Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 24, 2014 09:54 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: All the world's a dars.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cheap clothes  (Read 1645 times)
ashg1989
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
ashg1989 has no influence :(

« on: Jun 12, 2011 03:50 AM »

salam. Was looking for modest islamic clothing but everything is so expensive. Do any of you sisters know where I can find cheap clothing? many thanks.  purplehijabisis
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2011 05:16 AM »

wsalam,

how cheap we talking sister? and where do u live? i think if u look through clearance racks of stores u'll find a lot of nice things, esp when fall/winter things come in. they're all long sleeved and non c-thru! u can also try stores like wal-mart and target and then there's always those "second hand new stores". like there's one called plato's closet where girls sell off their fashionable clothes and they're pretty new looking and decent. u might find something useful. lastly, there's this great thing we've been doing in our community called "Fashion exchange parties". This is where sisters get together and each one brings some clothes she doesn't want anymore that are in good condition/don't fit her anymore, or she just couldn't figure out how to wear. So then we put them all on racks displayed like a boutique and then we go up in turns and try stuff on and pick something we want to take home! It's a lot of fun trying on stuff and getting new stuff that way Wink
ashg1989
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
ashg1989 has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2011 04:37 AM »

Thanks, jannah. Nice idea. I was looking online for abayas and things like that but everything is so expensive. At the masjid I go to the other day they were selling some stuff but still it seemed too expensive for me.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2011 11:12 AM »

salam

Can you sew or know someone who can, abayas are essentially simple to sew.

Or if you know any indian person who is going to India ask them to bring a few back for you. I have mine made in India, much cheaper than buying ready made ones here!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: