses his best self.  Only when he feels he cannot succeed does he regress back to his old selfish ways.
  • Not to be needed is slow death for a man.
  • A woman's tendency to be compulsive [in giving of herself] relaxes as she remembers that she is worthy of love--she doesn't have to earn it;  she can relax, give less, and receive more.  She deserves it.
  • When she wakes up and remembers her needs, he also wakes up and wants to give her more.  [i.e. women need to not give too much, otherwise they will become emotionally tired.]
  • A man's deepest fear is that he is not good enough of that he is incompetent.
  • Just as women are afraid of receiving, men are afraid of giving.
  • It is difficult for a man to listen to a woman when she is unhappy or disappointed because he feels like a failure.
  • To fully express their feelings, women assume poetic license to use various superlatives, metaphors, and generalizations [i.e. don't take them literally]
  • The number one complain women have in relationships is "I don't feel heard."  Even this complaint is misunderstood by men!
  • The biggest challenge for women is to correctly interpret and support a man when he isn't talking. ...  When a man is silent it is easy for a woman to imagine the worst.
  • Never go into a man's cave or you will be burned by the dragon!
  • It is very difficult for a man to differentiate between empathy and sympathy.  He hates to be pitied.
  • A woman should not be judged for needing [reassurance that she is loved] just as a man should not be judged for needing to withdraw.
  • When a man loves a woman, periodically he needs to pull away before he can get closer. ... A man automatically alternates between needing intimacy and autonomy. ... To a certain extent a man loses himself through connecting with his partner. ... The man grows to understand his own cycles and reassures her when he pulls away that he will be back.
  • A woman's self-esteem rises and falls like a wave.  When she hits bottom it is a time for emotional housecleaning.  ...  When negative feelings are surpressed positive feelings become surpressed as well, and love dies.
  • Men argue for the right to be free while women argue for the right to be upset.  Men want space while women want understanding.  ...  By supporting her need to be heard she could support his need to be free.
  • Men primarily need trust, acceptance, appreciation, admiration, approval, and encouragement.  Women primarily need caring, understanding, respect, devotion, validation, and reassurance.
  • A man commonly makes the mistake of thinking that once he has met all of a woman's primary love needs, and she feels happy and secure, that she should know from then on that she is loved.
  • The secret of empowering a man is never to try to change him or improve him.
  • Men rarely say "I'm sorry" because on Mars it means you have done something wrong and are apologizings [while women use it to mean] "I care about what you are feeling".
  • Most arguments escalate when a man begins to invalidate a woman's feelings and she responds to him disapprovingly.
  • The most common way women unknowingly start arguments is by not being direct when they share their feelings.
  • On Venus their motto is "Love is never having to ask!"
  • If a woman is not asking for support a man assumes he is giving enough.
  • When a man hears a demanding tone, no matter how politely you phrase your request, all he hears is that he is not giving enough.  His tendency is then to give less until you appreciate what he is already giving. ...  When asking a man for support [e.g. doing something for you], assume that he doesn't have to be convinced.  ...  Men are much more willing to say yes if they have the freedom to say no.
  • When you ask a man for support and you do not reject him for saying no, he will remember that, and next time he will be much more willing to give.
  • When a man grumbles it is a good sign--he is trying to consider your request versus his needs.
  • One of the key elements of assertive asking is to remain silent after you have asked for support.
  • It is a paradox:  because you feel safe with your partner, your deepest feers have a chance to surface.  When they surface you become afraid and are unable to share what you feel.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #40 on: Sep 08, 2011 05:29 AM »

and I found this "christian" list awhile ago... i liked most of them but found some of them just strange??....

100 Ways You Can Love Your Husband HIS Way

1. Respectfully communicate with him.
2. Let him know he’s important to you.
3. Purposefully try to understand his feelings—even when you disagree with him.
4. Show interest in his friends giving him some time with them if they’re trust-worthy.
5. Let go of the small stuff. We all have annoying habits and preferences that are different from our spouse’s.
6. Tell him you both love him AND like him.
7. Either show interest in his hobbies or allow him space to participate freely.
8. Protect his dignity on a daily basis.
9. Be tender with him realizing he has feelings also.
10. Foster an atmosphere of laughter in your home. Look for ways to laugh together.
11. Try not to make sudden major changes without discussion, giving him time to adjust.
12. When you go out on a date together don’t bring up problems—have fun instead.
13. Focus on what he’s doing right, instead of focusing so often on the negatives.
14. Show interest in what he feels is important in life.
15. Give him special time with you apart from the children.
16. The first minutes after a spouse comes home often sets the stage for how the rest of the evening will go. Try to make that time a positive experience.
17. Give him time to unwind after he gets home from work. Your evenings will be much more enjoyable.
18. Don’t allow family members to treat him disrespectfully. Defend him to anyone that dishonors his place as your husband.
19. Compliment him often.
20. Be creative when you express your love, both in words and in actions.
21. Talk with him about having specific family goals for each year to achieve together to feel closer as a marital team.
22. Don’t over commit yourself. Leave time for him.
23. Extend God’s grace to him and be forgiving when he offends you.
24. Find ways to show him you need him.
25. Give him time to be alone. (This energizes him to reconnect at other times.)
26. Admit your mistakes; don’t be afraid to be humble. Peel away your pride.
27. Defend him to those who disrespectfully talk about him. Love protects (1 Cor. 13:7).
28. Respect his desire to do well—not his performance.
29. Rub his feet or neck, or scratch his back after a hard day.
30. Take time for the two of you to sit and talk calmly (schedule it when necessary).
31. Initiate going out on romantic outings (when he’s not tired).
32. Email him when he’s at work, telling him how much you love him.
33. Surprise him with a fun gift of some kind that he’d really enjoy.
34. Express how much you appreciate him for working so hard to support the family.
35. Tell him how proud you are of him for who he is (giving him specific reasons).
36. Give advice in a loving way — not in a nagging or belittling way.
37. Help your husband to be the Spiritual head at home (without “lording” it over him).
38. Reserve some energy for him so you’re not so tired when he wants you sexually.
39. Don’t expect him to do projects beyond his natural capabilities.
40. Pray for him to enjoy God’s best in life.
41. Take special notice for what he has done for you and the family.
42. Brag about him to other people both in front of him and even when he’s not there.
43. Keep conversations brief when he’s tired—so he isn’t “flooded” by too many words.
44. Tell him 3 things you specifically appreciate about him.
45. Honor him in front of the children (differ respectfully in private when necessary).
46. Give him time to unwind for a little while after he comes home from work.
47. Get up with him, even when he gets up earlier than you want to and pray with him (you can go back to bed afterward, if possible —it’s a sacrifice worth making.)
48. Be his “help-mate” in whatever ways you sense he needs it.
49. Participate in shoulder-to-shoulder activities with him (like watching a movie and such) without talking. Sometimes men just like to BE with you and not talk.
50. Be a student of his ways so you show your love in ways he best comprehends it.
51. When your husband is in a bad mood give him time to recover. Don’t crowd him.
52. Help him to finish his goals, hobbies, or education when your see he needs it.
53. Treat him as if God has stamped on his forehead: “Handle With Care.”
54. Work to get rid of habits that annoy him.
55. Be kind and thoughtful to his relatives. Don’t make him choose between you.
56. Don’t compare his relatives with yours in a negative way.
57. Thank him for things he’s done around the house. (It means a lot to men).
58. Don’t expect credit for all you do for him. Do it as “unto the Lord.”
59. Make sure he agrees with everything important that you’re planning to do.
60. Do little things for him—let him sleep in, bring him coffee, etc.
61. Don’t belittle his intelligence or be cynical in your words with him.
62. Initiate sex periodically. And respond more often.
63. Sometimes let him enjoy his day off work without having to “work” at home.
64. Get to the point in your discussions. Spare him details unless he wants them.
65. Discover his sexual needs.
66. Surprise him with a 15 second kiss when he gets home from work.
67. Wink at him from across the room when you’re out at a group function.
68. Give him the benefit of the doubt when he mis-speaks.
69. Don’t quarrel over words.
70. Be kind and courteous with him. (Don’t be kinder to strangers than to him.)
71. When things go wrong, instead of assessing blame, focus on how to do better.
72. As a kindness, don’t say, “I told you so.”
73. Try not to argue over money. Peacefully discuss future expenditures instead.
74. Take him out on dates—pre-planning all of the details ahead of time.
75. Hold his hand and snuggle up close to him at times both at home and in public.
76. Praise his good decisions; minimize the bad ones.
77. Tell him you love him more often.
78. Put love notes in his pockets and brief case.
79. Sit with him while he’s watching TV—even if the program doesn’t interest you.
80. Don’t expect him to read your mind (despite your thinking he should— extend grace).
81. Periodically, give him time with his family alone.
82. Check with him before you throw away his papers and stuff, when possible.
83. Work to keep yourself in shape in every way.
84. Let him express himself freely, without fear of being called stupid or illogical.
85. Carefully choose your words. Remember to “speak the truth in LOVE.”
86. Don’t criticize him in front of others—keeping his dignity in tact.
87. Visit his childhood home with him.
88. When you’re angry, express it in respectful ways. Don’t give the silent treatment.
89. Pray for him.
90. Make him homemade soup when he’s sick.
91. Look your best—dress to honor him and make him proud to be seen with you.
92. Support him when someone tries to put him down. Be his best cheer leader.
93. Don’t disagree with him in front of the children.
94. Take him for a weekend get-away without the children.
95. Cheer his successes whether in business or in other areas of everyday living.
96. Graciously teach him how to demonstrate his love for you.
97. Give him coupons to redeem—maybe for a back scratch or a shoulder rub.
98. Buy him a gift certificate to his favorite lunch spot and put it in his wallet.
99. Hide notes for him around the house where only he will find them.
100. Thank him for just being himself.

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #41 on: Sep 08, 2011 06:05 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I thought #28 was interesting but not sure about all the back scratching  Huh?

BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #42 on: Sep 08, 2011 04:13 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Ahhh, it seems the Ramadhan truce is well and truly over!! bro

Let's try and keep discussions general without dragging personal issues in and please can we at least show some respect when we address each other.

If anyone is in any doubt as to how that can be achieved then just please take a look at some recent posts of Br Abu Khaled.

PS We all know our Sr Fozia needs our backing at the moment (see recent dua request thread) so let's try and be supportive of each other instead of being destructive. That I dare say is what being a Muslim is all about!!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #43 on: Sep 08, 2011 05:56 PM »

wsalam,

negative reps are back!!!  Cheesy

yes let's keep things non-personal please! all insults will be deleted. again u could be making good points but no reason to insult ppl personally or bring personal lives into it that's not cool.

The ironic thing is i really suspect moderatesufi, brkhalid and abu khaled actually live in the same area and might have even done itikaaf together!! yup irony of ironies  Grin

for some reason moderatesufi tells us about his personal life and opinions thereof let's avoid getting into that and talk about the bigger issues ie "education of women", "women working outside the home"...etc. and moderatesufi lets refrain from calling ppl feminist and prejudiced.

no reason to use the word 'feminist' as an insult. Islam is a whole system where men and women are given "equal" but different rights that all work in a system. didn't our prophet saw bring a deen that uplifts the condition of women socially, politically, economically and spiritually. i think he'd be called a feminist in our day? especially compared to the jahaliyyah.

I thought #28 was interesting but not sure about all the back scratching

I think they used the wrong word. they probably meant back massage!! and who wouldn't want that male or female!
moderatesufi
« Reply #44 on: Sep 09, 2011 02:10 PM »

wsalam,

no reason to use the word 'feminist' as an insult. Islam is a whole system where men and women are given "equal" but different rights that all work in a system. didn't our prophet saw bring a deen that uplifts the condition of women socially, politically, economically and spiritually. i think he'd be called a feminist in our day? especially compared to the jahaliyyah.

As I mentioned before, I do not believe feminism means women's rights. It is an ideology, like capitalism, communism, fascism and Nazism. The creed of the ideology is to achieve sameness. In the past some aspects of feminism overlapped with women rights. But Feminism doesn't mean women's rights and as can be seen in the present day a lot of aspects of feminism go against women's rights.
Men and women are not the same. Islam recognises this, feminism refuses to. And when it doesn't recognise the differences, it is used as an excuse to take away rights from women.

That is the theory of feminism, but in the present the practice of feminism is far worse than the flowed theory. Just take a look at the feminist organisations. Where is the women's rights they work for? Instead all they seem to do is shave their heads, complain about men and smell really very bad. I really hate it when I am doing dawa with the boys and one of them comes up to talk to me.

In short what I mean is, if you want to keep your husband's love do not look to the example of Kaffir feminists, do not listen to their advice. Instead follow the example of the wives of the Prophet pbh and obey the instructions of the Prophet pbh.
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #45 on: Sep 10, 2011 01:27 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

I thought #28 was interesting but not sure about all the back scratching  Huh?

Back Scratch + Foot Rub = Bliss3   sis
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #46 on: Sep 10, 2011 06:07 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Makes much more sense now!!

Proof that there is a sisters code which sometimes brothers are not in on Wink

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #47 on: Sep 11, 2011 02:24 AM »

salam

The back scratching thing had me puzzled too, I was envisioning wives up & down the globe scratching husbands backs with those bamboo fork like back scratchers my grandparents had!!!!

Wassalaam

akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #48 on: Sep 11, 2011 05:40 AM »

A lot of these points really make sense but some of them are outright scary! Grin
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #49 on: Sep 11, 2011 07:17 AM »

A lot of these points really make sense but some of them are outright scary! Grin

hah the scariest is actually that i tried to find a version for men "things to please your wife" and couldn't find anything decent to post. they were all like 'watch the kids for a hour', 'look into her eyes and tell her you understand her' lol. i guess u guys will have to wing it!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: