Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 18, 2014 04:52 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: If dhikr be the food of love, play on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Muslim Women Unveil and Explain Why. NPR.org  (Read 4569 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: May 25, 2011 07:17 AM »

http://www.npr.org/2011/04/21/135523680/lifting-the-veil-muslim-women-explain-their-choice
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011 09:32 AM »

salam

Hijab is so personal. It makes me crazy when I read articles where Muslim women are quoted as saying 'ive done my research & hijab is not required by Islam it's cultural...' makes life immensely more difficult for those who do wear hijab.

You don't want to wear hijab, that's entirely up to you, but don't take that choice away from your sisters in islam.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011 01:51 AM »

salam

You don't want to wear hijab, that's entirely up to you, but don't take that choice away from your sisters in islam.

Wassalaam

Until we all realize that, these kind of sensational stories on hijab will continue to be written and highlighted.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2011 08:03 PM »

salaam yeah I agree that is annoying Fozia but I don't think that it says that here in this article?
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2011 08:05 PM »

I thought this was a very good, balanced and realistic article of what really is happening in today's world

I agree Hijab is a personal thing, I wish people would leave it to that though.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2011 10:30 PM »

salam

She did indeed the first woman quoted says;

"I've done my research, and I don't feel its foundation is from Islam," she says. "I think it comes from Arab culture."

That really truly and utterly ticks me off.

She doesn't want to wear hijab, thats all fine and dandy, but do not set yourself up as the voice of Islam, I have also done my research and my conclusion reflects my own attire, this womans decision is her own but she cannot say what she has been quoted as saying as it makes life for those of us who cover hell!

Then we get jumped up little non believers falling over themselves to quote her and try and strip us.

That is what ticks me off!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2011 12:48 PM »

the lady is apparently shy of representing a community. Thats teh excuse she has used taht she does not want to represent acommunity and get noticed when she walks into the room, while it is a claer fact taht muslims are ordered to keep thier appearance distinct from non-believers. So hijab or no hijab she has to keep it distinct if she goes by shara. Thats a lame excuse perhaps suitable to satisfy her own guilt but nothing else!
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2011 11:27 AM »

A woman should wear what she likes. - Armani http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/15/international/europe/15veil.html

peace
Sis

peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #8 on: Jun 08, 2011 07:37 PM »

now thats wisdom!
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Jun 13, 2011 05:44 AM »

salaam

It is nice to hear such a famous fashion designer say that!
moderatesufi
« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2011 04:04 PM »

"All my Community will be forgiven except those who are blatant. And it is from blatancy for one to perform an act at night and to wake up and tell something that they did such-and-such,while Allah had concealed it for them. They slept under the cover of Allah, and they rended Allah's covering from themselves in the morning." [Bukhari and Muslim]

"Believers see their sins as if they were sitting at the foot of a mountain and feared that it may fall on them, while the corrupt see their sins as if they were a mere fly that flew by their nose." [Bukhari and Muslim]

The key issue here isn't the sin, the uncovering. The key issue here is making a video of the fact thereby glorifying sin.
Justifying it.
pray for the forgiveness of the sinful

[Edited by Admin]
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Jul 06, 2011 05:03 PM »

The key issue here is making a video of the fact thereby glorifying sin.
Justifying it.
pray for the forgiveness of the sinful

don't ask Allah to curse other muslims/people, lest they, or other people ask Allah to curse you.  

[Edited by Admin]
moderatesufi
« Reply #12 on: Jul 06, 2011 05:48 PM »

Sufism isn't about rejecting the laws of the Quran, such as Hijab, Jihad and Khilafah.
The Uthmani Khalifs were all Sufi, Saladin and the other great Mujahideen were all Sufi. Love of the Prophet pbh and imitating him and his glorious family have always been at the core of the Sufi path.
This means true Sufi women dress as the wives of the Prophet dressed and cover themselves completely, and not like the wives of the disbeliever with uncovered hair.
Is it any wonder I condemn them, and what they call towards?
Sufism has never accepted Biddah as a path to enlightenment.
Salahudeen slaughtered the people of biddha before he slaughtered the Christian crusaders.
People of Bidha includes a so called someone who was preaching Greek philosophy which he disguised as Sufism, someone who Saluhudeen ra had executed for apostasy!

[Edited by Admin]
moderatesufi
« Reply #13 on: Jul 07, 2011 09:36 AM »

People need to stop pretending that there is anysort of difference of opionion about covering the hair.
This is the order set down in the Quran, its meaning clearly defined in the sunnah, and how to follow it clearly demonstrated by the female family of the Prophet pbh and the female Sahaba.

People need to also realise the abandonment of part of Islam is the abandonment of it all.
There is no, I believe in Salat but I don't believe in Zakat.
When this happened, the people who abondoned the Zakat were clasified as Kaffir apostates, and were fought against. They were killed, their property, women and children distributed.

We need to believe in all of Islam. Hijab isn't somesort of special case, which can be treated in a lesser way than the rest if it.
It is obligatory. Not practicing it, is an act of fosq, and denying the rule is an act of kufr.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: